I†'s Alive *w/pics*

SHiZNiLTi

Gawd
::UPDATE:: CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW THE SETUP LOOKS AS OF 04/24/06
::UPDATE:: CLICK HERE TO SEE MY NEW 3DMARK03 SCORE

Sup [H]ard | Forum people? These forums are pretty sweet I've used the search many of time here and also from OCforums to help me make choicses on what to get for this build.

SHiZNiLTi's Drift Mix 1.0...

SHiZNiLTi's Sound...

Let me know what you think?

Silverstone TJ06 Case
(2) big ass 7800 GTX's
Silverstone 600watt power supply
AMD 64 3700 San Diego OC'd to 2.8 Ghz (
2GB Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5
(2) 74GB raptors
X-Fi soundcard
AMD SLI Deluxe

closeside29sg.jpg

Here is what 4lbs of video cards look like...
dscn44957az.jpg

The Finished Product shown with the wind tunnel over CPU...
dscn45063dn.jpg

The Front of the Silverstone Case...
dscn4534113xb.jpg

LOL I added a few fans to cool the 7800GTX's that I overclocked hella...
dscn45282qx.jpg

Pic with Glass Side Panel on...
dscn45297ug.jpg

Pic with Side Panel off...
dscn45213zx.jpg

The Setup Lights off...
dscn45275ps.jpg

2300 watt Digital THX sound system powered by Harmon Kardon and JBL with Optical out from Creative's X-Fi Technology, I hear everthing LOL ...
dscn45253ec.jpg

Glass Mouse Pad by www.ICEMAT.com MX510 modified and a fan to prevent sweaty hand during intense gaming sessions :p...
dscn45374md.jpg

MTX Sub's?....
dscn45382vc.jpg

1st 3dmark03 for my (2) 7800GTX 256mb
3dmark037xh.jpg

Cans
Sennheiser HD 595's which have incrediable sound detail and are soo comfortable I don't even feel them on my head.

$90 @ Fry's Electronics Silverstone TJ06 Case

$830 sniped from ebay for (2) big ass 7800 GTX's

$150 @ Fry's E;ectronics for Silverstone 600watt power supply , I may return it though for a different OCZ powersupply.

$235 @ Fry's Electronics for AMD 64 3700 San Diego 1024k OC'd from 2.2 to 2.6 (same core as $1000 FX style chips) Here is the link for it ... Fry's 3700 Price

$140 for 1GB Corsair XMS 2-2-2-5I bought it @ cost when I worked for CompUSA.

$260 @ Fry's Electronics for (2) 74GB raptors setup in RAID 0

$120 @ Fry's Electronics for the X-Fi soundcard

$200 @ Fry's Electronics for the AMD SLI Deluxe

Total Cost to build was $2000

Add me to your xfire

::UPDATE:: CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW THE SETUP LOOKS AS OF 04/24/06
::UPDATE:: CLICK HERE TO SEE MY NEW 3DMARK03 SCORE

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï said:
::for comparison:: A A64 4000($405)( runs @ only 2.4Ghz
nice rig, though this caught my eye. you compare a stock cpu to an oc'ed one? :p :D
not busting your balls, just a general no-no in my book, like the guys with 144's that do 2.8ghz, and proclaim they have fx-57's, when the fx-57 will probably do 3.1-3.3ghz with ease :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
nice rig, though this caught my eye. you compare a stock cpu to an oc'ed one? :p :D
not busting your balls, just a general no-no in my book, like the guys with 144's that do 2.8ghz, and proclaim they have fx-57's, when the fx-57 will probably do 3.1-3.3ghz with ease :p

LOL, I agree with ya 100%, I did it just to display the difference between stock and Overclocked chips, some people that don't understand or have anybackground on overclocking may not know the clock speeds of athlon chips.

Volucris said:
Heh, pretty damn nice.

Thanks Volucris, your rig is pretty sweet too!

What do you have your 3700 oc'd to?

Oh ya I forgot to add my clock speeds on 7800's its 535/1325

Man, your hands were really shaking when you took those photos... You were very excited I suppose?

Nice system man. Congrats :)

I knew just by looking at those parts you bought most of them for Fry's :p.

Hardware on bed?!?! No AS mat?!?! *dies a little inside*
You lucky man...and I don't mean just the fact that you have the hardware...:D

Really nice build, and great cable management! I NV U! :D

I see you have the HD-595! Nice choice, but (like most good cans) they need an amp to shine :)

I woulda waited for the next gen cards but hey if your loaded why not.

Dear lord whats up with the 3 case fans ontop of the gfx's? Style -500

Whoa, you just set that mobo on the bed? You know the bed is where static electricity, like, goes to die, right?

Well, at least you're braver than all of us. OMG, look at those video cards...

Thanks for all of the imput and nice comments guys,

banGerprawN said:
Hardware on bed?!?! No AS mat?!?! *dies a little inside*
You lucky man...and I don't mean just the fact that you have the hardware...:D

You know I've never had anything get "zapped" for about 3 years of building about 200PC's. I worked in a compUSA tech shop just dong easy installs and rebuilds for about 2 years while I was getting my MCSE at HTi to do what I do know which is Network Admin(surf internet), never had anything fail from static ever, lol I guess its just luck:p Have you actually ever heard of someone zapping a card or mobo? I've never seen it happen over 3 yrs time and seeing about 200-400PC's, but u never know it could happen :p This is just talk from experience im not telling ya what is right or isnt ur way the safe way is the right way :p

saturnine2 said:
Really nice build, and great cable management! I NV U! :D
I see you have the HD-595! Nice choice, but (like most good cans) they need an amp to shine :)

Your right X-Fi helps power the HD595's better then any other card I have used but a true amp for the headphones and the updated cabling if available would be amazing, my buddy is in recording industry and he has 600s with cables amps .. its amazing!!

Lord of Shadows said:
Dear lord whats up with the 3 case fans ontop of the gfx's? Style -500

I dont have the fans during normal gaming and use of the pc just when I'm OCing the cards past 540/1385. With clocks at 520/1300 I take all 3 Green/Blue UV reactive fans outta the case to enjoy a nice silent PC while I game using the X-Fi to send an amazing signal to my Harmon Kardon Reciever which powers the JBL 5.1 setup. :p

HAHA I thought someone would say that, hey man its just temporary thing to get that extra OC outta the cards to try to break 30,000 for 3dmark03.

If you would have seen my old setup where I had a 4foot tall 13,000BTU AC unit pushing 48deg f cold air into my card you woulda been like W T F : LOL

LOL Check out my old case ... I called it the HURRICANE because it was loud as hell with a Tornado and a Vantec fan sucking in air from outside during cold winter nights :p

dscn44658vw7uz.jpg

dscn44646sv4uf.jpg

It worked very well
clipboard012qw.jpg

My modded chairmat made of plexigalss ...
plexi4pg.jpg

and my old setup...
dscn44912rz3cp.jpg

The multitasking... it gets a lil outta control ...
mysetup2qs4ei.jpg

Very nice machine. I did a double take at that 3DMark score. :eek:

And when I first looked at the hardware on the bed, I saw the HDDs and thought "Oh no..." then the graphics cards... then the motherboard... I nearly wept. But, it's running, so it's all irrelevant now anyway.

Congrats on that build. :)

Obi_Kwiet said:
You laid two GTX 512's on your bed!? Are you stupid or just rich? :D

They are actually 7800GTX 256mb versions that I got for $415 each.

Whats the deal with the "rich" comments. I was poor as FÔCk from day I was born till age 23 and used all my money for school and ate ramen noodles for 2 years and finally landed a job for 43,000 a year after getting my MCSE and a degree in CNIT so I can buy a nice house and a computer so STFU. Hella direspectfull bro come on now :)

as I said before "
You know I've never had anything get "zapped" for about 3 years of building about 200PC's. I worked in a compUSA tech shop just dong easy installs and rebuilds for about 2 years while I was getting my MCSE at HTi to do what I do know which is Network Admin(surf internet), never had anything fail from static ever, lol I guess its just luck:p Have you actually ever heard of someone zapping a card or mobo? I've never seen it happen over 3 yrs time and seeing about 200-400PC's, but u never know it could happen :p This is just talk from experience im not telling ya what is right or isnt ur way the safe way is the right way :p

ElektronikSeraph said:
Very nice machine. I did a double take at that 3DMark score. :eek:

And when I first looked at the hardware on the bed, I saw the HDDs and thought "Oh no..." then the graphics cards... then the motherboard... I nearly wept. But, it's running, so it's all irrelevant now anyway.

Congrats on that build. :)

LOL to let ya know how poor I was I lived in Sunnyside, Washington right next to you ElektronikSeraph. I was right next to a huge dairy farm middle of the country. If you know sunnyside you know thats pretty low area 75% hispanic in schools I was minority, but its all goog my espanol es mucho beano LOL

Its pretty cool to come from cow shi† to this :p

I have NEVER heard of or seen a piece of hardware get damages from static electricity, especially from a bed.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï, you need a [H] badge on your case because that rig is HARD. But shit you got money to throw around, because I see an Xbox 360 there too :) You must be real serious about gaming. I'm loving the wire management and sleeving. That is a very nicely built computer. Congratulations.

Thanks for the nice comments Shameless Liar, about that 360 that was a quick flip sale on ebay I resold it for $960:p I was gonnaleave it sealed, but I hadda try out COD2 on it, wasnt anything special looked like 1024x768 directx7 no AA. PC graphics and HDR in gmaes is still much more advanced, but hey its a console gotta give em credit for trying.

lol, I like the pics of the a/c setup + temp screen. It works great, but Im sure that you had some explaining to do everytime some one new came over.

nice system dude

But ur 3dmark score aint nothing special these days bacause people break 30g's with a single card and not 2 x 7800GTX's in SLI

Congrats on ur new pc and EnjoY !

Volkswagen said:
nice system dude

But ur 3dmark score aint nothing special these days bacause people break 30g's with a single card and not 2 x 7800GTX's in SLI

Congrats on ur new pc and EnjoY !

ROFL @ Volkswagen 3dmark03 not 3dmark01 :p

Here is the Hall of Fame for Futuremark 3dmark03, and 05...

http://www.futuremark.com/community/halloffame/

If you go to the section where it says 3dmark03 you will notice many people that are using the most xtreme type of overclocking on (2) 7800GTX 512mb cards get 36,000 so Id say 30,000 is pretty good for my 7800GTX's 256mb versions.

Thanks for the compliment though

I would like to see someone pull 30,000 with one card on 3dmark03 :)

oh sory ur 3dmark score pics werent showing up so i was assuming it was 01 :rolleyes:

Man that's a nice setup. lol, seeing all the hardware on the bed did freak me out a bit. I hear most problems with static isn't that it causes immediate failure, but a high voltage shock can stress the components and cause a premature failure later on in time. *shrugs* I haven't had anything fail, either.

I love the case and the different colors. You did an excellent job. :p
And those are some big ass heatsinks on those graphics cards. lol, and I thought my 6800GT was big when I got it.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï said:

representing the mx510 crew! :)

very nice setup, but an MTX banner? please don't tell me you're proud of representing MTX :(

Hell ya r_a_s88 MX510 is my favorite mouse.

About the represting of MTX, I've got (2) 12" MTX 9500 3000 watt subs in the back of my xtreme and man do they pound, I used to be a big JL Audion fan, but MTX has won me back with these beasts...

s8aq.jpg

x0118kf.png

I like it bro. Always had a thing for Silverstone cases. 1 idea, get another one of those fan controllers for the 3.5 bay. Mount 2 or all 3 of those fans in the window panel aimed at your graphics area, and just use the controller for your silent computing sessions. Otherwise, rock on bro, I'm still stuck on Socket A, even though I'm milking everything I can out of it.

GigantoR said:
I like it bro. Always had a thing for Silverstone cases. 1 idea, get another one of those fan controllers for the 3.5 bay. Mount 2 or all 3 of those fans in the window panel aimed at your graphics area, and just use the controller for your silent computing sessions. Otherwise, rock on bro, I'm still stuck on Socket A, even though I'm milking everything I can out of it.

Thats a good idea with mounting a fan on the sidepanel I wish silverstone would have included that feature on the case, but It isn't to hard to do it yourself, I'm just worried about the side panel carcking out while making the cutouts.

What I want to do is not use any of the Green/Blue UV LED 80mm fans on the video card and just mod a 120mm Green/Blue UV LED fan on the side panel to blow directly onto the cards.

Im gonna order (2) of the above 120mm fans, They look amazing with the all the UV tubes I have in the case. I will put one on the sidepanel with the custom cutout for it that I will make and one to replace the Blue LED 120mm fan on the rear of the case, I'm replacing the rear fan because it just doesnt look right in the case, I prefer the looks of the Green/Blue fans with UV LED's like those small 80mm fans I have on the video cards much more then a standard LED fan.

Or I could go all out and mount all (3) of the 80mm fans in a Triangle formation blowing onto the 7800's and then get another fan controller to keep em quite.
Here is the other fan controller I was looking to get, it matches the case perfectly, although it would look cool to get another fan controller like the one I have in there now so it fills up the other 3.5" bay.
llrheobusbk1tlrg4pb.jpg

it changes from red LED at 7 volts to blue LED at 12v

llrheobusbk1t03lrg2om.jpg

Or should I get another one of the 3.5" fan controllers like I currently have?....

it appears as if you know how to host images, so Id suggest you do so and stop swiping other people's bandwidth

AssMan said:
Looks like a great system but why not dual core instead of that sandy?

You know when I 1st started this build I was going kinda on a budget, but that soon flew out the window when I decided to get (2) 7800's, I've allways had my mind set on getting a 3700 and not a dual core, I have talked with 2 guys on my squad about there dual core chips and you know it doesn't sound like its worth the extra money right now.

Can someone tell me a few reason's in spending a extra $100 to get a X2 3800 AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor instead of what I'm running right now.

Back