Humble Bundle - Borderlands

I was just coming here to post this.

One thing worth pointing out also, is this bundle includes a coupon for 75% off Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which is $60, so you can get all three games and a bunch of the dlc for just over $20.

Anyone willing to trade BL2? I have a lot of games to offer just PM.. =)..

Nm...looks like keys are by tier so you can get BL2 out of the bundle to trade, but here is the disclaimer...

NOTE: Keys in this bundle are packaged together by tier and cannot be separated. Redeeming packaged keys on Steam will not produce Steam gifts for items already in your library.

Thanks I'm in, I love humble bundle. Still have a bunch of games to beat from the last time I bought one.

Is it worth it to buy the "more than $15" ADD-ONS? I've never heard of any of those additional titles. I'm not a big fps player, but I've heard tons of good about this game, so I figured if I can pick it up cheap, it'd be worth it even though my backlog is miles long.

Is it worth it to buy the "more than $15" ADD-ONS? I've never heard of any of those additional titles. I'm not a big fps player, but I've heard tons of good about this game, so I figured if I can pick it up cheap, it'd be worth it even though my backlog is miles long.

All those $15 things are just BL2 DLC other than the merch coupon.

https://steamdb.info/sub/71559/apps/

Looks like they're going to include all of the story dlcs next week (rest of the headhunters for bl2 and claptrap revolution for bl).

Would the season pass not get you all those ?

This is so complicated I don't know whether to bite or not, or whether it's a good deal or not, or what the hell you have to pay to just get everything.

I hate the idea of a "season pass". I've never bought anything with a "season pass" before. To me, it sounds like "buy this subscription, and after a year, you won't be able to play this content anymore."

I hate the idea of a "season pass". I've never bought anything with a "season pass" before. To me, it sounds like "buy this subscription, and after a year, you won't be able to play this content anymore."

Yes they do in fact usually suck. Borderlands has been out for quite a while now so given the price if you don't own the games this is a fantastic deal and yes that includes the season pass.

Yes they do in fact usually suck. Borderlands has been out for quite a while now so given the price if you don't own the games this is a fantastic deal and yes that includes the season pass.

Thank you for actually directly answering my question. :D

most people own BL2 and the dlc.. it DOES say more coming, so it'll be the rest, i assume. Even at a dollar, getting BL1 and some of the dlc is a GREAT deal. I'll be picking this up, as I don't own BL1, but have heard it's better than the second. Good looking out, OP.

The Bundle is not worth it at the current price. BL2 with all the DLC including the current Humble $15 Vault Hunter DLC has been $5-7 recently.

The Bundle is not worth it at the current price. BL2 with all the DLC including the current Humble $15 Vault Hunter DLC has been $5-7 recently.

Well, for that same price you can get BL1 with DLC and a 75% off coupon for BL the pre-sequel, which knocks it's price down to $15.

Sure it's not a 90% off sale for all BL games, but it's still a pretty good deal, and of course at the same time you get to help a the National Videogame Museum.

Can't recommend these games highly enough. Got hundreds of hours out of each. Running through Borderlands 1 again for the 9th or 10th time, still a blast. Running it at 4K as well with DSR and it really makes the cell shading look sharp.

Having trouble getting the 75% off coupon for the last BL game. They haven't responded to my emails. Yet.

Does anyone know if the 75% off coupon is separate from the other keys? If so, doe anyone have one to spare?

I'd hate to re-buy content that I already own.

Why would someone play Borderlands 1 over Borderlands 2?

Borderlands 1 = wasn't just the original, it had soul. It was heavy on the wasteland atmosphere (think Mad Max, Fallout 3, RAGE), the droning ambient music really fit the maps and gameplay like a glove, there was more gore - you could blow off heads and arms, the weapons had balls - the revolvers and sniper rifles in particular had a nice heavy THWACK to them, additional playthroughs with other classes weren't boring, the drops were better - the loot table was far less stingy on the legendaries, I could go on.

Borderlands 2 = replaced the gritty Mad Max atmosphere of BL1 with a "space cowboy" theme and oversaturated colors, guns feel like toy space guns, additional playthroughs were kind of tedious once you'd seen everything once, the gameplay was more homogenized and gore was removed to cater to a wider audience (console kids) so enemies just flop over when shot, I could go on.

The story and campaign is more fleshed out in BL2, I'll give it that, and the graphics a little better. In fact BL2 was my introduction to the series - put 200 hours in and then my friend insisted I try BL1. For the first ten minutes I was scratching my head thinking "these graphics are a step back" but then quickly I realized the game had a special "something" to it, something indescribable that was missing from BL2, and I was hooked. Mordecai spec'd into pistols & sniper rifles + a good revolver like a Pestilent Defiler with a scope on it = epic first playthrough.

Last edited:
More goods unlocked. Still waiting until the Full package of BL2 comes out on Bundle Stars or an xmas time sale for sub $8 for the complete game with all dlc. It will happen as it has with BL1.

Ok, I finally got everything.

It looks like I own everything ever made Borderlands. Cost me $30 total.

Already own BL1 and BL2. I'll wait until BL3 hits $5.

Not really worth the price for the short DLC most of which appears to be SP...?

Back