I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Hm, I don't think the interior has changed much, overall size being almost the same. But I think the rear fan is now mounted above the PCI brackets. Sorry, top fan is likely reserved for more gamer-oriented cases.

On the bright side, I think we might see some new cases with very clean front panels. :cool:

where is this info from??

i want in on it too

They really should add a top vent as stock with the new model to cool modern systems properly.

It'd be cool if they kept the overall styling, but rotated the psu 90 degrees and moved it over to fit another hd rack in there, though it'd probably need to get a little wider in order to do that. Or maybe rotate the hard drives as well so they're on their side. Sounds like a potential modding project ;)

It'd be cool if they kept the overall styling, but rotated the psu 90 degrees and moved it over to fit another hd rack in there, though it'd probably need to get a little wider in order to do that. Or maybe rotate the hard drives as well so they're on their side. Sounds like a potential modding project ;)

thats a bad idea as i dont want holes on the side panel if it was rotated to 90 degrees

You don't really need holes in the side panel, just like there are no holes on the bottom. As long as there's a little space it should be a nonissue. I may play around with the idea in the future. Shouldn't be too hard to make a new front panel.

If you get little space on the exhaust side (with "perpendicular" PSU placement) there will be very little (pardon the tautology) to simply not enough space on the cables side, I'm afraid.

Shame they're not addressing the poor exhausting which is single handedly the most glaring issue with this chassis. If they don't at least include a blow-hole by default then I'm not sure why they even bothered updating this case. Hopefully more information will surface soon.

Mind elaborating on that? I could be wrong about all of this since I haven't had one of these in months, but I think it may be possible. Maybe I'll attempt a mock up this week with my A04 and/or cardboard.

I like the Bulgin power switch some of you have used. I checked out a retailer and they sell the "latching" switch as well as the momentary switch. How is the latching switch different from the momentary switch?

I like the Bulgin power switch some of you have used. I checked out a retailer and they sell the "latching" switch as well as the momentary switch. How is the latching switch different from the momentary switch?

IIRC momentary is like your standard button, press it and it sends a signal while it's being held down. Latching goes down and "locks" into place and needs to be pressed in again to return back to it's original position.

Hm, I don't think the interior has changed much, overall size being almost the same. But I think the rear fan is now mounted above the PCI brackets. Sorry, top fan is likely reserved for more gamer-oriented cases.

On the bright side, I think we might see some new cases with very clean front panels. :cool:

I'm not sure where they would mount a fan on the back above the brackets as there is only about an inch of space.

You need momentary switches for PC use. Latching switches will "confuse" your PSU -- it expects a brief signal. "on" and done, not "onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........................" until you push it again.

Since you said "please":

A05fn_oi.jpg

So they flipped the mobo back and that shortens the length of the cards that can be accommodated? Do you have other pictures that, for example. show if there's a top blowhole and explain that thingy in the lower 1/3 of the 3.5" drive cage? PLEASE post if you do. TIA!

Some people just don't like rATX for some reason. I'm personally an advocate, but some seem to think it makes their GPUs run hotter. Oh noes!

I still can't believe that they haven't fixed the issue with the front panel suffocating this case with airflow issues.

I pretty much have to run the case without the front panel at all during the summer.

@Phantastic, where are you getting these pictures?

Is it just me or does that look like 2 small fans on the back panel... May just be the lighting but it looks like it's split in the middle. Interior is rather disappointing. The A05 was great cause it had the inverted board and now it's just like most other cases.. Sigh, guess I won't be waiting on this case afterall.

I still can't believe that they haven't fixed the issue with the front panel suffocating this case with airflow issues.

I pretty much have to run the case without the front panel at all during the summer.

Your house must be really hot in the summer then, cause I've got a whole other GPU in mine (and no top fan -- don't you have a hole cut up top?) and I've yet to have any temp issues. Granted, my case as it stands is not quiet... I'm running 3 Panaflos at 12v cause I'm too lazy to install the fan controller. ;)

@Phantastic, where are you getting these pictures?

Is it just me or does that look like 2 small fans on the back panel... May just be the lighting but it looks like it's split in the middle. Interior is rather disappointing. The A05 was great cause it had the inverted board and now it's just like most other cases.. Sigh, guess I won't be waiting on this case afterall.

I see that split but I think it's one fan. As for how Phantastic is getting the pictures, he's a Lian Li seller on eBay. I've bought my Q11 from him and a Q08 before that.

I see that split but I think it's one fan. As for how Phantastic is getting the pictures, he's a Lian Li seller on eBay. I've bought my Q11 from him and a Q08 before that.

Ah, okay. I thought about that rear fan and it's probably a fan grill with the light just right. That seems to make more sense :p

pretty terrible update to the case.

what lian li needed to do: add top blow hole and mesh grill up front (like the A70 or similar)

Good news though is the current model will be the sough after version in a years time and you could probably make decent bank if you decided to sell.

they shoulda just changed the front piece and the top with no holes and do a cheaper top piece for those that want a fan hole

I'm considering buying a A05N and selling my current A05B. Would this be retarded? Is there enough difference for it to matter? All I know of is that the A05N has a top panel that's held on with screws where the A05B has a rivited top panel. I have a 2x120 AC Ryan RadGrillz (Stripes) somewhere that I could mount to my current case if I cut the hole for it, but... I'm lazy. I would need to send in a parts request first (was missing one of the front clips when I bought the case second hand) but otherwise mine is mint.

I'm considering buying a A05N and selling my current A05B. Would this be retarded?

That's what I did at one point. Needless to say I do not consider that retarded. Some of my other motives were removable HDD cage and round (dot-like) LEDs as opposed to the oval ones on the 1st version.

I got my case today and I am terribly disappointed.:( This thing is so ugly. Boring. The pictures look good but seeing it in person really let me down. I have Cooler Master Centurion 5 and the Lian Li just looks cheap and feels cheap. The anodizing scratches off easily; probably a Type 1 anodizing.

What else can I say? At least I enjoyed my new NEC IPS monitor.:eek:

I got my case today and I am terribly disappointed.:( This thing is so ugly. Boring. The pictures look good but seeing it in person really let me down. I have Cooler Master Centurion 5 and the Lian Li just looks cheap and feels cheap. The anodizing scratches off easily; probably a Type 1 anodizing.

What else can I say? At least I enjoyed my new NEC IPS monitor.:eek:

ill take it if you dont want it

Here's a new plan: don't scratch your case to see how easily it scratches. Cause... it'll get scratched. Idiot.

Also, don't buy Lian Li, which clearly looks like a monolithic box of varying sizes 99% of the time, if you don't like the clean lines, monolithic box look. Cause you know what's in the pictures? That's what they send you.

Having owned a CoolerMaster, arguing that a Lian Li is cheaply made or flimsy in comparison is a total joke. Hell I had an ATCS 840 which is arguably their top of the line case (the Centurion 5 being anything but) and I was completely unimpressed by fit, finish, and materials quality after using a Lian Li V2000B Plus II for years.

Try again.

Last edited:
So I'm a little confused.

A few pages back some people posted about the A05NB with a new motherboard tray cut out and updated cable wiring holes sold from NewEgg; are they still selling this upgraded version?

Now people are posting about an upgraded version with the mother board tray flipped upright and USB3.0 that is to be released?

I suppose you don't like caviar cause it's salty.

A few pages back some people posted about the A05NB with a new motherboard tray cut out and updated cable wiring holes sold from NewEgg; are they still selling this upgraded version?

Now people are posting about an upgraded version with the mother board tray flipped upright and USB3.0 that is to be released?

I believe Newegg is still selling the updated A05NB which I got from them a couple months back. The other upgraded version you are seeing is apparently the A05FN, which still isn't out.

The A05NB is still being sold. Unless Phantasmic has any info, we don't know when we'll see the new A05FN.

Sorry, don't have the catalogue on hand today, but I'll take a second look for any more information later.

Don't be disappointed, there are many other cases out there, some yet to be announced, like the PC-80N.

The A05N is the current iteration of the case; no ETA for the A05FN yet. And all information is subject to change.

Pinoy has got to be out of his mind. The Coolermaster Centurion 5 looks like a Chinese toy airconditioner. It's one of the ugliest cases ever made.

The default A05 is a bit simple, but that's what you get with a Lian Li. What do you expect? Buy a Lan Kool if you want something that isn't a monolithic aluminum box.

A little bit added to the A05 and it's beautiful.

a05np.jpg

I moved from a Centurion 5 to the A05N and it's a world's difference in quality. Not sure what pinoy's problem is, but he might be interested in something by say...NZXT. That's not to say the A05N is the perfect case! It's close, but not quite. :p

Back