IB Availability...

Given the choice though I'd rather pay the same price and get a rebate...even if it does take 7 months.

No sight of it yet at MC's. I'm gonna drive there in the morning and check it out. Hope the site starts showing it before 10 AM.

$50 off when 3570K and MB pricing is pretty awesome 189 and 289. Now do I get a 3770K or a 3570K and get the extra $50 off.... I am only gaming with it but a 3770K prob be better binned.

mUI9M.png

$189 for a 3570k isn't bad. Less than I thought it'd be on first day

I think I am gonna have to do the 3570K Its like a $150 swing since save $50 on the board too.... I am on Liquid and only gaming will I see any big difference really? HT isn't really used by games right now and the future in 3 years think its gonna happen? I mean I'll ask when I get there I guess but still I dunno.

opening day price gouging from Newegg. The 1,000 unit cost is $4 cheaper than the 2600k was yet according to camelegg Newegg is charging $20 more for the new chip than was charged for the Sandy Bridge one.

opening day price gouging from Newegg. The 1,000 unit cost is $4 cheaper than the 2600k was yet according to camelegg Newegg is charging $20 more for the new chip than was charged for the Sandy Bridge one.

And $90 more than Microcenter.

Ugh. Do I go IB or hold off. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Are they available on the 29th (MC's)? Or is it gonna be just a little bit longer?

Are they available on the 29th (MC's)? Or is it gonna be just a little bit longer?

They did not say anything specific in the email. The only clue is that prices good from 4/29/12 to 5/01/12. Which makes it reasonable to assume it will be available.

I basically have a credit of $180 toward anything, so I think I'm gonna add $110 to it (plus tax) and get a 3770K.

And $90 more than Microcenter.

Microcenter uses cpus as a lost leader and besides, some of us have a 1200+ mile round trip to the nearest Microcenter so it is not exactly a proper comparison to Newegg/Tiger/Amazon

but the extra gouging from the main stores is yet another reason for me to stick with my i7-950 for a while longer

Got an email from MC saying 3rd Gen CPUs are available, but when I clicked on the link, it said the item is no longer available...blah blah blah. Was gonna do a Ready in 18 Minutes check out so one is waiting for me when I get there. It seems their system isn't up to handle any order just yet.

If it's about an hour drive for me to go to Micro Center, should I just go and get it from there? Maybe a ASRock Z77 Professional and an i5-3570K for less than what I was expecting to pay? Or do you think they would be out of stock when I got there?

You know what, I'm going to get up in the morning, reserve the parts, drive an hour or so and pick them up before the Flyers game at 3PM.

Microcenter uses cpus as a lost leader and besides, some of us have a 1200+ mile round trip to the nearest Microcenter so it is not exactly a proper comparison to Newegg/Tiger/Amazon

but the extra gouging from the main stores is yet another reason for me to stick with my i7-950 for a while longer

For $90 I'd pay someone here to go pick one up for me. You could pay for shipping, give them $20 for their trouble, and still come out way ahead.

Microcenter total cost (at least in Illinois) would be about $315 for a 3700K today when you include tax.

Then you have to add in fuel costs, plus toll roads, all of a sudden the $35 in savings you would have start to not look so enticing.

Also, the regular non-K version goes for $320 on Newegg so this might be the $314 in quantity models reviewers were talking about. Kind of crappy since they reviewed the K model but gave pricing for the non-K.

Still worth the extra $30 dollars to have unlocked processor.

You know what, I give up. I'm just gonna buy a 2500K and get the big bad GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB and wait another three years before upgrading again.

Amazon is 266.41 and 382.97 as of now
Directly from them, not third party.

Lol, I'm speechless... Wow.

Incorrect. When you search the items they are shown at that price for some reason, but if you click on the 3770k or 3570k on Amazon's website you will see that they are for sale for $349.99 and $249.99. Also, remember that Amazon does not charge tax so that is the price you will pay whereas with Newegg you would be charged sales tax which means you will be paying ~$380 in total.

Anyway, I got my 3770k from Amazon for $299.99 this morning all-in with free shipping since I had a $50 gift card so I made out better than going to Microcenter, Newegg or Frys.

Incorrect. When you search the items they are shown at that price for some reason, but if you click on the 3770k or 3570k on Amazon's website you will see that they are for sale for $349.99 and $249.99. Also, remember that Amazon does not charge tax so that is the price you will pay whereas with Newegg you would be charged sales tax which means you will be paying ~$380 in total.

Anyway, I got my 3770k from Amazon for $299.99 this morning all-in with free shipping since I had a $50 gift card so I made out better than going to Microcenter, Newegg or Frys.
It's not incorrect, I carefully said as of now, meaning at the time of my post almost two hours ago. sure they price matched new egg by now; prices have fluctuate in the first hours of being live. I had it in my amazon cart and they "were" that expensive at first.

It's not incorrect, I carefully said as of now, meaning at the time of my post almost two hours ago. sure they price matched new egg by now; prices have fluctuate in the first hours of being live. I had it in my amazon cart and they "were" that expensive at first.

Fair enough.

I mean, you were right in updating me (my internet is cutting out trying to dl gw2 beta so couldn't update) so thank you. Though, for anyone who is interested in the travesty that was the short lived one hour insane price gouging, there you have it lol. I wonder how many bought it right away? At least Amazon usually is good on their refunding so I've heard.

R.I.P disgusting price gouging, we hardly knew ye.

Should I just go to sleep and order sometime in the afternoon, just to see if the prices go down?

If you absolutely do not need a cpu by the end of this week, yes I would go to sleep, and wait a little bit. On the other hand, others have stated in the microcenter thread in hot deals that they are sold out in stores everywhere according the the site. Could mean nothing as they would get more shipments, or that they are just playing it safe.

So wait if you can live with the small chance you won't get one this week, or start planning your MC trip now and roll the dice. (it's not really fun driving long distances after a long night, that should factor in your decision i think :eek: )

I do need a new comp by the weekend of the 4th, because that is when my brother is coming to get his parts (he paid me in advance to help me get these parts).

ah, well if your brother really needs it, yeah I would head on down. if you're healthy and still alert and don't mind a little more stress. GL, hope you snag one

Eh hell with it. Just ordered the 3770K on newegg for $349.99. Maybe I could have waited, but I'm so done with this Athlon II setup. Once it shows up my build is alive, all it will need to be completed is a new GPU.

Haha, grats. Yeah I'm running an old laptop with a p8400 and a 9800m gts. I "could" run diablo 3 on it, but I don't want to! I would like peace of mind that I have a nice system long before May 14th, and am willing to pay $350 even though I thought it'd be more like $319.
More relevent, my skyrim CE, crysis 2, BF3, Witcher 2, etc.etc. have been waiting to be played played properly for quite a while...

Tbh the amazon price gouging initially disgusted me, but now that it matched egg, and I got done metaphorically throwing up, I think I'll just go for $350 too. I sincerly doubt it'll go directly down by much if at all soon (rebates may play a factor, but so far only TD has shown them and ... i'd rather shoot myself in the tooth than buy something at TD, no offense if you like 'em) and at least you can save $10-20 by the new bundles that went up on newegg
(though I'm afraid if I have to RMA something I have to send both, and any following hassle; any thoughts on bundle or no bundle being better?)

Refracture, what gpus are you interested in, out of curiosity? And what are you currently running if you mind me asking? I ask because Most people are doing modest upgrades, but looks like we are going to plow through a brick wall of awesomeness with our potential leaps.

Last edited:
Skyrim and Witcher 2 I refused to play. I've had them for some time now, but I want to do them justice. I'll be too busy playing Skyrim and Witcher 2 to bother with Diablo III for sometime.. I'll get to it though.

I've never bought anything from TD so no comment, and I don't know if 'egg would force you to RMA everything in a bundle. Their RMA policies probably mention that. I personally have never bought a bundle, the closest I've done to that is be given free stuff that gets packed in. (I got a free monster HDMI cable when I bought my Noctua NH-D14.. don't have much use for it, and just the brand name makes me want to throw up metaphorically, haha).

Edit: Currently running an old eVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB that I got back in 2008 or so. I lean heavily towards Nvidia, but right now I don't know if I want to pull the trigger on a 680 GTX 2gb, wait on a 4gb, or maybe see what the 670/60 offers. (And incase you want to ask about my bias, I just can't stand ATi/AMD GPU drivers. The CCC imo just sucks.)

Last edited:
hahaha nice, yeah I have my sad skyrim ce boxes collecting dust, and I doubt witcher 2 would even get past the menu without my laptop catching fire so I never bothered. I did try BF3 however. Big mistake (since I need 1080p minimum).

Anyway nice on the NH-d14, that's my #1 choice next to a silver arrow, or an archon. And don't worry, I just got a monster hdmi cable too, cause I bought my mom a cooler master hyper 212. I find it's best just to ignore it, maybe hope that the cable is buried in the peanuts, take out your cooler, and throw the box in the attic :cool:

Sadly the box was at the top when I opened it. It was a traumatizing experience. See previous post for answer to your question, I edited it in.

Back