Portal 2
DCS: A-10 Warthog
Arma 2
Minecraft
Starcraft 2
Team Fortress 2
Bad Company 2
Titan Quest

There are also quite a few mods which will work with complete if you want a pretty Stalker but want to change the gameplay, just go check out moddb or find a thread on the game at SA, they're always good about mod lists in the OP

Fallout: New Vegas provided me with a lot of entertainment. I also replayed System Shock 2 recently with a few graphical updates, the game is still scary as hell and very immersive.

Everquest Project1999
Morrowind Graphical Extender
Oblivion w/ mods
Fallout3 w/ mods
Any Troika games you can find in a bargain bin...

I've spent more time configuring for above games than actual gameplay...but that's more fun for me I guess.

Borderlands, any Stalker game with or without mods, Fallout 3 or New Vegas with mods, Minecraft and The Witcher are all worth a punt if you haven't already.

Bulletstorm has been kind of refreshing...I just finished the story on hard and started running through the Echoes missions.

Risen is a well done, challenging, open world RPG

I have had a good time with the MMO Age of Conan.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

It's damed impressive so far in the 3-4 hours I have played it.

The new Mount&Blade game comes out tomorrow, its pretty cheap and looks awesome

I guess it just decides on the user....

Looks like a lot of random suggestions, but I will throw my .02 in there as well.

I'm currently playing:

Mount & Blade Warband (warming up for the new Mount & Blade)
Metro 2033
BFBC2: Vietnam
Total War Shogun 2

All of them I highly recommend, but it boils down to what you like. You've got lots of awesome titles to choose from in every category including air sim... like DCS Black Shark and the new DCS A-10 Warthog.

Can anyone tell me how great that game is so I can break down and buy it off steam?

let me add to this thread. I'm also looking for a good single player game.
I love immersive gameplay - games that make me forget I'm sitting in a cramped room in front of a laptop.

My favorites are Gothic 2, Cryostasis, Amnesia, Dragon Age, Metro 2033, and FEAR.
I want to try Portal 2, and I probably will, but I want to play something more serious. Any suggestions?

P.S. I've tried bulletstorm and I hated it. It's like a fps version of a hack n slash game like dynasty warriors.

Make sure to do it in the dark with headphones on.

I've been waiting for some decent headphones to go on sale to play that game. I really want to play it so badly, but I want full immersion. Paid $5 for the game so it can wait. :D

Heroes of newerth of leagues of legends or you can wait for dota 2.

I've been waiting for some decent headphones to go on sale to play that game. I really want to play it so badly, but I want full immersion. Paid $5 for the game so it can wait. :D

I didn't even play it with headphones, just some basic logitech speakers. Played with my wife sitting next to me. When she went to bed, I had to stop. :eek:

Back