IB Availability...

How many weeks of therapy did you need? :p

yeah I hear you, I've been using nvidia for a while but not out of loyalty, just that's what I happened to get each time for a while. I'm liking either sapphire 79xxs, (the atomics at 1335 are shaping up to be monsters though I wish they added just 2 more mhz :cool:) and even the 7970 sapphire oc has hit a lot of points i like such as quiet yet powerful.

However, the moment a signature sc+ goes live for non price gouging, I'm all over that! I can't really wait too long, so the FTWS/CLASSIFIEDS as nice as they will be, aren't in my choices. The gigabyte windforce 680 also looks good, but not many reviews available yet. The phantom gainsworth would be sweet if I were in Europe. Also after last night's announcement, I would love to get a 690 as long as it's not price gouged either (notice a trend here? Spoiler Alert- I DONT LIKE PRICE GOUGING lol)

don't want to start any unneeded reprecussions, but Tbh, nvidia drivers for me personally, have been a nightmare and that may not be entirely nvidias fault, but just the setup I'm running/bad luck. Though, I have lost quite a few sc2 matches/league of legend games, even have died in hc d2 once to bsods/freezes. :mad:

Each driver for me has run 0-2 games stable, but crash/bsod in most others, so I guess that announcement of nvidia cloud drivers is exciting IF it works and still allows the user flexibility and control.

Everyone has different experiences and it shapes the way they lean towards certain things. No problem in that!

I was waiting for a 4Gb too, then I realized I'm not doing multi-monitors until haswell+ (or 3d for that matter), and I'm under the impression that even if I get an IPS, I'd still be fine with a 2gb 680. My only small concern is if I get obsessesd with mods in skyrim (can hit that ceiling quick if you run a ton) and maybe bf3 in certain situations.

Anyway back to the main topic. I might go and order on Amazon now that they are $350 just like NE, as they are more inclined to refund if there are price reductions from what I've seen.

What nvidia GPUs you been using lately? I know the GTX 560s had serious problems in particular with drivers that nvidia dropped the ball on. Friends of mine running 550s, 570s, and 480s didn't have the issues I've seen several 560s have (which you'll find plenty of people echoing sentiments about the 560 issues on nvidia's forums). And yeah, agreed. We all have experiences that shape our preferences. I had some bad ones with ATi/AMD GPUs.

My thing is I'd like to buy a GPU that is in it for the long haul. 2gb is fine for now, but I doubt it will be 1 or 2 years from now.

yeah future proofing is the way to go unless you're very tight on budget now and foresee you won't be as much later on. Remember though, if you're into evgas, the stepping up really comes in handy, for example; get a 2gb now, and then get a 780 which i'm sure will be fine for 1+ year from then, heh.
And then to a lesser profit extent, of course, there's selling, using funds to buy a new, or handing down to a family member/close friend if you're feeling charitable. :D

Once ps4 and nextbox finally come out and incentivize Bethesda to make a SICK engine, can you imagine how much memory will be needed for mods? I'm sure we won't see that for a while (gap between oblivion, morrowind, skyrim, etc., considering next gen console releasing as well, one would be inclined to not expect it until well into 2013 at the earliest, and more likely 2014)

The worry I have, which is also leading back to the main topic, is 1155 will be end of line so there goes mobo future proofing if you want Haswell+. I'm predicting upgrading my cpu "before" my gpu, and I haven't even bought my new cpu yet LOL. That's disheartening..

The price at Microcenter is $289 in stock

And this is *still* merely $10 more than the Sandy Bridge i7-2600K (now $279.99).

i5-2500K and i5-3570K have that same $10 spacing.

Same motherboard bundleage applies, too.

Also, the *limit 1* has been banished (all SB and IB K-series).

Unless you're looking for extreme overclocks (and I'm not), Ivy Bridge is still a win.

As I said before - hooray for launch-pricing sanity!

I am able to order from Microcenter the i5-3570K for $189.99 + tax + shipping online.
I am located in chicago, so I need to pay tax. For those that don't have microcenter in your state, I think you only need to pay $195.98 for it. Much better deal than NewEgg/Amazon

Edit: $5.99 shipping (just CPU), $6.98 shipping w/ mobo ($50 off deal applies)

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 Processor
SKU: 425470
Subtotal $189.99
Shipping $5.99
Tax $17.57
Grand Total $213.55

Last edited:
Just placed the order for a local pick up. Should be ready at 11 AM opening time. Also added a 240GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD to the order. Should be a quick system now.:)

It would appear that for the moment you can order the 3570k+$50 discount mobo combos from the Micro Center web store and have them shipped. Some of you Micro Center-less people might want to give it a shot.

3770K + Sabertooth Ordered. I figured Since I am already Saving $50+ on Release Day Pricing might as well go big or go home as I want this to last 3-5 Years. (You know hand me down etc)

I also just bought the 3570k from microcenter online for a total of 211.

Damn, I must be rich compared to most of you guys. A $20 price difference between resellers is just not something I would waste time quibbling over. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks at a reseller that has all the parts I want for my build in stock, and provides a no-hassle return policy over ordering from a bunch of different places with spotty customer service records.

Last edited:
Anybody get thier MC Order confirmation yet? I put in a store pick-up for a 3770K early this morning and have yet to see the 'Your Order is ready For Pick-Up ' emai..

Just bit on a 3570k from micro center for 198.00 including shipping,
Has anyone ever had any issues with their shipping? I live in oregon so nothing close was thinking of fry's but there price looks like 250 and its a long drive and I might not even get one if they run out of stock.

It would appear that the microcenter online deal is no longer valid. I was attempting to get the 3570k for 189.99 but I had to create a profile before placing my order. In the 5 minutes it took me to create a profile, I went back and tried to add the item to my cart, and when I do that, the website says "Removed items that are inactive or no longer valid".

Also on the MC website, it clearly says that these prices are for in-store only. So I believe they made a mistake and most likely will not fulfill those orders. But maybe you guys will get lucky and I will be jealous. :mad:

Damnit, I should have waited until the morning. $289 for online from microcenter.. now I feel like an impatient moron.

I just got back from Microcenter in Rockville, MD to pick up an i7 3770K and I mean to tell you THERE WAS NOBODY THERE, NO LINE, NO IVY PANDAMONIUM, NO LINE TO CHECK OUT.
I wonder if other's experienced similar. Myself I could take it or leave it, I'm already happily running a 2011 rig, just got the 3700K to.....well I don't know why I got it !!!

Damnit, I should have waited until the morning. $289 for online from microcenter.. now I feel like an impatient moron.

Well, if you ordered online for shipping, odds are your order would be canceled.

I drove by and picked up my two items. Probably less then 20 people waiting to enter the store, wasn't packed at all. Went straight to the Pick Up counter and got my two items and came back home. Playing with them now. Installing Win 7 on the 240GB SSD. It's fast!

Just went by Fry's in phoenix, AZ and picked up a 3770K for $339.99. :) They had two 3770K's left at 10:30am PT. A bit expensive maybe, but they had it and my build was ready to have a CPU today! Just installed, booted and all is good.

Damn, I must be rich compared to most of you guys. A $20 price difference between resellers is just not something I would waste time quibbling over. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks at a reseller that has all the parts I want for my build in stock, and provides a no-hassle return policy over ordering from a bunch of different places with spotty customer service records.
It's not a $20 difference for me. Its nearly $270 after tax from Newegg and $190 after $20 MIR from TigerDirect. I'd say that's a fairly big price difference.

It's not a $20 difference for me. Its nearly $270 after tax from Newegg and $190 after $20 MIR from TigerDirect. I'd say that's a fairly big price difference.

Potentially $180 with Via promo and maw, TD might suck at some things, but their return policy is fine.

I just got back from Microcenter in Rockville, MD to pick up an i7 3770K and I mean to tell you THERE WAS NOBODY THERE, NO LINE, NO IVY PANDAMONIUM, NO LINE TO CHECK OUT.
I wonder if other's experienced similar. Myself I could take it or leave it, I'm already happily running a 2011 rig, just got the 3700K to.....well I don't know why I got it !!!

As I've been telling folks for the last week - Ivy Bridge is *not* a CPU for side-graders; IB is a CPU for those that haven't (for one reason or another) left LGA775 or even earlier.

In other words, Ivy Bridge is the CPU for *the rest of us*.

(As far as Rockville's crowds, they will actually be MORE crowded on Monday - with the Feds (NIH, FDA and DOE) and the contractors (from all three - especially FDA on Fishers Lane) compared to today. Fairfax sees a similar infusion (from the Feds at NRO/CIA/NGIA, not to mention their contractors, County and City of Fairfax, and the City of Falls Church). Good thing when I DO go, I'll likely be there when they open.)

Picked up my 3770k from Frys, installed fired it up, installed Win 7 and now I'm in the process of downloading/installing my programs and games. Well on my way to being "whole" again. I'll be making good use of my 30mb pipe today. Gonna keep everything stock for a few days, gotta get acquainted with UEFI bios.

Time to update the sig!

Yes I just got back from there too. They had plenty in stock. Running the same chip now. Seems great. No problems. PCI-E 3.0+faster vid encoding, etc!! Just for the sake of it. Well, textures should load super fast. :) Running q95 to burn in the fresh thermal grease. How long do we run it? 12hrs to get best results from new grease?

Potentially $180 with Via promo and maw, TD might suck at some things, but their return policy is fine.
True, but I paid an extra $10 for 2nd Day Air because I have everything else and I'm impatient. :D

Just went by Fry's in phoenix, AZ and picked up a 3770K for $339.99. :) They had two 3770K's left at 10:30am PT. A bit expensive maybe, but they had it and my build was ready to have a CPU today! Just installed, booted and all is good.

If you're talking the Tempe location, they had 10 in stock when I got the first one at 9:02 AM. So they are probably sold out by now.

microcenter lists them as in stock online for me, but it's removed once i add it to my cart. 10+ in stock is shown, so are they available in store only, or are they gone?

microcenter lists them as in stock online for me, but it's removed once i add it to my cart. 10+ in stock is shown, so are they available in store only, or are they gone?

In-store only (as is normally the case - CPUs are their biggest loss-leader); what's kinda frustrating is that I usually use the shopping cart as a shopping list; I'll flesh out the list via the cart, print it, call ahead the day before to check availability, then pick up bright-eyed/bushy-tailed next day in-store. Right now, that's impossible to do (and they did this briefly with Sandy as well).

Grrrr!

I picked up a 3770K from my Houston Microcenter for $289 + tax :)

In-store only (as is normally the case - CPUs are their biggest loss-leader); what's kinda frustrating is that I usually use the shopping cart as a shopping list; I'll flesh out the list via the cart, print it, call ahead the day before to check availability, then pick up bright-eyed/bushy-tailed next day in-store. Right now, that's impossible to do (and they did this briefly with Sandy as well).

Grrrr!

Frys was about to price match MC for me until they went through the check-out process and it didn't work :(

Back