IDE to AHCI

Pivo504

2[H]4U
I installed windows & forgot to change my Samsung SSD from iDE to AHCI in bios. I followed the registry steps to change values to 0 then change the IDE to AHCI in bios but whenever I go to samsung Magician software it says under system information AHCI deactivated? Why does it say deactivated if I followed all the steps to activate it, can anyone help with this issue?

I have 2 different sata 6 controllers on my mobo.
Plugged in one, the magician software always said it didnt see the sata info and ahci wasnt on even if it was.
Plugged in the ports controlled by the other controller and it's all good.

Jeez, that ssd is quick.

You probably have to install Windows again to get AHCI. I did it that way before and it only lasted for a couple weeks. For some reason, it switched back to IDE and that method did not work for me again.

Ok well I installed windows again & before I installed windows I made sure BIOS had AHCI enabled. Now after windows install I go into samsung magician & it still says that AHCI is deactivated....wth?

Thanks for the help!! Kryogen advice fixed it, wish I would have made a thread earlier I reinstalled windows twice...samsung mag working great and the ssd seems a bit faster

Back