I’m Back!

Ahh those shots make me miss Alaska. Hope you got to see some glaciers.
You should try the Alcan if you get a chance, it's a long drive, but pretty fun.
Did it 3x back in my college days.

Now Steve, start saving for fuel injection, it's time to enter the 21st century. A couple of highflow cats, some custom computer work to implement selective cylinder shutoff on the highway, presto... 25 MPG. :eek::rolleyes::p

We are well versed in the arts of fuel injection, custom ECM and laptop use on our big blocks... ;)

http://www.****************************/drags06/8.JPG

http://www.****************************/drags06/6.JPG

Whoa Steve! What's with the race car? Does that every get run at AKRP? (I live in Anchorage, btw). I've seen you driving the 'maro around a few times. Your car looks so sweet in person. I've got a 4th gen Z28.

I want to poke you in the eye with a dolphin for those rims.

You should get "poked in the eye with a dolphin" for saying "rims", because there's nothing wrong with the RIMS on his WHEELS! :p.

Steve, those are the original wheels for that 'maro, aren't they? I can't say they look good on many other vehicles.

Look at the bump mapping on those rocks in the first pic! Better than crysis! What fps were you getting?

when you're in your blast from the past, there is no need to worry about technology.
Have fun driving the car!

i better see you on the new season of deadliest catch

Steve? On Deadliest Catch?? LOL, he'd be trying to clean up the wires on the bridge and overclocking the fish finder and GPS units!!! LOL

Welcome back, Steve!

That looks like it may have been quite the adventure, and doing it in a 36 year old Camaro is gutsy to say the least, although, I've thought about it, and really, what could go wrong? It's not like there's an ECU to crash or any other really high tech gizmos in the car that could fail, right?

Where's your next "Let's See How Much Fuel We Can Use On Vacation" trip going to take you?

On that note, how much fuel did you use???

Also, I'm not sure if this has been answered, but where did you start from? What was your route?

Steve, how many miles did you pull total and how long did it take you to make the trip? Also, show us the car itself and more pics.
If you started a thread already could you give link?

Did you run over any moose?

No, they kept dodging me...I think it is the ORANGE car that sounds like a top fuel dragster that scares them off ;)

See any bears crappin' in the woods? :D

After they heard the car, they were ALL crapping in the woods :D

Awesome engine stats, I bet it makes a lot of noise :D

I am actually going to redo the exhaust in the future so it is nice and quiet...well, as "nice and quiet" as I can get it.

Actually they're quite bad otherwise we would've never known that it was photoshopped. That amauter copy and paste gig isnt going to cut it in the professional world.

Welcome back Steve! Please never leave us again or at the very least make sure Kyle doesnt peg us with overly gay web links.

On the other hand Steve there is this awesome video with a good looking girl named Justine Kyle posted...very informative and she gave a great review of last week's tech.

Heh, she was pretty....not the best public speaker (but then, how many of them are ;) )

i better see you on the new season of deadliest catch

Or on COPS in Alaska....

Welcome Back Steve, from your [H]ard [H]ydrocarbon [H]oliday :p

Nice, I am going to use that....

You didn't actually run the Alaska Highway in that did you?

That car made the ALCAN trip about 13 years ago...

EARTH KILLER!! No respect for the environment you...you......

We all have to do our part.... ;)

How come you don't have the temp. sending unit hooked up ? Or am I missing something.

Because I am a dork and diconnected the wire to wipe down the engine with my Armorall Glass Wipes, forgot to reconnect it for the photo.

Steve,

I love your car, but I want to poke you in the eye with a dolphin for those rims.

I was originally against it too (they are supposed to be gunmetal grey) but it was my wife's idea and almost everyone that sees the car likes them so I kept em' that way.

You should take it down to San Francisco for a day, piss off all the Prius smugs;)

do donuts around an electric car for fun...or let it idle outside while I go in to get Starbucks ;)

I've seen you driving the 'maro around a few times. Your car looks so sweet in person. I've got a 4th gen Z28.

Flag me down, we'll get something to drink...I'll buy.

Now you're cookin with GAS!!!! :eek::rolleyes::p

Thought you' like that ;)

Look at the bump mapping on those rocks in the first pic! Better than crysis! What fps were you getting?

All of them... :D

Where's your next "Let's See How Much Fuel We Can Use On Vacation" trip going to take you?

On that note, how much fuel did you use???

All of it...I think ;)

Steve, how many miles did you pull total and how long did it take you to make the trip?

About 1600 all total this trip.

http://www.****************************/roadtrip_map.gif

wb steve.

We had one rainy ass summer here in Fairbanks. Next time hit me up and we can go catch some Silvers on the Kenai. :D

wb steve.

We had one rainy ass summer here in Fairbanks. Next time hit me up and we can go catch some Silvers on the Kenai. :D

I was just telling Kyle about what a shitty summer it has been :(

at least I am not the only [H] person suffering from bad weather all summer. :)

I think next year I am going to put together a bigger road trip and hit as many states as I can. If I do, I want to set up stops on a map and keep everyone posted so we can meet up as we cross the country.

Might have to break that into two parts though, hit the northern states in the summer and the southern in the winter ;)

huh, i was actually expecting to see a crate ZZ502 rather then the edelbrock.

the sad part about all this is, my 69 small block 4spd vette gets about 10mpg city, 13-14mpg highway, and thats half the motor this is. just a little 350ci/300hp/380tq.

now if some one went with a 6spd, fuel injection, and a diferent rear end... both of our milages would go up quite a ways. (and i wouldnt be turning 2800rpms at 65mph in 4th)

You're in Alaska? I didn't know that was your home, I thought you were in the lower 48!

As for bad weather...(slightly off topic), Toronto has had the rainiest summer on record.
http://www.thestar.com/article/466411

And let me tell you, it feels like I've missed most of it due to travel!! LOL

I used to live up that way, well, sort of, I lived on the Queen Charlotte Islands, it's some of the most beautiful country in the world...I've actually been Hyderized!!

Steve;

Nice to see you get out and Drive! I plan on long road trip next year myself. Spokane to Harrisburg PA in get this. Honda S2000. The trip I look forward to, the car not. Too small. At least we can get pretty good MPG, but no sounds like you ride. (27Mpg on Interstate 80-110).

Put an best 50 pics web page together. Should be neat to look at! Thanks for Sharing

SteveD
aka Dataman

how was living right next door to Russia? (couldn't help my political bone)

Back