If you purchased a recent GTX 970 or 980 video card and did not receive a free $59.99

No luck for me from Amazon with an MSI 970 Gaming received on Nov. 3rd that I had backordered on October 20th... but the Amazon rep mentioned contacting nVidia directly but I haven't tried that yet.

Or return and buy another.

I just got off chat with newegg.
I ordered two Zotac reference models of the GTX 980 on 7 October.
Initially they told me the promo was only for purchase after 4 November.
I asked the agent to see what she could do for me.

Bingo.
Two game codes emailed to me in less than 5 minutes.

Yahoo......Far Cry 4 for free.:D

TigerDeclined.com :rolleyes: That's what I got. Oh well, got my card early and will get Far Cry from someone on ebay.

Newegg was good to me. Ordered 2 x 980s a bit over a month ago and they still gave me 2 game codes! No hassle at all. 9 minutes from dialing their customer service number to the codes being emailed to me!

Newegg hooked me up as well with codes for 3 cards I purchased. Reps were very helpful, no trouble at all. Big thumbs up to Newegg! :)

Still waiting to hear back from Tigerdirect for another one I ordered for a friend, but I doubt they'll come through at this point as it's been a couple days now with only one response asking me to be specific about which promotion I was inquiring about.

3 out of 4 ain't bad at all, thanks to Newegg. :D

I forgot to thank unrealcpu for posting this.:p
It was a great suggestion, and newegg didn't bat an eye.

Its nice to get a freebee once in a while.:D

I was able to get Micro Center to honor the Nvidia promotion for a GTX 980 I bought on 10 October. Just had to show my receipt.

I forgot to thank unrealcpu for posting this.:p
It was a great suggestion, and newegg didn't bat an eye.

Its nice to get a freebee once in a while.:D

No probelm Magoo , glad i could help.
Looking forward to playing The Crew this winter with my Fanatec steeting wheel
in SLI
hehe

Holy crap, didn't think they'd actually honor it... but they did! I ordered my MSI 970 Gaming back on September 26th! Wow.. Thanks for pointing this out to us, I'm so excited. I already had pre-ordered Unity, so now I'm gonna get me Far Cry 4 WOOHOO!!

Anyone else that picked Far Cry 4 not having it show up in their U-Play client game list?

Just got my promo code in my email! Wow I still can't believe Newegg actually did this, considering I ordered in September... freaking love Newegg.

Killer info on this thread.

I purchased two 980's back on sept 22 and newegg just agreed to send me two promo codes. Via live chat.

Big thanks to Newegg and OP!

Edit: got the codes via email after only a few mins waiting.

Last edited:
so if I buy a ubisoft game of steam I still have to install the client?

in that case no ubisoft games for me then, will sell my code.

Yes, Uplay is required regardless. I've had 0 problems though over the years. I think people exaggerate things but I'm sure some people have had an actual problem here and there. Keep in mind the 950,000 people who've had things go without a hitch rarely get on these forums and say "Hey I just wanted to post out of the blue and say that things are working FLAWLESSLY"

I think the exessive Pirating of PC Games have led some developers/distributors to come up with drastic (possibly unnecessary) measures and have done either

A: quit making quality games for PC completely
B: come up with more creative/aggressive ways to protect their business i.e. DRM or Day 1 patches
C: come up with annoying formats that involve you paying extra for bonus content 90% of the time that isn't worth crap. i.e. Premium edition or Season Pass

Anyone else that picked Far Cry 4 not having it show up in their U-Play client game list?

I would assume the D/L will be ready on release day....Nov 18th. I don't think Ubisoft has a preload system?

is the uplay client required to get the free games? that kinda sucks.
Yes, if you want to play the game in this manner.....ie free coupons.....you need to use Uplay.
I've never purchased a Ubisoft game on Steam? I just read the Steam page about Far Cry 4 and you DO INDEED need to install Uplay even if you buy the game from Steam.

That's too bad.....what's wrong with free?
Even if you love Steam, you can't get this game and play it without installing the UPlay client......just like Origin for EA.

Thanks for this thread UnrealCpu! I bought one of my 970's on newegg business on Sept 23rd and after a few minutes on chat with them I have a free game in my email.

Awesome!

Thanks for this thread UnrealCpu! I bought one of my 970's on newegg business on Sept 23rd and after a few minutes on chat with them I have a free game in my email.

Awesome!

Great ! wow that is amazing. September 23rd is over 45 days and they still honored it.

I ended up getting The Crew and Far Cry 4. I am definitely looking forward to The Crew to put my Fanatec Steering wheel to use for sure.

Welp, AC5 looks to be a big pile of shit. *fingers crossed FC4 doesn't suck*

Dang, should have got it from Newegg. TigerDirect plain refuse.

Did you apply pressure? Newegg is no cake-walk. I've talked to two different CSR reps from Newegg and neither would freely give me the code. I applied pressure to the 2nd rep (stating my dissatisfaction, pointed out I've been on Newegg for 5+ years and spent a ton on the card), and they contacted their supervisor and gave me the code.

Whoever in this thread recommended trying again - thanks, it worked. :D Launched 980 GTX here

I am sure Newegg from the actions they took to satisfy us 900 series owners with free game codes will have many repeat customers in the future, when a new card launches.

Sounds like Tigerdirect and NCX should learn about customer service

Agreed...good customer service is so valuable..from now on I'm going with Newegg

I explained I ordererd my card from TD in Oct and have since got a CPU and Blu Ray drive from them and it would be much appreciated, the rep said sorry not possible.

Agreed...good customer service is so valuable..from now on I'm going with Newegg

This is one reason I am so happy Amazon exists . I feel they have one of the best customer satisfaction policies for an online store . When it comes to big purchase items I only shop through amazon or New Egg for deals.

To me though it sounds like every store should back date the codes for people who can prove they bought the video card. Just seems like good customer service

Nice, good for you Note....I tried that :( Got a guy called Eric
Thing is, I have spent almost $1k there in the last month..and its not so much about the game but about the customer service. And I am building this PC for that game :)

I did this right after they announced the games. Got the code yesterday. Keep trying is what I'd say.

Sweet anyone who bought from TD should try this and let us know!

Hello , my name is Ramon Briones, how may I help you?
Me: well posted my question, you get it
its the pick your path bundle http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle
Needing game code for NVidia bundle for buying a pny gtx980 from you
Order #: --------------
Ramon Briones: Thank you for waiting.
Ramon Briones: This game code promo was just offered by the manufacturer just this October.
Me: I am aware of that, but new egg is honoring cards bought before that http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1839953 thought you would do the same
so I could post NICE THINGS ABOUT Tiger Direct
Ramon Briones: We would like to inform you that the promo was offered by the manufacturer not by us.
Me:really, egg is honoring the older cards. but you can't
why is that
Ramon Briones: we already explained that it is offered by the manufacturer.
Me: ok, will let the [H] forums know what you said
Ramon Briones: That is why once you buy the item that qualify to the promo you will be asked to provide an e-mail because they will be sending it to your e-mail address.
Me: you say that but reading the forum I sent you, new egg is sending the game code
Me: that's fine !
Ramon Briones: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
nope, that's it. have good evening
Ramon Briones: Have a great day, and thanks for providing us with the opportunity to assist you today!

Tried my best guys. :p

Glad to see you got your code note235.

Back