I’m Back!

HardOCP News

[H] News
I am back from vacation! I had a great time touring the state of Alaska in my 36 year old muscle car and its brand new gas-guzzling big block engine. I did my best to stay up to date on what was happening in the tech world while I was on the road but, as you can imagine, it wasn’t easy. So bear with me while I get my groove back and, as always, if you see something interesting, let me know!

Welcome back, hope you enjoyed the vacation ;)

Steve, you should have come down here to Michigan instead (not that it's a great vacation spot, lol), but we had the dream cruise last weekend!

Ask Iran...they are good with the photo-chopping when it comes to smoke. :D

Actually they're quite bad otherwise we would've never known that it was photoshopped. That amauter copy and paste gig isnt going to cut it in the professional world.

Welcome back Steve! Please never leave us again or at the very least make sure Kyle doesnt peg us with overly gay web links.

On the other hand Steve there is this awesome video with a good looking girl named Justine Kyle posted...very informative and she gave a great review of last week's tech.

wb Steve - nice looking intake manifold on that 502. Very smooth build overall. I <3 painted blocks, especially when they match the body.

Now sleeve those hoses, and maybe get some LED valve cover bolts ;)

Where's your trailer full of gas containers?

I averaged about 250 miles a tank (17 gallon tank) on the highway so I never found myself in a place where I was sweating not being able to get gas. I went from Anchorage to Kenai, over to Seward for a cruise with the local car club, back up through Anchorage to Wasilla, up to Fairbanks, hit the North Pole for the annual cruising with Santa event, headed over to Tok and then back to Anchorage.

Now Steve, start saving for fuel injection, it's time to enter the 21st century. A couple of highflow cats, some custom computer work to implement selective cylinder shutoff on the highway, presto... 25 MPG. :eek::rolleyes::p

i better see you on the new season of deadliest catch

China seems to be better as of late :D :p

QFT

No one would've known if NBC didnt say anything.

China = epic win as of late
Iran = epic fail x2. Fail for failing to launch 2 rockets and fail at photoshopping skills.

You didn't actually run the Alaska Highway in that did you? I did it about 12 years back in a Taurus, actually did the whole NY -> Alaska thing over the course of a week. Construction GALORE but once we got inland things calmed down.

Interesting to just "drive Northwest" and see where it takes you!

Twisting hilly road going into Wasilla (outside Anchorage) were a REAL bear!

Hasta.

502 cubic inch big block chevy with 500 horse power and 550 ft lbs of torque. I get about 5 miles per gallon in town, 15 on the freeway.

EARTH KILLER!! No respect for the environment you...you.....

Ah who the hell am I kidding. I own an SUV and a 1994 Pontiac Firehawk.:D

From here your paint job looks flawless. I love musclecars.

Steve, you just did one of my fantasy road trips. Can't wait to see more photos!

How come you don't have the temp. sending unit hooked up ? Or am I missing something.

Nice roadtrip Steve! I was up there about a month and pretty did the same trip with some friends of mine. We didn't go down the Kenai but went from Anchorage to Tok, then over to Fairbanks then down into Denali National Park. After that we then headed back down to Anchorage. It's a great drive, absolutely beautiful. I'd highly recommenced to anyone.

Steve,

I love your car, but I want to poke you in the eye with a dolphin for those rims.

yeah post more photos on flickr or something!

Seriously, cant you just put this photo's up on facebook or something and add me as a friend? You're slowness to act is starting to make me not miss you as much (no homo).

Seriously, cant you just put this photo's up on facebook or something and add me as a friend? You're slowness to act is starting to make me not miss you as much (no homo).

I will get a bunch of pics thrown up in this thread later today or make a thread in the cars forum, hard to do while I am working (couple thousand pictures snapped on the trip). I need to organize them and filter out the bad ones....seriously, no one wants to see 600 pictures showing this:

http://www.****************************/roadtrip_desolate.jpg

well.....

Heh, I have 500+ pics that had no one on the road but me for MILES and NILES. At one point, it was getting scary...;ike someone pulled the bomb warning and didn't tell me ;)

Actually I like that pic above. I wouldn't go through several hundred of them but a couple thrown in here an there would be cool.

502 cubic inch big block chevy with 500 horse power and 550 ft lbs of torque. I get about 5 miles per gallon in town, 15 on the freeway.
Gas mileage doesn’t matter with a sweet ride like that!! I always love the sound of a nice USA V-8… Maybe a sound file?;)

You should take it down to San Francisco for a day, piss off all the Prius smugs;)

Oh my god that sounds nice and I know the recorder mic didn't do it justice (after seeing the ALMS corvettes at Laguna the last two years I know what a loud V8 is).

Back