I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

^--that case looks pretty nice, but I friggin' hate when they put the PSU right over where the CPU goes. It really limits options for good coolers.

Exactly...really limits your CPU cooling options. The only way to really keep a case small and have a full size ATX mb with a good CPU cooler in there is to do what the A05 does...or have an external PSU.

What I'd like to see them do is turn the motherboard back around and then turn the fans around to a more traditional airflow pattern. I think it could be done that way.

I assembled mine last night.. very nice, one of my more pleasant installs. can't wait to fire the beastie up *and post pics as soon as i find the camera*

Sorry for the crappy pic but I was in a rush, here is my A05B with matching card reader and CD/DVD bezel cover.

002.jpg

Thanks for posting a pic.
Now that I know you've got the bezel cover too, may I ask: how does it install and how does it work? I'm guessing it flips down?

TIA (again) :)

^ it screws onto the front of the chassis in front of the drive. The flap is spring loaded so when the drive opens it pushes it down and when it closes the spring pushes the flap back up.

frontnpackpca05b.jpg

frontpca05b.jpg

Arrived today and very chuffed with it. I thought id be dissapointed as i am so regulary with many things but this case is great. Can't wait to get modding. Nothing on the scaled of others on here but something unique atleast :D

I'll post them when done.

Yeah, the bezel just screws in and is spring-loaded. I love it because it keeps the front looking neat and clean!

Looks like I'm getting 2 A05's...
1 is going to be a media server, other is gaming+workstation
Gonna have the lian-li bay covers (like reapers, but 2) and the card reader in the gaming system, then a 3in2 hot-swap backplane in the media server.

I'm excited... ordering sunday, I figure just before christmas or after...

Performance-PCs has the PlusII with vents and side-van, I think I might get that for the gaming, and a regular one for the media server.
:D! I'll have lots of pics of the build in a bit, I built 1 computer w/ this case and was one of the easiest builds I've done.

I have a friend who can anodize aluminum, I might try to re-anodize the media card reader... it looks ugly with all the laser engraving in it's current state.

This case is the reason I decided to join the forums :D I was eying (that can't be the correct spelling, but I'm not arguing with FF) it for sometime, and all the positive opinions and gorgeous pics by you fellas really sealed the deal for me. I've convinced my girlfriend to stuff it under the tree this year, but perhaps with a little persuasion I can get it a few days early :woot:

I have a special request I wonder if anyone with the case would be willing to look up for me. I need to know the distance between the fan mounting holes on the rear intake fan and the bottom of the PCI expansion brackets. Specifically, I would like to know if I could stuff one of these little boys in for a GPU only loop. According to the picture, I need about 38 or so mm of distance between the two. Thanks!

Ordered 2 A05's one with the G50 vented panel + duct/fan set (an attempt to keep the Vid card cool)

And another 800$ in parts for my new Q6600 build, moving my old components into the 2nd A05...

Then I get to sell my 8800 GTS 320 and save up some cash for a 9800 GTX when it comes out :D

I tore my system down last night and busted out some cablegami skills. It was a real pain in the ass being such a small case. I'm gonna try to finish it up tonight after work.

On a side note, before i start a thread about this: Does anyone know where to get any non plastic/PET/b] based cable sleeving? My noctua fans came sleeved in a nice soft fabricy style mesh almost like round boot shoelaces.

I'd like to get something like that, I sleeved the front panel cables with some leftover blue nylon sleeving(techflex?) I had from 2 builds ago and while its not really visible after getting tucked into the top track I want to sleeve all my new fans and stuff and make it all look consistent, but i dont want to deal with that nylon shit anymore.

Welcome to the club RonindeBeatrice :cool:

Thank you very much.

I don't have the case quite yet, but I've picked up some cable managing gear and a cdrom bezel from P-pcs.com and I'm already planning how I'm going to tidy everything up. I will of course post pictures of the result. I'm so happy, like a kid at Christmas or something :D

What exactly did you use there to mount those fans? Right now i got one twist-tied to the slots where the panel goes in on the top but I'd like to put the panel on, lol.

My 7950GT gets really hot without air flow up top.

case.JPG

yeah i haven't installed photoshop yet.... or tidied up yet. Still oc-ing!
I used the sunbeam wherever pci rack, and i had to use 2 bolts for the fan closest to the front of the case.

Previously the 8800 was hitting high 90s-100s on a daily basis. Now it loads at low 70s in my hot room.

SO! I head over to the girlfriend's house tonight and she surprises me by saying the case has arrived. Like an anxious child I dig into the box and eye the case; a few minutes pass before I realize that Performance-pcs.com has sent me the VANILLA MODEL! ARGH I paid the extra $30 for the pre-perforated side panel and the exhaust fan (or so I thought)! Turns out that the side fan is an option (@ $16!) whereas it's totally visible in the pictures on their site.. *sigh* Hopefully their support says all the right things to me tomorrow...

I'm really looking at the enermax infiniti 720, but I will buy elsewhere if they cannot get me.

Hey RonindeBeatrice! It's Nowyoudie from OCN. Enjoy your stay!

Hey buddy; were you surprised as I that there are other forums on the net? lol, I kid; I kid

PPS fudged my order on my A05B also by forgetting to put in the window lol, they paid ship for both ways though.

I paid the extra $30 for the pre-perforated side panel and the exhaust fan (or so I thought)! Turns out that the side fan is an option (@ $16!) whereas it's totally visible in the pictures on their site.. *sigh* Hopefully their support says all the right things to me tomorrow...

I ordered 1 vanilla, and 1 w/ the g50 panel.

I emailed them about the fan set, they said it was an extra $16.. I was like "don't deceive people by putting it in the pictures then :p"

It's not coming till next week, but we'll see if they screwed up or not...

I can't find the G50 panel anywhere else, otherwise I would have ordered it somewhere else. I'm willing to bet they ordered replacement g50 panels from lian-li. Then slapped the panels on vanilla A05's, then took the stock A05 panels and used them to cut windows, and if they screwed up on cutting/installing one they had backups. :)

I ordered 1 vanilla, and 1 w/ the g50 panel.

I emailed them about the fan set, they said it was an extra $16.. I was like "don't deceive people by putting it in the pictures then :p"

It's not coming till next week, but we'll see if they screwed up or not...

I can't find the G50 panel anywhere else, otherwise I would have ordered it somewhere else. I'm willing to bet they ordered replacement g50 panels from lian-li. Then slapped the panels on vanilla A05's, then took the stock A05 panels and used them to cut windows, and if they screwed up on cutting/installing one they had backups. :)

If the fan isn't included in the plus II (although pictured), then why in the world are they charging $30 more for that case over the regular one? Do they think I paid $30 for holes?

You're probably right regarding taking the G50 side panels and just throwing them on the A05's because I cannot find a A05-PlusII mentioned anywhere on lian li's site, or elsewhere on the net for that matter. If I had been wise to their game from the start I never would have ordered from them.

Edit: I just got off the phone with performance-pcs and they asked that I take photos of the side panel and e-mail them. It's not looking good ATM. I believe this will likely be my final purchase with them.

My order from them went flawlessly, I ordered the extra sidepanel and 2 different models of LL fans/brackets for it. Anyway, I also used the Enermax Infinity 720 in my case, it looks nice! :cool:

I used the sunbeam wherever pci rack, and i had to use 2 bolts for the fan closest to the front of the case.

Previously the 8800 was hitting high 90s-100s on a daily basis. Now it loads at low 70s in my hot room.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Looks like I'll have to cut it down as it would be in the way of my 38mm fan.

I'm still debating whether or not i want to go through the trouble of de-riveting the top panel and adding a 1 or 2 fans and a radgrill. I'm trying to go for quiet and mroe fans isn't gonna help with that, lol. Speaking of which, the fans that come with the case are balls, I gotta use em for now till ncix get more scythe slipstreams in stock. :(

If the fan isn't included in the plus II (although pictured), then why in the world are they charging $30 more for that case over the regular one? Do they think I paid $30 for holes?

You're probably right regarding taking the G50 side panels and just throwing them on the A05's because I cannot find a A05-PlusII mentioned anywhere on lian li's site, or elsewhere on the net for that matter. If I had been wise to their game from the start I never would have ordered from them.

Edit: I just got off the phone with performance-pcs and they asked that I take photos of the side panel and e-mail them. It's not looking good ATM. I believe this will likely be my final purchase with them.

It kinda sucks, the G50 is $100 and includes the fan/duct and the side-panel.

Unfortunately I can't find anyway to find a G50 panel, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere. I did pay $25 more for holes :p Oh well..

It kinda sucks, the G50 is $100 and includes the fan/duct and the side-panel.

Unfortunately I can't find anyway to find a G50 panel, otherwise I would have gone elsewhere. I did pay $25 more for holes :p Oh well..

Isn't that how much the G50 panel is if you order it seperately from PPC's? My order went through flawlessly.

It's $130 for the A05 w/ G50 panel, $105 without the G50 panel.

but newegg ran out of stock of the free shipping for $99... :(

Could have ordered 2 A05's from newegg and a G50 panel... oh well :D

Other note

Does anyone know who makes the stock 120 fans on the case? newegg has free shipping on fans and I'm debating on what to get...

They're branded as Lian Li fans but spec wise they are similar to Yate Loon D12SL-12's.
Lian Li specs
Spec. for 12cm 2-balls bearing DC Brush less fan :
1. Air Flow - 1.50m³ / min (53.0CFM)
2. Speed - 1500 rpm ¡Ó 10%
3. Acoustical Noise - 25.6dBA (Max. 26.25dBA)

Yate Loons
RPM: 1350 +/- 10%
CFM: 47
dB: 28

I can tell you (as a D12SL-12 owner now) that the Lian Li fans are not as low on the dB scale as the Yate Loons, and they also don't push as much air. I'd probably guess that the Lian Li fans are more like 35-40 cfm @ 35 dB (but that's just a guess).

I can tell you (as a D12SL-12 owner now) that the Lian Li fans are not as low on the dB scale as the Yate Loons, and they also don't push as much air. I'd probably guess that the Lian Li fans are more like 35-40 cfm @ 35 dB (but that's just a guess).

I agree, the stock fans aren't that great. I would recommend some yate loons.

They're branded as Lian Li fans but spec wise they are similar to Yate Loon D12SL-12's.
Lian Li specs

Yate Loons

Also, the stock Lian-Li's don't undervolt well compared to Yate Loons. I would get a chopping/knocking noise when I hooked the stock Lian-Li's up to a fan controller. Yate Loons worked perfectly.

Found a site with 4 Yateloons for $20 shipped

Should I go Low or Medium speed?

I'm probably going to go medium just because I'm not super sensitive to noise, but my current antec900 is getting a bit too loud for me.

I'm probably going to go medium just because I'm not super sensitive to noise, but my current antec900 is getting a bit too loud for me.

which site would that be? please share ;)

;)

www.jab-tech.com

they have them for $3.50 but if you buy 3 or more it drops to $3.00 for some, and $3.15 for others

Shipping was $6 to my house so it ended up $20.60 or very close to $20...

I think I'll just go medium speed, I'd rather have "too much" and run lower voltage than have too little.

;)

www.jab-tech.com

they have them for $3.50 but if you buy 3 or more it drops to $3.00 for some, and $3.15 for others

Shipping was $6 to my house so it ended up $20.60 or very close to $20...

I think I'll just go medium speed, I'd rather have "too much" and run lower voltage than have too little.

Thanks! ;)

There's so many to choose from, not sure which one. Quiet > cooling for my situation since I don't have a hot graphics card and I don't overclock... But a bunch of hard drives and optical drives.

I usually get them here: http://www.svc.com/silent-fan120.html
with free local in-store pickup

I think the lows are sufficient in the amount of air they move, but that's just IMO. I think they're perfect, really. Quiet enough to be barely noticeable, but at a price that's low enough to order several at once and not break the bank (ie unlike quieter $20+ SilenX/Scythe fans).

I'm not sure what open/closed corners means. but the medium speeds I ordered said they were closed.

Closed corners won't work with the rubber fan mounting kits but are fine with screws. Yo can always use a dremel to "open" the corner if you need to. (pictures showing the difference between open and closed corners are here)

Gotcha, I figured it was something small. I plan to use screws so I'm not concerned, I guess if I need to I can dremel it out :)

Also, the stock Lian-Li's don't undervolt well compared to Yate Loons. I would get a chopping/knocking noise when I hooked the stock Lian-Li's up to a fan controller. Yate Loons worked perfectly.

Yeah they really don't under volt well at all. Though I do have two installed still and I finally got all the panels on last night and the idle sound level was very good, better then I expected. AbitEQ keeps them at 6v pretty much all the time. I cant wait till NCIX gets more slipstreams!1!one!! :D mad:

All my computer parts are finally here and beginning my install. How do you take off the front fan? I am trying to replace it with a Yate Loon.

All my computer parts are finally here and beginning my install. How do you take off the front fan? I am trying to replace it with a Yate Loon.
Take the front off the case, unscrew the fan, and it slides out the bottom where the PSU should sit.

Lian Li specs

Yate Loons

the Lian-Li stock fans have traditionally been ADDA's, so I would not be suprised if they are the same in the A05

Back