I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

The Deathadder is the one I am leaning on. I will see if Best Buy will let me try one out. I use my palm so this should work well correct? At least the tech at OCZ thought so and those were the two he thought would work best.

Do you know of any pictures with the Vandal switches installed in a case besides Performance PC?

I can't say... depends on the size of your hand. I am pretty sure they have them at best buy so you can feel it out.

heres a thread with the vandal switches installed.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1440573

Thanks

I copy the picture and enlarged it. It was dark but it looks like it will work well and compliment what I am trying to to.

I will try a couple mice out to see what I like best.

I just finished taking mine apart and getting ready to send it to get powder coated. I made a video worklog of the mods and posted it on YouTube

Here's what it looks like now:

IMG_0158.JPG

I got my side window installed today. I also have all the Murdermods sleeving done except the power supply . I will tackle that tommorrow.

There is nothing like having a CNC machine do the window cutout. It is just perfect.

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Last edited:
SuperTroye

It sure is a lot of work just to get it to black. The Murdermods sleeving is even worse.

SuperTroye

It sure is a lot of work just to get it to black. The Murdermods sleeving is even worse.

Hey edvb... your build looks great man! Looks like you have invested a lot in it! I'm not sure I understand your comment on it being black and the sleeving?

I just finished up my latest project using the A05N. I referenced this thread when I was checking out the A05n, a lot of good stuff in here! Anyway, I tried to keep the inside as clean as possible - I rerouted the power cable, along with other cables, behind the motherboard.

- The PC is just being used for Dreamweaver/PS for design, here are the specs:
+ AMD Phenom II X3 710 Triple core
+ MSI 785GM-E65 mATX mobo w/ HDMI & ATI HD4200 IGP
+ 6GB Patriot DD3 ram
+ Corsair psu
+ Sata hdd

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

four.jpg

five.jpg

six.jpg

seven.jpg

eight.jpg

nine.jpg

Added another 80MM fan to help with exhaust flow. Can anyone direct me to a compatible windowed side panel? Thanks

TheMunky......Very nice work..I'm build a A05 system for a friend for PS,Corel Draw,Quark..she does a lot fliers,posters and stuff for local company's..I have been toying with ideas for her system..you just gave me a great setup to follow..

Again Great work nice and Clean..

thanks...DarkSide

To my knowledge, Lian-Li does not make windowed side-panels for A05. G60 (check, for example, this post out) is more or less the only "other" compatible panel (not made any more).

Added another 80MM fan to help with exhaust flow. Can anyone direct me to a compatible windowed side panel? Thanks

I just finished taking mine apart and getting ready to send it to get powder coated. I made a video worklog of the mods and posted it on YouTube

Here's what it looks like now:

<snip>

Wow, excellent video. If it only could be done that quickly! :p

I really want to get an A05B now and do that!
(While listening to Angels and Airwaves, and probably Blink-182 :D)

((But I'm a damn jobless bum with no money))

Dumb question time, sorry...

I noticed that some of you have anodized, and that powder coating, etc. can be done.
If I just want a black A05, are there distinct disadvantages to just using a stock black
A05?

I am assuming there is an enhanced durability to the anodized finish.

Other than custom paint jobs (which I understand and respect, but wouldn't do on a PC),
what are the advantages to an upgraded finish (anodizing) if it produces and end product
that is the same color as stock?

And I am guessing that if you want the case anodized, you start by buying a silver A05?

I noticed that some of you have anodized, and that powder coating, etc. can be done. If I just want a black A05, are there distinct disadvantages to just using a stock black A05?

No. Most people don't want to try spraypaint, or they're afraid to screw it up - so they get the case powder coated or anodized by a professional. (Usually having the inside changed to solid black instead of silver.)

I've only seen a couple 'outer colored' A05's, most people buy black ones anyway - I don't think buying black vs buying silver has any benefit on getting the outer portions of the case powder coated or anodized.

I don't think I've ever posted my pictures in here. But I've been doing some work on it and so far I love it.

setup8409012.jpg

setup8409011.jpg

setup8409009.jpg

setup8409014.jpg

^ I have to try to fit the extra PSU cables behind the mobo tray I guess, I wish I bought a modular one. ^

setup8409017.jpg

pump3.jpg

^ Looks like these guys are in need of a home ^

No. Most people don't want to try spraypaint, or they're afraid to screw it up - so they get the case powder coated or anodized by a professional. (Usually having the inside changed to solid black instead of silver.)

I've only seen a couple 'outer colored' A05's, most people buy black ones anyway - I don't think buying black vs buying silver has any benefit on getting the outer portions of the case powder coated or anodized.

Great, thanks!
Last question:

Is the inside of the black A05 silver in color, I assume?

Hellou "TheMunky"

Nice Job. Im thinking about this brand new mobo from MSI. But i must ask you. Why you use 6Gb of ram. What about dualchannel ? Why not 8Gb.

Wow, excellent video. If it only could be done that quickly! :p

I really want to get an A05B now and do that!
(While listening to Angels and Airwaves, and probably Blink-182 :D)

((But I'm a damn jobless bum with no money))

Thanks! I love me some Angels & Airwaves... such a talented group of musicians!

SuperTroye

(Hey edvb... your build looks great man! Looks like you have invested a lot in it! I'm not sure I understand your comment on it being black and the sleeving?)

I was trying to say it was much easier if you did not have to go through the trouble to get the inside powder coated black. ( It is worth it trust me on that.)

I just finished sleeving every single wire with the Murdermods black sleeving.

Man what a job that was. It took 5 hours just to do the 24 pin and 8 pin power supply cables.I an glad to get that out of the way.

The fans are all sleeved and installed with all wiring going to the fan controller.

The power and reset switches and the two LED's are all sleeved and installed.

I am going to cut a 4.5" hole on the bottom of the case for the power supply intake tomorrow.

Then it will be assembly time. WOO HO

<snip>

Then it will be assembly time. WOO HO

Ahhh yes, I hear you now. Hey I might PM you to see who it was that anodized your case. I need to get some alu rivets anodized as I can't find any countersunk rivets that are offered in anything other than the aluminum silver.

I also cut a hole in the bottom, but when I did I cut out the PSU mount. So, I got some rubber hole plugs from Ace hardware instead. Maybe it will cut down on vibrations.

IMG_0343.JPG

I thought about it last night and decided to get two of these filters. One will be for the intake fan in the back of the case and the second will be on the bottom for the power supply. I will trim the inside with some foam rubber weatherstripping so when I slip the power supply in it will seal the bottom around the fan like a small duct. These filters have pretty good are flow and can be cleaned quickly with a vacuum.

AL_Filter_120_Bk_t_LRG.jpg

TheMunky......Very nice work..I'm build a A05 system for a friend for PS,Corel Draw,Quark..she does a lot fliers,posters and stuff for local company's..I have been toying with ideas for her system..you just gave me a great setup to follow..

Again Great work nice and Clean..

thanks...DarkSide

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the comments! It is perfect for what I was looking for and it wasn't too costly. Good luck with your setup! ;)

To my knowledge, Lian-Li does not make windowed side-panels for A05. G60 (check, for example, this post out) is more or less the only "other" compatible panel (not made any more).

That looks pretty good too, thanks for the insight and link!

Hellou "TheMunky"

Nice Job. Im thinking about this brand new mobo from MSI. But i must ask you. Why you use 6Gb of ram. What about dualchannel ? Why not 8Gb.

Thanks! It was just to fit my budget, in the future I can pick up an additional 2GB and run dual channel. For dual channel on this mobo you can either run 2 dims or all 4. Love the features and price of the mobo, you should def. check it out.

I just finished up my latest project using the A05N. I referenced this thread when I was checking out the A05n, a lot of good stuff in here! Anyway, I tried to keep the inside as clean as possible - I rerouted the power cable, along with other cables, behind the motherboard.

- The PC is just being used for Dreamweaver/PS for design, here are the specs:
+ AMD Phenom II X3 710 Triple core
+ MSI 785GM-E65 mATX mobo w/ HDMI & ATI HD4200 IGP
+ 6GB Patriot DD3 ram
+ Corsair psu
+ Sata hdd

Looks great! Post more when you get the window.

Here's mine all updated with murder mod sleeving on my new PSU. I still need to sleeve the SATA cables, but I'm feeling a bit lazy :p

img2135.jpg

Close up shot
img2137g.jpg

]]]moogle

I feel I am playing poker on this forum. I just got done with my rig minus a couple 5" sata cables but you get the jest of my build.

I have to give you an Attaboy for doing the sleeving as it seperates the men from the boys so to speak. Here is my rig almost completed. I am still waiting for the 5" SATA cables to arrive.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

]]]moogle

I feel I am playing poker on this forum. I just got done with my rig minus a couple 5" sata cables but you get the jest of my build.

I have to give you an Attaboy for doing the sleeving as it seperates the men from the boys so to speak. Here is my rig almost completed. I am still waiting for the 5" SATA cables to arrive.

Thanks, and agreed! I love your sleeving, and black interior. It just makes the case look so much more uniform. Also, your window cut is so clean.

Nohting like a CNC machine to do the cutout. I do not build a PC too often but I try to do the best I can with the technology available. There are a few of us that want to take it to the limit and it is starting to show in the builds I see Well done to all.

moogle,edvb ...both of you guys Outstanding job..the time and effort you guys took really shows..Congrats ;)

hey edvb, i think it looks like you have your case on speaker spikes. they're upside down ;p

moogle,edvb ...both of you guys Outstanding job..the time and effort you guys took really shows..Congrats ;)

Thank you!!! Yeah, it did take a while like edvb said, but if anyone wants to start on sleeving any PSU cables, I highly recommend getting a quality pin remover. It really speeds up the process and eliminates the headaches from removing those damn pins.

Well my last cables came in so I was able to finish the build today.

I overclocked it to 2.99 GHz and the temp's look pretty good at that setting when running Prime95 combined.

It was a fun build but it sure takes a lot of time and almost 2K to get to what I have now.

Thanks for all the compliments but most of the ideas came from others on the forum so I want to thank everyone that helped with the build.

Here is the final result.

Normal load
IMG_0749.jpg

Prime95 Combined after about 1/2 hour. The Temp's were stable at that time.
IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg