I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

Anyone with a fan on the bottom of the PSU such as a Corsair 620hx.

Is the PSU kinda a bit... too warm. Or perhaps a bit hot?

what do you think about my case? it's pc05b with some changes
i wanted to save place behind the side panel to place a screen
DSCF3186.jpg

Hm, nifty small case. I see a lot of people having the rear fan as an intake fan, and front fan as exhaust. Will this give better cooling in this case? (Since the psu is in the front)

That was actually the way case was designed. also intake is right next to CPU heatsink so good for CPU temp too.

Hm, nifty small case. I see a lot of people having the rear fan as an intake fan, and front fan as exhaust. Will this give better cooling in this case? (Since the psu is in the front)

As it was said above, that is how the case it designed.

The case come from the factory with the rear fan as the intake and the front as the exhaust. This makes sense because cool air should come in at the bottom of the case. What doesn't work so well is the exhaust fan in the middle of the front of the case. The primary flow through the stock case is in at the bottom rare of the case and out through the middle of the front with virtually no air flow in the area around the add in (video) card(s).

On of the changes made in the new style case is using vented covers for the expansion slots. The only problem is that the air pressure inside the case is pretty much going to match the external air pressure, because of the one in/one out fan configuration, resulting in almost no air flow through the expansion slots.

What I did with my case (original style) was to disconnect, but not remove, the front fan to create a positive pressure inside the case and use slotted card covers above the video and tuner cards. I also taped over the vents below the intake fan on the rear (air flow would short circuit directly from the fan out the bottom of the case.

This all works fine with a E5200 running at 3.2 GHz and a passively cooled 4670 video card, but a real gaming box would probably need a top blow hole with a 120mm fan to keep things cool.

Just a simple blow-hole made all the difference in the world for me. Now my heavily OC'ed 8800GT can run completely passive with its Accelero S1 cooler.

i want to take out my hard drive cage and mount my drive into the 5.25 bay. anyone recommend any accessorizes to make this possible? i cant mount it in my 3.5 since i need a card reader there. also running Low speed yateloons. would i benefite from running medium or even high speed yates without sacrificing sound b/c right now its pretty quiet

anyone running i7 in this case with one of those bigger gpus? heat issues?

They would definitely arise... unless you were WCing...

I love the layout of the A05 just airflow sucks, they could do the same layout but flipped over (I believe velocity micro has a case like this) and it'd be near perfect...

Then again it's not really small like a MATX case, it's just shorter than a regular ATX case by a few inches.

anyone running i7 in this case with one of those bigger gpus? heat issues?

my brother is running an i7 at 3.8ghz and a 4870 and he gets great temps. but thats because he modded 2x120 fans on top. honestly if you have pretty high end stuff in this case you need atleast a 120mm blow hole up top. it then becomes an amazingly cool case.

dsc01589twb.jpg

i have 1 x 120 blow hole on mine. i might have to use medium speed yateloons if i use the same case. since im using low speed ones now. and plus have a filter on the back so its constricinting. also thinking about taking out the drive cage and just mounting the drive on the 3.5 holder. any idea what your brothers temps are?

i have 1 x 120 blow hole on mine. i might have to use medium speed yateloons if i use the same case. since im using low speed ones now. and plus have a filter on the back so its constricinting. also thinking about taking out the drive cage and just mounting the drive on the 3.5 holder. any idea what your brothers temps are?

he replaced the rear intake, cpu fan and the front exhaust with high speed yate loons (connected to a fan controller) and the top 120's are low speed yate's. His CPU temps for the cpu (at 3.8ghz) are 32-37 (between the 4 cores) and load temps are in the low 60's. His 4870 at 35% fan speed idles at 58c.

how loud are those high speeds compared to the low. is it that much more noticeable sound difference?

how loud are those high speeds compared to the low. is it that much more noticeable sound difference?

if you have a white noise in your computer room (like a fan or something else) then its not too bad at all. but if its silent then the fans will be quite loud. I have two the high speed yates in my own a05b and i use speedfan to quite them when i need silence. but at full speed they do push a shit load of air.

well i have my comp running 3 low speed loons. i was thinking getting medium speed ones

for those of you with GTX cards?

Do you think adding an intake fan above the card is better than an exhaust fan?

I have a GTX 275. I've zip-tied a 92mm fan outside of the PCI slots. idle temps went down about 2-3 degrees. around 47-48C right now.

I was thinking of inverting the fan and using it to push more cool air over/above the card.

Just don't want to mess with it now though, so I thought I would ask. ;)

Thanks!

looks good man! LOL i also upgraded to i7 over last weekend. the small case is handling the load well especially with 3 high speed yate loons and a lowe speed one on the top.

what temps are you seeing with your TRUE? im getting about 42-45 idle with my i7 at 3.7ghz with 1.32v. prime95 maxes it out at 82c. not too bad imo.

heres a pic of mine
a05b.png

looks good man! LOL i also upgraded to i7 over last weekend. the small case is handling the load well especially with 3 high speed yate loons and a lowe speed one on the top.

what temps are you seeing with your TRUE? im getting about 42-45 idle with my i7 at 3.7ghz with 1.32v. prime95 maxes it out at 82c. not too bad imo.

heres a pic of mine
a05b.png

im using a dark knight heatsink. running a high speed yate as intake , medium yate in the front and on heatsink and a lian li on the top blow hole. im not o/c yet but im getting idle temps from 38-41c and prime max load temps are around 72c.
but with the cage out seems like im getting alot more air pushed out which is good

im using a dark knight heatsink. running a high speed yate as intake , medium yate in the front and on heatsink and a lian li on the top blow hole. im not o/c yet but im getting idle temps from 38-41c and prime max load temps are around 72c.
but with the cage out seems like im getting alot more air pushed out which is good

not bad at all. yeah removing the hdd cage is a good idea if you have 1 hdd not use for that in there.

also you should put some electrical tape (black tape) on the underside of the floppy bay and cd bay that stick out on the front to avoid exhaust from coming back in. dunno if you tried it but it cant hurt if you haven't :D

not bad at all. yeah removing the hdd cage is a good idea if you have 1 hdd not use for that in there.

also you should put some electrical tape (black tape) on the underside of the floppy bay and cd bay that stick out on the front to avoid exhaust from coming back in. dunno if you tried it but it cant hurt if you haven't :D

i dont get it? where do you put tape?

Pretty sweet combo deal for $50

The deal is $118.87, which (IMO) is not as sweet. A05 (earlier generation) could be had for $70 shipped, while $48.87 (granted, with a rebate involved) can get you a better PSU, e.g., one with more than 1 PCI-e connector or even a modular one.
Here's an example: 600W modular OCZ w/ active PFC on this page right now for $44.99

Last edited:
Back