• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

i7 core w/ Freezer 7 pro

try it but dont force anything.. i dont think it should work since every other heatsink for the lga-775 needed a new mounting bracket for the i7..
 
Interesting, it should not be lining up as the hole pattern for the i7 socket is different but hey, I am not there with the parts in hand. It if truly does line up (sorry but I think you are mistaken unless AC has released some new version I am not aware of and thats possbile if you recently bought it) it should be fine to use.
 
Might be a stupid question but...Did you get a new mobo (LGA 1366 socket) for the CPU? As you only said you got the new CPU in and nothing about a new mobo, as it should not fit the new socket.
 
I don't think it will work. The mounting holes are spaced further apart on LGA 1366 mobos.
 
Might be a stupid question but...Did you get a new mobo (LGA 1366 socket) for the CPU? As you only said you got the new CPU in and nothing about a new mobo, as it should not fit the new socket.



:eek:

Please tell me this doesn't go down that road...
 
If you want to make it work you will need to modify the bracket. When I purchased mine there was no aftermarket cooling solution yet. I am running a thermalright IFX-14 and had to mod it extensively to make it work. The difference between the 2 is that the i7's holes are about 4mm on the diagonal farther than the 775's.
 
Back
Top