Humble bundle arma

Excellent deal IMO. ArmA 3 has had some free weekends on Steam, I think, so if you are on the fence you could wait for another one of those. But $15 for the whole series (minus the ArmA 3 DLC) is a great deal.

Lowest ArmA 3 ever went on Steam was $20 for the base game.

Reactions: DPI
like this
never played any of these games b4, do they have good single player ? or is this one of those good at multiplayer only ones?

Neither the single player nor multi is good.

I have over 1000 hours in Arma games.

never played any of these games b4, do they have good single player ? or is this one of those good at multiplayer only ones?

the single player is amazing, no need to ever go multi if you don't want to..

do yourself a favor though and go play Operation Flashpoint (The original by Bohemia Studios).. :)

the single player is amazing, no need to ever go multi if you don't want to..

do yourself a favor though and go play Operation Flashpoint (The original by Bohemia Studios).. :)

Did not realize Bohemia actually made OF...

I got both OF's in some previous humble bundle. I enjoyed OF: Dragon Rising, but got about 3 missions into Red River before uninstalling that crap. Dragon wasn't amazing (though I was admittedly playing it many years after release), but I liked the vaguely realistic vibe I got from it. Reminded me a bit of the best mods for BF2 (AIX, etc.).

I've been watching for a sale as I heard ARMA was cut from a similar cloth, but never have seen ARMAIII below $20--so this is probably as good a sale as it gets.

Just fair warning to those that haven't played the games. The control system they have in place can be very complex and unintuitive. It definitely takes some getting used to, but the game can be really fun if you stick with it. I, personally, really only play the mods with friends, but we always have a blast with it.

Did not realize Bohemia actually made OF...

I got both OF's in some previous humble bundle. I enjoyed OF: Dragon Rising, but got about 3 missions into Red River before uninstalling that crap. Dragon wasn't amazing (though I was admittedly playing it many years after release), but I liked the vaguely realistic vibe I got from it. Reminded me a bit of the best mods for BF2 (AIX, etc.).

I've been watching for a sale as I heard ARMA was cut from a similar cloth, but never have seen ARMAIII below $20--so this is probably as good a sale as it gets.

Those are the codemaster titles. The one you are looking for is renamed Arma Cold War assault :). This was the original Operation Flashpoint game.

Just fair warning to those that haven't played the games. The control system they have in place can be very complex and unintuitive. It definitely takes some getting used to, but the game can be really fun if you stick with it. I, personally, really only play the mods with friends, but we always have a blast with it.

I wouldn't really say they are unintuitive, especially with ArmA 3...just complex. There are a lot of different granular stances/movement modes, as well as multiple control sets for land vehicles/aircraft/boats/etc. It's more like the flight sims of old where most of the keys are being used for something or other.

Co-op MP with mods is the best way to enjoy this game, IMO.

Yes. You can download SP scenarios from the Steam Workshop or make your own. Some of the coop missions are fun with a buddy or two but there are so many mods that it's hard to weed through the good ones and crap. The launcher may take some getting used to. Overall great game.

Back