i7 core w/ Freezer 7 pro

try it but dont force anything.. i dont think it should work since every other heatsink for the lga-775 needed a new mounting bracket for the i7..

Interesting, it should not be lining up as the hole pattern for the i7 socket is different but hey, I am not there with the parts in hand. It if truly does line up (sorry but I think you are mistaken unless AC has released some new version I am not aware of and thats possbile if you recently bought it) it should be fine to use.

Might be a stupid question but...Did you get a new mobo (LGA 1366 socket) for the CPU? As you only said you got the new CPU in and nothing about a new mobo, as it should not fit the new socket.

I don't think it will work. The mounting holes are spaced further apart on LGA 1366 mobos.

Might be a stupid question but...Did you get a new mobo (LGA 1366 socket) for the CPU? As you only said you got the new CPU in and nothing about a new mobo, as it should not fit the new socket.

:eek:

Please tell me this doesn't go down that road...

If you want to make it work you will need to modify the bracket. When I purchased mine there was no aftermarket cooling solution yet. I am running a thermalright IFX-14 and had to mod it extensively to make it work. The difference between the 2 is that the i7's holes are about 4mm on the diagonal farther than the 775's.

Back