Ick nicehash down

Interesting. I've been using the zpool gui miner and seeing skein a lot. Will see what disabling it does.

This mornings numbers for undervolted for a 1080TI (this is an 8 card 1080TI rig):
upload_2018-1-18_7-45-53.png

Last edited:
This mornings numbers for undervolted for 1080TI:
View attachment 50494

based on your screenshot i'm assuming you are setup to hop between all of those pools based on which one is more profitable, if my assumption is correct have you found that hopping those pools has been more or less profitable for you? I only have a 5 GPU system that i've had going for about 2 months so far. right now i'm using awesome miner and have been mining to MPH and auto converting everything to ETH, which has been getting me about .02 ETH per day. i'm tempted to add in those other pools to awesome miner since their projected profit per day is always higher than MPH. my concerns are the transaction fees of BTC along with the minimum payouts needed fore those other pools to payout, with switching between them it would take me longer overall to reach the minimum payout which may or may not have a negative effect.

basically i'm asking based on your experience if switching between multiple pools is worth it or if i should just stick with one?

thanks!

mnewxcv.
These settings have worked on every 1080TI I've tried (16 of them) - Some can go higher, but not much higher at that power target, but all seem to do these undervolt + overclock settings using MSI Afterburner on your 1080TI

Put your power target between at 65%
Put your core Mhz about 1620-1640 ish
Put your memory at +585mhz

Fan speed may have to be manually set to keep your temps at 75* C or less if you are using a reference blower cooler - even if you set the temperature limit to say 70* on the afterburner slider. I set my 1080TI reference card fans to 66%. If the temperature gets too high the card will throttle core speeds, and hash rates go down.

IronMan_74

Pick two or three pools, otherwise it take too long to get to the minimums. You are correct on what I'm doing, but I don't have the answer on whether it's routeinly more profitable or not because I just started doing it in the last month, and I'm still fighting occasional stability issues, and mining profits haven't been steady enough day to day to even figure it out with my casual mannerisms. If crypto is doing well nicehash seems about as profitable as any of them - or even higher for some reason, but when you experience a tough day like yesterday - AwesomeMiner and a pool can make for better profits. There are too many moving variables for me to have a good handle on it yet.

Right now I've only selected ahashpool, mph, and nicehash. I've used zpool, and hashrefinery in the past from the awesomeminer options. I like MPH, because I can mine to a specific coin, I enabled ahashpool because for whatever reason, they seem to at least show the highest payouts lately. Whether or not they are legit or not - I don't know. I just started mining with them a day or two ago.

Since I'm still trying to get a feel for all this, I have nicehash running on two rigs, and awesome miner running on two rigs. Not that it helps me because all four rigs have different amounts of cards. (2 1080TI, 12 1060, 6 1080TI, 8 1080TI)

Archaea

I have 2 identical rigs with 9x 1080Ti's each. As an experiment, perhaps I could let one loose on Awesome Miner on mph, and create a new NiceHash account for the other one, and let them go head to head for a while to see which one does better? I'm very new to Awesome Miner, so it would probably take me some time to get everything worked out on that rig. My main Awesome Miner install is on a workstation that doesn't mine (just monitor all rigs), so I would be installing the client on the 9x1080Ti rig and get the 2 talking together. Might be worth the trouble?

IronMan_74

Pick two or three pools, otherwise it take too long to get to the minimums. You are correct on what I'm doing, but I don't have the answer on whether it's routeinly more profitable or not because I just started doing it in the last month, and I'm still fighting occasional stability issues, and mining profits haven't been steady enough day to day to even figure it out with my casual mannerisms. If crypto is doing well nicehash seems about as profitable as any of them - or even higher for some reason, but when you experience a tough day like yesterday - AwesomeMiner and a pool can make for better profits. There are too many moving variables for me to have a good handle on it yet.

Right now I've only selected ahashpool, mph, and nicehash. I've used zpool, and hashrefinery in the past from the awesomeminer options. I like MPH, because I can mine to a specific coin, I enabled ahashpool because for whatever reason, they seem to at least show the highest payouts lately. Whether or not they are legit or not - I don't know. I just started mining with them a day or two ago.

Since I'm still trying to get a feel for all this, I have nicehash running on two rigs, and awesome miner running on two rigs. Not that it helps me because all four rigs have different amounts of cards. (2 1080TI, 12 1060, 6 1080TI, 8 1080TI)

thanks for the reply! i decided to go ahead and add ahashpool in along side MPH. i'll let it run for a week or so and see how it does. if nothing else i'll add some more BTC to my holdings and just miss a weeks payout of ETH to USD :) right now its showing ZCL on MPH as bringing in $25/day on my 4 nvidia cards and ahashpool on blake2s at $35/day on the same 4 cards. hopefully ahashpool has segwit support as thats the BTC address i put in to pay out too O_O

what did you set your awesome miner profit switch time to be? i was using 60 minutes with MPH but in refreshing the online services tab in AM ahashpool seems to have wild swings very frequently.....

Archaea

I have 2 identical rigs with 9x 1080Ti's each. As an experiment, perhaps I could let one loose on Awesome Miner on mph, and create a new NiceHash account for the other one, and let them go head to head for a while to see which one does better? I'm very new to Awesome Miner, so it would probably take me some time to get everything worked out on that rig. My main Awesome Miner install is on a workstation that doesn't mine (just monitor all rigs), so I would be installing the client on the 9x1080Ti rig and get the 2 talking together. Might be worth the trouble?
yes - It would be interesting...

The only caveat is it's really comparing nice hash pool profitability vs. whatever pool you point to with awesome miner. And it becomes very complicated to figure out how all those pools profits are comparing over a short period of time because of autoexchange timeframes and minimum payout thresholds.

But yeah - if one did that type of experiment for something like a week, and say selected three pools with awesome miner to auto choose from for profits and then compared the profits at the endof the week between nicehash and awesome miner with say (MPH, ahashpool, and zpool)

IronMan_74

I'm not sure I know what I'm doing, but I use 30 minutes or 10% as my threshold to switch. Switching too often seems to lead to instability.

Along the way - I've disabled some of the really volatile profit coins. If I happen upon the machine and see it's making $6 a day with 8, 1080TI then I'll disable that algorithm. That's nonsense, and I dont' need to be mining it for 20 minutes way down low because it happened to be super high for 3 minutes when my 30 minute check rolled around.

IronMan_74

I'm not sure I know what I'm doing, but I use 30 minutes or 10% as my threshold to switch. Switching too often seems to lead to instability.

Along the way - I've disabled some of the really volatile profit coins. If I happen upon the machine and see it's making $6 a day with 8, 1080TI then I'll disable that algorithm. That's nonsense, and I dont' need to be mining it for 20 minutes way down low because it happened to be super high for 3 minutes when my 30 minute check rolled around.

yeah i was noticing that too, there was one algo that was at $40/day for my cards and within 5 minutes it had dropped to $4/day and then back up to $27/day...... thats a little ridiculous.... too bad its so hard to compare one pool to another since things are always changing.

Here's the kind of stuff I don't understand yet with mining on AwesomMiner. Why are profits so much higher on the 8 card machine? The profit predictions don't line up with the HashRates. It's not some blip. It's been doing this the last 2 hours. I even rebooted and it came back the same type of non linear spread... (it's not always the 8 card machine ahead --- it's just that the profits are rarely linear to the hash rates). Undervolt overclock settings are reasonably similar on the rigs -- not identical - but reasonably similar.

8 - 1080TI - 40GH/s --- making nearly $100 per day.
upload_2018-1-18_19-46-8.png

6 - 1080 TI - 32GH/s --- making nearly $50 per day. (25% less hash rate should be $75 --- not $50.)
upload_2018-1-18_19-46-45.png

pclausen,
How can you do any type of comparison with nonsense like that?

Last edited:
the issue is when awesominer samples the profit rate from the pool. when the rate varies a lot you get stuff like that. how long did those rates last? one minute or hours? if it's minutes then one rig may have sampled the rate on its way up and the other rig sampled the rate on its way down.

edit the hashrates are roughly equivalent to number of 1080ti cards. so doesn't seem to be the issue to me.

here are my 2 cards, stats and GPUZ.

Attachments

• gig gpuz.png
    gig gpuz.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 16
  • gigbench.png
    gigbench.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 16
  • msi gpuz.png
    msi gpuz.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 14
  • msibench.png
    msibench.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 14
i ended up moving back to MPH for now, i decided i need to stop messing around and get my hardware paid off and then i can play with different options :) i had my 4 nvidia cards (2x1080, 1060 6gig, and 970) going to ahashpool for about 9 hours. according to the graph on their page i was getting about 5k sats per hour. at current BTC rates thats about 57 cents per hour. i know its not apples to apples but my eth rate i was getting on MPH for the same cards comes out to about 72 cents per hour.

AwesomeMiner profit prediction is always WAY off. You need to let it run for 24 hours and tally up the results yourself.

It's one thing I don't really like about AwesomeMiner.

I have tagged my 1070 / 1070 Ti's to the NH equihash endpoint and what AM tells me i'm making is pretty close to what i actually get from NH.

My turn to ask a dumb question: 2x 980 ti's hybrids for $700, less $150 I'd get for my 280x able to be paid off in 2-3 months? Power is 0.09 kwh around here, and I'd be able to barely squeeze power-wise into this envelope on my already-established system. So computationally clearing each about $230-250/month, and about $40 in power.

I left ahashpool. I don't think it's as profitable as it lets on.

I had:

12, 1060 (undervolted)
and
14, 1080TI (undervolted)
mining to the ahashpool for 26 hours with full stability.

It said pending and paid total was right at about $90 total for that time.

That's too low. I'd believe I'd be well over $120 with Nicehash for that same timeframe ---- even though Awesome Miner acts like AHashPool is the most profitable pool right, and pegs NH in the middle of the list of pool profitability charts. I'm going back to Nicehash to compare.

Derfnofred I feel the numbers would work out for you. Maxwell-spec cards are still decent performers in the hash/watt category with appropriate tuning.

Personally, i would be hesitant paying that type of price for older gen cards.

Derfnofred I feel the numbers would work out for you. Maxwell-spec cards are still decent performers in the hash/watt category with appropriate tuning.

Thanks, atp. We'll see if the seller gets back or they're already sold. I definitely get your hesitancy, too, which is why I'd want a short ROI (at worst a low-cost graphics upgrade for this back-of-the-enveloper).

Yeah, I wouldn't pay that much for those cards. They're hybrids, which is great for a gaming machine, but it's kind of meh for a mining rig.

Anyone else having trouble with skunk today? I checked a couple of times and it was sitting at 0 on nicehash. Disabled it and everything is mining neoscrypt right now

Anyone else having trouble with skunk today? I checked a couple of times and it was sitting at 0 on nicehash. Disabled it and everything is mining neoscrypt right now
I've noticed it's temporarily hanging my system (or maybe just just the dispaly) when it switches to it.

I have tagged my 1070 / 1070 Ti's to the NH equihash endpoint and what AM tells me i'm making is pretty close to what i actually get from NH.

I'm not following. Was there some confusion about this?

Last edited:
odditory No - you are good.

I posted the SS because i wanted to highlight that in a 'straight-line setup' (hardcoded NH pool endpoint) AM profit prediction does line up when not using the profit switching logic.

Just finished assembling my gpu insert for my rosewill case. Got everything buttoned up and went to install my new rosewill 1500w power supply. Well, turns out it isn't new. Opened the bag of cables and both sata cables are taped together with painters tape that says "BAD". Guess I have to wait a few more days to get a new one.

Is anyone else having issues with the NiceHash dashboard and the Rig Stats section?

When I look at Active Workers, all of my stuff is accounted for as seen here:

NH_active_workers_1_21_18.JPG

But when I look at Rig Stats, about half of them are missing:

NH_rig_stats_1_21_18.JPG

The odd thing is that the ones that do show up changes randomly on a daily basis. I noticed it a while back and was hoping it would sort itself out, but it never did.

Last edited:
Just finished assembling my gpu insert for my rosewill case. Got everything buttoned up and went to install my new rosewill 1500w power supply. Well, turns out it isn't new. Opened the bag of cables and both sata cables are taped together with painters tape that says "BAD". Guess I have to wait a few more days to get a new one.
Why in the world would you risk running a shitty Rosewill PSU? Especially when you need 1500W of power. Get a good Seasonic/Thermaltake/EVGA. Rosewill make cheap shitty generic stuff.

Back