I guess Valve doesn't care about their fans.. I want Half Life Ep 3!

I bought the orange box for Xbox 360 then got portal when it was free. But HL3 has my $60 as soon as I get a Launch Date

It would be cool if Chell would make an appearance in Half Life 3. Two mutes in one game! A scene where Gordon and Chell would have to communicate through sign language would be fantastic scene, if bit hard to follow. :D

That would be pretty funny. I lol'd thinking about it.

HL2 wasn't even that good of game to begin with and the episodes were even worse than the core game.

Just start over and make a 3 and make it good like the first one.

HL2 wasn't even that good of game to begin with and the episodes were even worse than the core game.

Imagine how much whingeing this would cause though? Probably more then half life 3 karaoke - Freeman edition. All the fan people have been on and on about this since before the second one. The episodes were probably a way of placating the fans for a while, or were extra content from attempts/messing around.

I really hope a new source comes out before they begin this though... source games now feels like playing "retro" titles like quake 4. It isn't the fault of the consoles either, as half life 2 came out in 2004 and would have been limited to the even crappier xbox, not the crappy 360.

You dont think half life 2 is good? Why not? the only reason I dont like the game is it takes 5 times as long to launch than hl1 but I think thats cause steam slows down the launch with all that preparing to launch crap.

HL2 was a great game. I just recently replayed it and even now the only complaint is have is the weak vehicle dynamics. It just has to stand up to HL1, which is the best SP FPS ever. Tough company.

It is not as good as HL1 IMHO, guns feel weird (no precision), story is f"cked up (had to read some wiki to understand it), action was tighter in HL1.

Also the AI in HL1 was spectacular for its time, in HL2 AI feels like a step down.

OP, wouldn't you rather have HL3 with a new engine instead of HL2:E3? I do.

I'd take the old source engine if it meant getting to play something in the half life series before the end of this decade.

Back