Ikea desk gallery

My new studio
28iurh5.jpg

Bit of a work in progress at the moment after the move.

Eventual plan is to replace the old writing desk with something else, probably (because of style) a basic Vika Amon tabletop and legs (though I'm considering other options)
Eventual plan is a
Option 1 said:
so I can adjust the height some.

Or I can do
Option 2 said:

The top option is more adjustable up and down, but the bottom option has more storage, and is within an inch of being "the best height". Still thinking.

As it stands now, the drawers/shelf is an Ekby Alex from Ikea, sitting on Capita 4" legs with one of the Galent wire managers underneath (the 4" legs give just enough clearance). There is also a Non (what a great name) LED 'undercounter' light installed underneath the Ekby.

Once the desk is chosen, the wiring will be improved, but for the time being it works.

Also, and this is super important, the 4" legs give the drawers enough clearance to make it over my coffee mug ;)

Also, you can see the Pup's office hangout, though he is busy sleeping in front of the open sliding glass door at the moment! ;)

Just a heads up to anyone that is considering making a desk by buying a Lagan countertop and attaching legs to it: I was at Ikea in Atlanta on sunday and they were out. I was told that they discontinued that product. I think they are still making it in white, but if you want to bare wood, get it before it's sold out at your store if they have stock.

I wound up getting two Varde countertops in Birch, one for a computer desk and one for a kitchen work surface. They were on sale for $50 each, which Likely means they are discontinued as well.

Get on it if you need a nice wood surfaced desk. Looks like they were only keeping substantially more expensive products, so act now, or pay more.

That's not actually focused like that is it? Wtf lens are you using if so? Or did you just blur the rest of the image.

nah the out of focus part was added with photoshop to draw your eyes to the desk plus the s90 point&shoot i used has like infinite dof

I think the desk in this pic is a Vika Amon, but I don't see those legs/sides at ikea.com. Any idea what they are?
ikea-office.jpg

I am looking for a desk to configure as pictured below.

What's my best option from Ikea, preferably black?

You want a desk made out of three individual lines, that aren't touching and are really skinny and long?

I am making a very long desk. 3x Vika Amon tops. Anyways I was wondering what I could use for legs. I'm not adding any underneath storage yet so I will be using just legs. Is there a type of leg I can attach so that each top will connect and only use one leg. I'd rather not use 12 legs.

I am looking for a desk to configure as pictured below.

What's my best option from Ikea, preferably black?

It depends, do you want to use up all the space from end to end?

Just a heads up to anyone that is considering making a desk by buying a Lagan countertop and attaching legs to it: I was at Ikea in Atlanta on sunday and they were out. I was told that they discontinued that product. I think they are still making it in white, but if you want to bare wood, get it before it's sold out at your store if they have stock.

I wound up getting two Varde countertops in Birch, one for a computer desk and one for a kitchen work surface. They were on sale for $50 each, which Likely means they are discontinued as well.

Get on it if you need a nice wood surfaced desk. Looks like they were only keeping substantially more expensive products, so act now, or pay more.

I was reading up on this as well on ikeahackers. I might have to sell my beloved glass Galant top and get a lagan or Numerar to accomodate my significant other on the opposite side

BTW if anyone from [H] needs a 63" straight Galant tabletop and is in Los Angeles. I'll be letting one go for free, just shoot me a PM

Last edited:
I need some help on cable management, I'm pretty noob at it. I own a Galant desk with the glass desktop so none of the Ikea cable management items fit on it. In general, what sorts of items do I need and more importantly where can I get them?

My setup is pretty simple: 1 PC chassis, 2 monitors, and 2.1 speakers setup, but the cables are all over the place :eek:

I need some help on cable management, I'm pretty noob at it. I own a Galant desk with the glass desktop so none of the Ikea cable management items fit on it. In general, what sorts of items do I need and more importantly where can I get them?

My setup is pretty simple: 1 PC chassis, 2 monitors, and 2.1 speakers setup, but the cables are all over the place :eek:

I just zip tied all the cables to the frame of the desk itself. You can't see anything. Came out real clean.

Initially i used heavy duty velcro to hold up the cable management. It lasted for a couple months and fell off. Now i use closet dowels from home depot and cut 4 in 1 inch pieces. I used wood to glass glue by Gorilla glue to attach the 4 dowels to the underside of the galant. I can now utilize galants cable managent with normal wood screws

Last edited:
zzMGL.jpg

Can anyone tell me if the desk in this picture is a corner desk RIGHT or LEFT?

This looks like a RIGHT to me, but I am just checking.

The RED side depth is the larger side with 31.5" depth right?

&

the BLUE is the thinner side that is 23.5"?

or do I have these reversed / something wrong.

Back