I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Those of you who have replaced your switches...

I broke my OEM switches today trying to take them out to see how easily it was accomplished.

Are there any vandal type switches that fit into the original holes without modification or drilling the original holes to be larger?

Where can I get replacements for the original switches?

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=538&cl_index=2&sc_index=10&ss_index=135

PT-SK04-b.jpg

Well, since I broke my power switches, I decided I couldn't just leave the case with the big holes in it and I got rid of the power/reset/LEDs as I always wanted to and added some character to break up the blackness with some matte decal work.

a05np.jpg

Last edited:
so are you going to keep it like that?

looks nice

Yes I think I will but I will look for some tougher material to cut new patterns so it lasts longer. I am thinking maybe the non-slip material you can buy in hardware stores that is more durable and thicker than just decals I cut out overnight because the holes for the power/reset buttons are still behind there. A harder material would be better unless I bondo the holes shut.

Last edited:
what size led should be gotten to replace the blue ones in the front?

5mm, I replaced with white ones (both) and it looks so much better (to me, of course). You might also want to get a black straw from Panera Bread (no other brand works) to put on the light guides.

Last edited:
5mm, I replaced with white ones (both) and it looks so much better (to me, of course). You might also want to get a black straw from Panera Bread (no other brand works) to put on the light guides.

you got pics i dont wanna scroll through this whole thread again lol

Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. Good luck finding one new though, Elite Keyboards used to sell them but is having trouble getting them back in stock. They might stock Leopold keyboards which look very similar and are also mechanical, but have a more-rounded outside edge.

Here's mine before I got my red WASD.

IMG_9571.jpg

I just finished up my build in my A05NB.

Rampage III Formula
i7 970
Dominator GT 3x2gb
EVGA GTX 470
Spinpoint F3 1TB
Corsair AX850

In the long term I plan to watercool the whole setup. Short term though it is going to stay on air. I have a friend that can CNC that will be doing my top cover and possibly window. This brings me to my question.

The top will be cut to fit a 3x120 radiator. Short term, how well would the 3 120's on top being intake and all the other fans being exhaust work? That would be the front and back 120, the 470, and the PSU all exhausting.

Just wanted to say, Spare-Flare, that decal work is awesome. What'd you use for the decal material? You cut that freehand or what?

Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. Good luck finding one new though, Elite Keyboards used to sell them but is having trouble getting them back in stock. They might stock Leopold keyboards which look very similar and are also mechanical, but have a more-rounded outside edge.

Here's mine before I got my red WASD.

IMG_9571.jpg

No doubt, I feel so fortunate that I got mine before he had to stop carrying them. Did you get your Filco palmrest @ EKB as well? Looks nice, but $70 is somewhat steep.

That's the older palmrest (I have one as well) that Elitekeyboards used to have. They went for cheaper than the new ones (around $40 I believe) but weren't true leather or some such. It's perfect regardless so doesn't bother me.

Yeah, it's the older one. I wouldn't have paid $70, but even $40 is kinda steep looking back on it.

What do you guys use to clean the outside of your case, it looks like I ate a whole bunch of fries and fondled my computer =/

IMG_3203.jpg

That's all I have right now. :p

I'll take more when I get home from work tonight, ok? :D

Edit: And now the revealing of the uglyness. I still have more stuff to do, but not enough money to do it.

IMG_3222.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if anybody is still interested in this model, but I hear it's about to get the USB 3.0 treatment in time for CeBIT. A05FN, anybody? :)

a05fn_cs.jpg

The original is still good enough for more. I only use the motherboard USB ports anyway, I even went as far as to bondo up the top opening with all the ports and such.

Some folks hated the ports on the top cover (under that little lid), so A05FN might just be what they asked for.

Yeah, that's unfortunate that it's being moved to the front. Really liked having a clean front panel. I wonder if they switched to the dimmer led's like on the A04 since the lights are moved to the same place. Also kinda interested to see if the interior changed at all. I may end up going back to one of these since the A04 has a lack of space for larger heatsinks. Or I may just suck it up and go back to one of Corsair's water coolers...

wait where is there more info on the update?

awww man i was planning on getting it now
but nowwwwww ugh such tough decisions

Hm, I don't think the interior has changed much, overall size being almost the same. But I think the rear fan is now mounted above the PCI brackets. Sorry, top fan is likely reserved for more gamer-oriented cases.

On the bright side, I think we might see some new cases with very clean front panels. :cool:

Back