I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

what do you think about my case? it's pc05b with some changes
i wanted to save place behind the side panel to place a screen
DSCF3186.jpg

Can you PLEASE tell me where you go that thing in the top card slot? It looks like it has a panel mounted 4 pin male Molex receptacle, I have been looking for a panel mountable 4 pin male Molex receptacle (NOT the female plug, I have no problems finding those), for work, and can not find them anywhere.

Please PM me or reply to this.

TIA!

Those come with some Gigabyte motherboards. Call them and ask for some on their customer support line. Usually they'll sell them for pretty cheap.

gigabyte_sata.jpg

Can you PLEASE tell me where you go that thing in the top card slot? It looks like it has a panel mounted 4 pin male Molex receptacle, I have been looking for a panel mountable 4 pin male Molex receptacle (NOT the female plug, I have no problems finding those), for work, and can not find them anywhere.

Please PM me or reply to this.

TIA!

My last ASUS board came with one of those. It was an S939 A8N-SLI Premium, if that helps.

Hey guys,

I'm about to order the following rig for my parents. The case (Lian Li PC-A05NB) has already been ordered. Since you all seem to have the same case, I thought I'd check your thoughts on these components in the A05NB unmodified. Here's the list:

Lian Li PC-A05NB (already ordered)
Intel Core i7 920 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.66GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S
EVGA X58 Micro mATX LGA1366 DDR3 2PCIE-16 1PCI-E1 1PCI SLI SATA2 Sound Dual GBLAN 1394 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 TR3X6G1600C9 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 9-9-9-24 Core i7 Memory Kit
EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55NM 626MHZ 896MB 2.1GHZ DDR3 PCI-E 2XDVI-I HDTV Out Video Card
Corsair HX520W CMPSU-520HX ATX Triple 12V 40A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply 120MM Fan 2X PCI-E
Samsung
SH-S223Q/BEBS 22X DVD+-RW SATA DVD Writer Black Lightscribe OEM
Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 LGA1366 i7 Heatpipe Cooler W/ 2XNH-P12 120MM Fan
2 x Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB Dual Proc 3.5IN SATA Hard Drive OEM 5YR Mfg Warranty
2 x Noctua NF-P12-1300 120MM Ultra Quiet Cooling Fan 1100-1300RPM 63-92M3/H 12.6-19.8DBA Molex to replace existing case fans.
Antec Vcool PCI Slot Cooling for VGA Cards with 3-SPEED Switch
HP LP2275 22" LCD (Already Own)

2 Questions:

1) Can I fit 2 hard drives + the DVD drive in the case without the hard drive rack in the case?

2) Do you think the case will be cool enough? I won't be overclocking as the rig will primarily be for my parents.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1) yes, but you'll need a 5.25"->3.5" adapter for one of the HDDs
2) probably ... cooling video card is the biggest concern (imo)

You must be descendant of some hard-core gamers if your parents need a rig like that ;)

1) Can I fit 2 hard drives + the DVD drive in the case without the hard drive rack in the case?

2) Do you think the case will be cool enough? I won't be overclocking as the rig will primarily be for my parents.

What fan controller did you see?

You should be fine without a hole for the PSU. One blowhole should suffice, but two is always better. Gotta remember that airflow needs to be balanced. You have to match the exhaust to the intake.

I have been bouncing some ideas for my next build and after looking at all the ideas and size cases including the Silverstone FT02 , I have finally decided on this case. It will be a i7 920 build. It will be on 24/7 and will be an all around PC that will be fast for all uses without breaking the bank.

OS Windows 7 64 Bit

I would like to put a window and either one 120-140mm blow hole fan or two 120mm blow hole fans. Also do I need to cut a hole in the bottom for the power supply?

I just need one 120g SSD for now. I can add another one if needed later on but I have been doing fine with 40g so far. I could get rid of the HHD cage that way.

I would like it to be as quiet as possible and only have a single DVD or Blue Ray drive so the front stays nice and clean.

I did see a digital fan controller for the 3.5 slot that looked very clean.

I do some gaming but mostly Flight Simulator X so I probably will only have less than five games loaded on it. I do some Itunes, Photo shop and surf the net.

I plan to powder-coat the case black and have new quiet blue lighted fans installed .

It will sit on my desk next to my 2209WA monitor.

I only need one Video card and a TV Tuner card.

I will only be running this one display.

I just want a nice clean reliable machine that will last a few years as I do not upgrade too often. I will run it stock or with a mild overclock that does not affect longevity.

This is where I am at for choices of parts. I also need Blue-Ray or DVD drive,Memory, Fans, Fan Grill, Modular PS, Case Feet,Video Card, TV Tuner.
Thanks for any help on this.

Lian Li PC-A05NB case
Lian Li Universal CD cover C-02B

EVGA X58 SLI LE

Intel Core i7 920 D0

Scythe Mugen 2 or Prolimatech Megahalem

G skill falcon FM-25S2S 128g SSD

Hello everyone,
i am about to order myself a new system (of course including the A05B) and I’m a bit worried if everything will fit in.

Mobo: GigaByte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Case: Lian Li PC-A05NB
CPUFan: Scythe SCORC-1100 Orochi

I'm planning to install the Orochi in a way that its heatpipes point upwards (for best performance), and use the rear intake fan (which i will probably exchange with a Scythe Kama PWM Fan) to directly blow into the cooler while its fan is sucking the air out to the front.
I am "kind of" sure that the Orochi would fit in (if you think otherwise please let me know), if anyone has this CPU cooler installed in this case a pic would be highly appreciated :)

I'll also need some additional cooling for my GTX 285, so i thought about an inverted Liam Li BS03. I'm pretty sure the Liam Li BS03 is too brought tho, if i install it on one of the two standard options above the graphics card, it'll might in the way of the Orochi. (I want it to blow air onto my GTX 285 and not suck it away from it anyway)

That leaves me with 2 options, I could replace the fan of the BS03 and make it work as intake as well as drilling some extra holes for the screws and hope that the case is tall enough to move the BS03 up an inch or two, or I could install a fan into the top of the case.
Now I’ve seen different builds with 1/2/3 120mm fans on top of the case, the thing is I don’t like to have multiple fans (it’s louder and doesn’t look as nice). So I was kind of dreaming about installing this Monster into the lid(top bezel?):

Cooler Master 200mm Replacement Fan (sorry for the german :/)

It's 200mm brought, since the case it 210mm there would be only about a little more than a quarter inch left on both sides after I cut the hole, which makes me worry about the integrity of the case as i don’t know exactly how thick and stable it is. Also I’m not sure if there is space for a fan of that size because the mobo might be in the way.

I hope you can give me some guidance!

Greetings from Germany :)

(sorry for my faulty english)

200mm won't fit. The fan has to fit between the beams that are part of the frame of the case and the distance between those is more 14Xmm, so you'll be lucky to fit 140mm fan (which, imo, should be quite adequate).

... So I was kind of dreaming about installing this Monster into the lid(top bezel?):

Cooler Master 200mm Replacement Fan (sorry for the german :/)

It's 200mm brought, since the case it 210mm there would be only about a little more than a quarter inch left on both sides after I cut the hole, which makes me worry about the integrity of the case as i don’t know exactly how thick and stable it is. Also I’m not sure if there is space for a fan of that size because the mobo might be in the way.

I hope you can give me some guidance!

Greetings from Germany :)

(sorry for my faulty english)

200mm won't fit. The fan has to fit between the beams that are part of the frame of the case and the distance between those is more 14Xmm, so you'll be lucky to fit 140mm fan (which, imo, should be quite adequate).

Ah i was afraid that there are beams like that (i just couldnt see any on the pictures of the case i found).
I guess ill go with the 140mm fan then :)

Thanks!

mine with the T-60FB Top who fits perfectly the A05N :)
incoming

updated :)

Coming soon :

- Improve the cable management
- Install new black fan grills.
- Maybe re-install the hdd cage to hide cables.

and my noctuas@12v are so silent, i think i'll remove my rheobus.

Hi All

I went to Chicago and picked up my Intel Core i7 920 D0 and Prolimatech Megahalem cooler with no fan.

I am ordering the rest of the parts and need your help.

I am going to install the T-60F top panel so the fan holes are toward the rear.

The side panels will be reversed so they slide from the front to the back to secure. I will trim the back edge that is now at the front of the case so the front panel can be snapped on without interference.

The bottom front card cage will be removed and a 3.5” to 2.5” SSD mount will be attached to the bottom of the 3.5” slot of the top cage, housing the two 5.25’ drives and 3.5” drive. This will let me add my fan controller in the 3.5” slot , one DVD drive and still have room for something later on in the last 5.25” bay.

I will add a light gray tinted window 11” h x 8.5” w that is 1.75” from the back of the case and 1.5” from the top and bottom. The corners will be have a radius of .5” – 1.5” whatever will look the best after drawing it out on the panel before cutting.

After cutting and smoothing the edges the edges will be painted back.
The window will be attached from the inside using 3M tape.

After everything is fitted I will disassemble the frame and have it anodized black.

The inside should be very clean with the black motherboard and all wiring will be sleeved in black sleeving.

I need to have this PC as quiet as possible as it will sit on my desk next to my 2209WA monitor.

These are the parts I have decided on so far. Reliability and longevity are key.

Lian Li PC-A05NB case

Lian Li Replacement Top Panel for 60 series cases # T-60F (two 120mm fan holes and grills)

Lian Li Universal CD cover C-02B

Scythe Kasemaster 3.5 black fan controller (Already purchased)

EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Already purchased)

Prolimatech Megahalem (Already purchased)

CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX 620W Modular Power Supply

G skill falcon FM-25S2S 128g SSD Storage

MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC V3 Video Card

These are the parts I still need to decide on

fast DVD/RW drive.

6 gig DDR memory

Video card if better than one above. It will only be used with the 2209WA monitor
HDTV card ( no need to record )

120mm fan or fans for cooler
120mm fans for top of case
120mm fans for front and rear of case

Modular PS if better than listed below

Thanks for any help or suggestions on this build. I am going to purchase the parts within a week.

LianLi1.jpg

imgp009614.php

oknowymiary.jpg

03bokokno.jpg

Last edited:
anyone have a measurement from the inside top to the cage where the dvd rom would be housed

anyone have a measurement from the inside top to the cage where the dvd rom would be housed
Not sure I understood the question, but if it is about the distance between the top surface of the DVD (assumed to be mounted in the upper 5.25" slot) and the top cover, it's just a tiny little bit less than 1 1/4"

Not sure I understood the question, but if it is about the distance between the top surface of the DVD (assumed to be mounted in the upper 5.25" slot) and the top cover, it's just a tiny little bit less than 1 1/4"

brb getting a picture

800gt-1.jpg

would like to know the length to basically where the dvd drive would hit if i put a card in.

Well, I don't think there's a standard on DVD-drive length/depth ... With the drive I have I think I should be able to fit 10 3.4" long card, such that it will be bumping into the back of the SATA power plug.

Anybody know the dimensions of the MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC V3 Video Card? I also need to fit that in my case But I will not have the bottom cage installed.

Anybody know the dimensions of the MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC V3 Video Card? I also need to fit that in my case But I will not have the bottom cage installed.

If you don't have the cage in place any pci-e videocard should fit.

Thanks cyberkost.

Now if I can get some input on the fans that would be great.

In fact, all (ok, there might be an exception, but I'm not aware of any and I did read all 2956 posts of this thread) cards will fit even with the cage in place, but no drives are installed. The only issue that can arise is when installing one of the longest cards such that it bumps into HDD -- even then the installation is possible, but one cannot move the HDD w/o taking the card out first.

As for the fans -- it depends on your budget. I like Noctua NF-P12. They're almost inaudible while push a lot of air. I would not rush to buy replacements to Lian-Li fans -- they make some noise, but the #1 source of noise is the fan on my HD4830.

I also read all the posts and am using most of what I read in this case. The link below gives you an idea what my case will look like with the window installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJhuXpRBTWs

This is my second build but I want it to be special. I do electronics for a living so I have the skills for a very neat job. I just have not been up to date on the latest technology but I am learning.

If you look at all the pictures in the links of the earlier posts and combine all the ideas you see, that is what I want my case to look like.

Only the CPU cooler and video board will not be black. With some light blue lighting inside and maybe a lighted cooler fan and heat sink for the video card it should look rather trick in a subdued way.

Hope this helps in what I am trying to build.

Edvb, I read your post near the top of the page. You're very ambitious, it'll be great if you come through with your plan. One thing I want to caution you about is putting T-60F lid backwards. It's the right motive (to put blowholes toward the rear), but I don't think you'll be able to make the side panels work.
IMO, given that A05N's top panel is already removable, you should just take it off and make a blowhole yourself. It'll be much less effort for a potentially better outcome than what you think of doing with T-60F. If you want to be supercool (both literaly and figuratively), I suggest pioneering 140mm top blowhole/fan.

BTW, please post a working link to the video.

Is there anything else in the Lian Li lineup
that offers close to this much in a slightly larger case?
Requirements are two 120mm's with room for another
one (or two) 120mm's for a blowhole.

Prefer slightly larger case (but not full tower) with room
for at least one large video card.

Before you tell me that the A05B can do that,
which it can,
is there anything more conventional from Lian Li
that meet the requirements above?

I am "coming off" using an Antec Solo.
I know that I am going to lose some soundproofing going to Lian Li,
but I would like a lot less weight, which any Lian Li aluminum
should do, correct? It is hard for me to do anything with the Solo
except use two 92mm's in front which I don't like.
It is also a PITA to figure out a blowhole for it. Would it be like
hack sawing through a 20 year old Magtag washer?

Anyone else see the pros and cons of this "conflict" of getting an
A05B vs the Antec Solo? The Solo is built better than most modern appliances.

The advantages of the Solo are not just having one in my possession right now.
Very quiet, and again, very solid. Quite well built. Two negatives are no mobo tray
and you have to pull the motherboard to remove the power supply.

I had a Lian Li PC06 bought 12-15 years ago, and it was great other than 80mm fans.
Is this A05B as solid as an old PC06? If not, which Lian Li is?

Not to thread-jack with my decision here, one great choice is the A05B.

Last edited:
Back