If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Well I just got this in the mail.

Thank you for submitting your Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD OEM. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive your order within 4-6 weeks and receive email confirmation when your order is shipped. At any time you may also go to https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista or email us at [email protected] to check on your order.
If you do not receive your order within the time frame specified, please notify us prior to May 1, 2007 for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may investigate and ship your order. After those dates we may not be able to process your request.

Well that is 1 of 3 so far even after they said they would not do it. They realy don't know what they are doing.

my order is going backwards, first I was coa/pop verified now just coa verified. What a complete waste of time, sent them email got canned response will recieve 4-6 weeks from end of jan???:rolleyes:

Not sure about the validity of it but: http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/02/16/redeem_this_bill/

Nevertheless, MS remains confident that "all valid orders that were placed before the 31st January will be fulfilled within 28 days as per the agreed terms".

Or, to put it another way, no one should be at all put off by the mere fact that ModusLink has no record of their order. It's all going to come together in the end.

I do doubt the whole 28 days thing. :p Mine still hasn't went past the COA thing, and I'm not really wanting to call them ...

I did, I got a canned response about January and that they would send it. I posted earlier, just been watching this thread since then. :)

I just got this now.

We are unable to locate your profile information.
A problem occurred while trying to locate your profile on Microsoft.com. If you have not yet registered with Microsoft.com, you may do so at the Profile Center.

If you are still unable to receive the Verification E-mail after three attempts, Contact Us

DA left hand DAS not know what the right hand is doing there.

Maybe you filled out the original form wrong? There WAS a place where System builders could enter thier name. If you filled that out you in deep doo doo. ;) :D

What a pile of #*@*(

I'm showing COA validated...but I faxed everything a month ago. On a lark I emailed a .gif of the newegg invoice today with the suggested earlier in this thread message title when sending these clowns a p.o.p. I tried to call them, but I guess you just get a recording only. I am really starting to hate MS and the half-assed subcontractor it hired for this disaster.

I got mine today as well, order was put in on the 25jan07 and instead of the the one Vista Business upgrade I was expecting I got two (in separate packages).
:cool:

A system builder in the Netherlands called MyCom , I just got a generic upgrade coupon which I sent in the day after I got the pc .

Got my copy of Vista today. Purchased XP through NewEgg first week of January. Seems like orders are starting to be fulfilled.

Got my copy of Vista today. Purchased XP through NewEgg first week of January. Seems like orders are starting to be fulfilled.

Eh? Then this would mean that newer orders are being sent before older ones.

I did mine before the 1st of December ...

Did you folks who received your orders check the status page beforehand...did the Moduslink page say that the order was shipped before you actually received it?

I'm hoping they are just packing and shipping and not spending resources on updating the website.

Did you folks who received your orders check the status page beforehand...did the Moduslink page say that the order was shipped before you actually received it?

I'm hoping they are just packing and shipping and not spending resources on updating the website.

Nope, moduslink never posted that it had shipped.

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread and had pretty much the same experience as the majority here with the upgrade and moduslink site.

My original purchase of the OEM XP PRO was in late November through Newegg. I followed all the drections and mailed off the necessary paperwork imediately.

Here are the list of status terms I've seen to date:

1) order confirmed (from the time I submitted the online info and credit card)

2) coa validated (I got this after about about 3 weeks)

3) coa/pop validated (after I resubmitted my POP via email in mid January))

4) order approved (About the same time Vista was released)

It remained like this for another couple of weeks. I did notice that some of the blanks had been filled in ie; coa number and order number at some point.

Then today It reads: Order is shipped
with today's date, carrier info, and the AWB# all filled in.

I didn't recieve any email notification of the shipment.

It looks as though they are beginning to catch up. I would bet that if you were to purchase an oem xp with the upgrade offer today, it would probably go much smoother.

rek :)

I bought two separate copies of XP Pro OEM with the Vista Coupon(s).

One order seems to be going through. I sent them the order confirmation and a receipt from Newegg (both scans) via email. They stated they received the info and would be processing it shortly. It is STILL only COA validated though.

The second order was sent using a separate receipt and via a different email account etc. It was the same except the order confirmation and receipt were different. Here is the reply I got:

Dear Customer,
We need the original POP from where you bought the computer from.

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

Regards,

Upgrade Redemption Center

Any advice or suggestions?

CxP

You probably need to resend (email) the other receipt to them as well. I really feel a helluva lotta receipts were 'lost' even though all of us sent them in the original mailing to begin with!

I bought two separate copies of XP Pro OEM with the Vista Coupon(s).

One order seems to be going through. I sent them the order confirmation and a receipt from Newegg (both scans) via email. They stated they received the info and would be processing it shortly. It is STILL only COA validated though.

The second order was sent using a separate receipt and via a different email account etc. It was the same except the order confirmation and receipt were different. Here is the reply I got:

Any advice or suggestions?

CxP

I'm sure you did this, but make sure you use the original e-mail to reply with, as this has a tracking number on it. Send yet ANOTHER e-mail, with the pop, explaining what happened.

I was wrong in my assumption that some people could do their jobs. I took your advice and sent an email as my order has been at COA validated since the middle of January and never changed. I emailed them today with a PDF file of my Newegg invoice and this is the response I received:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your MicrosoftR Product.

We have received a copy of your proof of purchase. We will email you a confirmation when the validation process is complete.

Regards,

Well no shit.....it was in the same damn envelope when it arrived on January 8th!

I was wrong in my assumption that some people could do their jobs. I took your advice and sent an email as my order has been at COA validated since the middle of January and never changed. I emailed them today with a PDF file of my Newegg invoice and this is the response I received:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your MicrosoftR Product.

We have received a copy of your proof of purchase. We will email you a confirmation when the validation process is complete.

Regards,

Well no shit.....it was in the same damn envelope when it arrived on January 8th!
Either a MASSIVE amount of mail simply vanished, or somebodies to lazy to type in your order confirmation number, the first time, but it took the 2nd E-mail to get things rolling again. All in all, I wound up e-mailing them at least 30 times so far, including at least 3 times a day, to get them to clear the initial request, so I could continue to fill out the online form. Keep in mind, my original request started out in OCT 30th. It does look hopeful that now, maybe things are moving along a bit, however I continue to wonder why people who just submitted ,are already getting thier copy of Vista, while all of us who submitted a long time ago, have not.

I'm sure you did this, but make sure you use the original e-mail to reply with, as this has a tracking number on it. Send yet ANOTHER e-mail, with the pop, explaining what happened.

I just resent my request (acting like I didn't send anything before) & now I got a different response. I guess it just depends on who reads your email over there.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your Microsoft® Product.

Regards,

Actually got a confirmation of shipment today... I think I'll believe it when I see it come in the mail!

"Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order."

Well here is another one down and 2 to go yet.

Thank you for submitting your order for Windows Vista Business 32-bit DVD OEM.
Your order has been shipped. You should receive your order within 3 weeks. If you do not receive your order, please contact us via email [email protected] by May 1, 2007, for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may research your request and ship your order.

After sending them an email as to why my order is now Order received after POP/COA Validated, i got an email back saying....

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program. Please redo your order ASAP. Thank you and sorry for your troubles. Regards, Upgrade Redemption Center

I rang them instead and they said that it might be a fault with them as i had sent everything they needed ( i bought MSE 2005 UPGRADE from dabs.com to get the free Vista Voucher).

They said to wait till Monday 26th Feb to call them back to find out what the problem is or was.
I just feel it in my Water that it isn't coming now after all this wait and cost.
My own bloody fault for jumping on the bandwagen i suppose.:mad:

I got the Your Validation is complete E-mail TWICE today, says I should get it in 4-6 weeks. 2/23/07:D Thinking about all this, I remembered that they lost thier major input line to a storm a while back. MAYBE they lost a ton of data at the same time?? The site was down for almost a whole week back then. At this point, a scanned copy of your POP might just be the CYA you need.

After sending them an email as to why my order is now Order received after POP/COA Validated, i got an email back saying....

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program. Please redo your order ASAP. Thank you and sorry for your troubles. Regards, Upgrade Redemption Center

I rang them instead and they said that it might be a fault with them as i had sent everything they needed ( i bought MSE 2005 UPGRADE from dabs.com to get the free Vista Voucher).

They said to wait till Monday 26th Feb to call them back to find out what the problem is or was.
I just feel it in my Water that it isn't coming now after all this wait and cost.
My own bloody fault for jumping on the bandwagen i suppose.:mad:
You might want to E-mail a scanned copy of your POP with the CONFIRM # on it With POP validation in the subject line. . That's what worked for me

=)

YAY:

"Thank you for submitting your Windows Vista Business 32-bit CD/DVD OEM. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive your order within 4-6 weeks and receive email confirmation when your order is shipped. At any time you may also go to https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/hp or email us at [email protected] to check on your order.
If you do not receive your order within the time frame specified, please notify us prior to May 1, 2007 for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may investigate and ship your order. After those dates we may not be able to process your request."

=)

YAY:

"Thank you for submitting your Windows Vista Business 32-bit CD/DVD OEM. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive your order within 4-6 weeks and receive email confirmation when your order is shipped. At any time you may also go to https://upgradeweb.moduslink.com/vista/hp or email us at [email protected] to check on your order.
If you do not receive your order within the time frame specified, please notify us prior to May 1, 2007 for English language versions of the product and June 1, 2007, for non-English language versions of the product so that we may investigate and ship your order. After those dates we may not be able to process your request."

Ditto! Just got this today.

You might want to E-mail a scanned copy of your POP with the CONFIRM # on it With POP validation in the subject line. . That's what worked for me

I did send them that very thing and got this reply...

Dear Customer, Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your Microsoft® Product. We have received a copy of your proof of purchase. We will email you a confirmation when the validation process is complete. Regards, Upgrade Redemption Center.

Remember i could only send them a copy of the receipt of the MCE2005 Upgrade copy i bought on dabs.com that came with a Vista upgrade Voucher.

And my previous order had been POP/COA Validated.

I am chancing my arm as to weather i get Vista or not.
Did anyone else just buy XP or MCE2005 just for the Vista Voucher and received their copy of Vista and if they did, where did i go wrong?

I did send them that very thing and got this reply...

Dear Customer, Thank you for submitting your order to upgrade your Microsoft® Product. We have received a copy of your proof of purchase. We will email you a confirmation when the validation process is complete. Regards, Upgrade Redemption Center.

Remember i could only send them a copy of the receipt of the MCE2005 Upgrade copy i bought on dabs.com that came with a Vista upgrade Voucher.

And my previous order had been POP/COA Validated.

I am chancing my arm as to weather i get Vista or not.
Did anyone else just buy XP or MCE2005 just for the Vista Voucher and received their copy of Vista and if they did, where did i go wrong?
You should get an e-mail within 5 days of the first one,saying your order is confirmed.

I'm POP/COA validated now too after emailing the newegg invoice to them last week, I guess all the faxes (or at least mine) from Jan were 'lost'. Now to actually want to install vista, from what I've been hearing I'll stick with XP, lol.

http://www.windowsxlive.net/
I'm POP/COA validated now too after emailing the newegg invoice to them last week, I guess all the faxes (or at least mine) from Jan were 'lost'. Now to actually want to install vista, from what I've been hearing I'll stick with XP, lol.

I'm beginning to think the same way.
I think Vista wasn't finished when released, it was rushed, but reading all the forums on Vista now is not the time to invest in it.

There is nothing wrong with XP,MCE2005,XP PRO, it works great if your bored with the look SKIN IT.

http://www.windowsxlive.net

It gives you the look of VISTA without the bloody hassle of the OS.:D

Back