I deep fried my computer, literally!

Sc4freak

Limp Gawd
drdeutsch said:
You've made 435 diggs and the front page!
If you have a link that would be nice. :D

And sorry for the image downtime, I hadn't realised it went down. I've reuploaded them, hopefully this host won't explode.

And wow, this thread has over 100,000 views.

The Red

[H]ard|Gawd
neato!

but i'm not impressed till I see em cook a turkey using prescotts !! or better yet, a core2duo.

OEM

Fully [H]
I thought the tin pan that it was in would short it out. I guess the oil some how acted as an insulator?

revenant

[H]F Junkie
holy thread resurrection batman.. how did I miss this one? lol.. too funny..

jmackay

2[H]4U
We call them crisps.
One of our more popular brand is 'walkers' they may be called 'Lays' in america, i don't know for sure but they are in spain.

Man just goes to show that Americans are lazy, you have "walkers" and we are just "lay"ing around.:D

MikeHunt79

n00b
Just seen this... amazing! I don't think the solder would've melted... You'd need to get it way above 200degrees C wouldn't you? I woulda washed the motherboard first tho. ;):eek:

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
This seriously makes me wanna go get some fries.

Also, I love how the OP never commented again on if he actually ate those "chips"...lol

blackinches

Limp Gawd
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ likes deep fried food.

Wow I just found this when I searched for hardforum in google!:p That is crazy!
(i was already on google and didnt feel like typing in the [H] URL!:))

soundguy

Limp Gawd
god, can't believe i missed this thread...

nice job man, even if you don't come on here any more...

Omegas

[H]F Junkie
Silly Reddit, we've gone way past this to frying eggs on vid cards.. Oh and we bake MB's now, more healthy! :D

davidlem

Gawd
Does nobody notice the black cable going under the pan to something white with a rounded edge - almost like an electric hot plate...? No black cables go into the pan over the sides and the PSU is powered from the opposite side of the pic.

You've been duped.

jamsomito

2[H]4U
525x348px-LL-bf1c3650_HolyNecroPost_759032.jpeg

Johnx64

[H]F Junkie
But I soon became hungry for a fried snack - and since I had used all the oil in the house I couldn't fry myself anything. Then I had a brilliant idea. Why not use the oil that the computer's in?

I placed an electric stove under the aluminum tray, and turned it to full blast. Soon, the oil reached frying temperature and I dumped a few chips into there. Meanwhile, the computer was still happily chugging along running Quake 3.

Does nobody notice the black cable going under the pan to something white with a rounded edge - almost like an electric hot plate...? No black cables go into the pan over the sides and the PSU is powered from the opposite side of the pic.

You've been duped.

What?