Humble Origin Bundle

Still makes EA look good, just change your sliders so you don't give EA the money.

No matter what, you can't give EA any of the money. So you hate that a company is doing something to make itself look good while making customers happy?

I hate the company that offers second rate software to paying customers. I hate the company that had an EULA that allowed them to share your internet history, installed programs and basically any obtainable info on your PC with second parties. I hate the company that ruined the sim city franchise with one of the worst launches in history. Yes, I dislike EA.

I dislike EA too, but I can't really fault them for this. Sure, it's an obvious publicity stunt, but who cares?

I hate the company that offers second rate software to paying customers. I hate the company that had an EULA that allowed them to share your internet history, installed programs and basically any obtainable info on your PC with second parties. I hate the company that ruined the sim city franchise with one of the worst launches in history. Yes, I dislike EA.

You cared that much about Sim City? Really? Also, that EULA changed faster than a sex friend to a wife of a husband that came home early from work. I'm mad they fucked up C&C, but it doesn't stop me from still enjoy BF and Dead Space and Crysis and whatnot. Hell, I still get NHL games every year. Also, how are these games second rate? Second rate to fucking what?

First Sim City was a great franchise, could be your'e not a fan or too young to have played the originals?

Second I said second rate software referring to origin, which is relatively shitty in my experience. I have WAY more issues with it than steam (like dead space 3 simply not downloading for a few days). To be fair use it, I still play some of the games (more to support the dev's not the publisher), it's just not as good as the competition.

I'm surprised people are defending EA. So a company stomps on your rights, says "oh we'll stop now" and you just forgive them? Go you I guess? I guess the guy that stole your credit card info and spent $20,000 in Mexico is sorry too....might as well forgive and forget?

My two cents? You make a massive mistake that you aren't actually sorry for, you should be punished. I guess that's just me tho.

Second I said second rate software referring to origin, which is relatively shitty in my experience.

from my experience I have had far better results with Origin than Steam, so I guess Steam is second rate because of my INDIVIDUAL sample.

First Sim City was a great franchise, could be your'e not a fan or too young to have played the originals?

Second I said second rate software referring to origin, which is relatively shitty in my experience. I have WAY more issues with it than steam (like dead space 3 simply not downloading for a few days). To be fair use it, I still play some of the games (more to support the dev's not the publisher), it's just not as good as the competition.

I'm surprised people are defending EA. So a company stomps on your rights, says "oh we'll stop now" and you just forgive them? Go you I guess? I guess the guy that stole your credit card info and spent $20,000 in Mexico is sorry too....might as well forgive and forget?

My two cents? You make a massive mistake that you aren't actually sorry for, you should be punished. I guess that's just me tho.

I guess if some guy that stole my credit card was giving away a bunch of cool shit and giving all the money to charity I wouldn't really give a shit cuz this is a horrible analogy

:rolleyes:

point taken: origin doesn't do what steam does, whoopity doo

I'd rather they add something like sim city to the bundle... but the servers probably couldn't handle the spike.

Otherwise they'll probably add something underwhelming like dragon age or mass effect

I'd rather they add something like sim city to the bundle... but the servers probably couldn't handle the spike.

Otherwise they'll probably add something underwhelming like dragon age or mass effect

If they add Dead Space 2, I'll be happy. I still need to beat DS2 so I can play some co-op of DS3.

Heh, to each their own I guess. I could care less about Sim City (I like the franchise but hate the online-centric play and limited city size of the new one).

I wouldn't really call Dragon Age or ME underwhelming...sure they are older games but a lot of people here are hoping for Dead Space 2 and (I say this as a huge fan of the DS series) it wasn't considered nearly as epic as DA or ME. I already own the first ME and wouldn't mind if they added 2 and 3, but I don't see that happening for whatever reason. I'd guess that the list of anticipated bonus games that was posted earlier in the thread is probably going to be more or less correct.

Thats the whole point of the humble bundle... Publicity.

The initial point was to get a bunch of indie games into the hands of players who would normally not be either (a) aware of them or (b) willing to pay full price for them. Its only been within the past year that the Corporate Developers and Distributors have hopped on to the bandwagon. And as a person who is genuinely a year or two behind AAA releases I love the direction its going and could care less about the "evil deeds" that any of the Developers or Distributors have done. If a game is something I enjoy at a great price I don't care if the President of the Company has to come over to my house and watch me play it in order for it work.

The initial point was to get a bunch of indie games into the hands of players who would normally not be either (a) aware of them or (b) willing to pay full price for them. .

So in other words is all about publicity...

Seriously, why not update it with Dead Space 2 or something at least, to finish off the series?

^ Yeah, I was hoping for that, too. Headlines a week from now will read, "Dead Space 2 sales skyrocket following the Humble Origin Bundle" :p

Burnout is horrible. Geesh, uninstalling now.

You have to get past the initial unskippable tutorials, ignore the "sign up for whatever blah blah" online service, and then drive around a bit and get some unlocks. But once you're past all of that, its a pretty good game. The world map size is a bit small though...Wasn't bad for 2008 on a console when I first played it (had gamefly at the time).

Seriously, why not update it with Dead Space 2 or something at least, to finish off the series?

Wow, as if the current list of games is not good enough people demand more. And we wonder why everyone thinks PC gamers are a bunch of whiny bitches?

Because you aren't entitled to shit but what you purchased?! Seriously?

omg, this!

I think you have greed or entitlement confused with the fact that bonus games are the status quo on Humble Bundles. If there's no bonus titles added, this would be the first bundle never to include them.

I think you have greed or entitlement confused with the fact that bonus games are the status quo on Humble Bundles. If there's no bonus titles added, this would be the first bundle never to include them.

Regardless. The fact remains, they don't owe you shit. This is the first Origin bundle. You paid what you paid for the games offered.

Regardless. The fact remains, they don't owe you shit. This is the first Origin bundle. You paid what you paid for the games offered.

No one said anyone was owed anything. Someone just mentioned that it would make sense for the bonus to be Dead Space 2, and then you twisted it way out of proportion.

Bonus games added: Populous and C&C Red Alert 3: Uprising when you pay above the average. Populous is Origin only and C&C is on Steam and Origin.

It looks like the bonus games are up...

C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising and Populous

If anyone wants my keys for the Sims, C&C: Red Alert, or Populous PM me. First come first served.

All Keys Gone.

Last edited:
If anyone wants my keys for the Sims, C&C: Red Alert, or Populous PM me. First come first served.
sweet. I was just thinking how much I loved populous (and why there hasn't been a suitable modern update) but I don't know that it's worth $6 bucks to me

I think EA heard all the complaining and didn't want to be the first not to give bonus games so they looked through their desk drawers and dusted these games off and said, "Here, give them these."

Back