HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

eCOST Update:

So I figured that even if someone else has reported this, it would help to share the time I purchased my 16gb Touchpad. My eCost account is now showing my touchpad as shipped, complete with FedEx tracking number. I placed my order at 11:27 AM PT on Sunday Morning. Hopes this helps/encourages someone.

As for my 32gb onSale touchpad... well, not looking so good since I ordered at 3:22 PM PT. Since the 16gb was intended for my parents, hopefully I'll get another crack at a 32gb once HP gets some units back or once NewEgg gets its act together.

All I want is 2 of them, Apparently its hard. :(
Join the club. My GF and dad's birthdays are both coming up and they both want a tablet so we sat on the sofa and bought three of them on Amazon thinking that in the time it took us to pass the computer around they'd sell out. Little did we know that it's one per person so I'm on the lookout for one for me and one for my GF (assuming the one from Amazon even ships)

eCOST Update:

So I figured that even if someone else has reported this, it would help to share the time I purchased my 16gb Touchpad. My eCost account is now showing my touchpad as shipped, complete with FedEx tracking number. I placed my order at 11:27 AM PT on Sunday Morning. Hopes this helps/encourages someone.

As for my 32gb onSale touchpad... well, not looking so good since I ordered at 3:22 PM PT. Since the 16gb was intended for my parents, hopefully I'll get another crack at a 32gb once HP gets some units back or once NewEgg gets its act together.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the two brands, along with macmall, are one corporation. IDK what this means exactly, but i think any facts regarding one shop are blanket statements for all three. If I'm right, it's promising news for all of us holding our breath.

I forgot to say, big thanks for the post, it was obviously made with helping the community in mind. I'd plus rep if I could.

Last edited:
The shipping weight for the order of one HP Touchpad at TigerDirect shows as
4.70 lbs from UPS. Shouldn't the shipping weight be around 2.1~2.5 lbs?

eCOST Update:

+1.

My eCost order is now showing shipped as well. :D

My 32gb Touchpad is on the way via FedEx!

My order confirmation came in at 11:43 AM PT on Sunday, so maybe other eCost orderers can get a vague idea of if they'll get it or not.

Best of luck guys... it's been a real trial.

+1.

My eCost order is now showing shipped as well. :D

My 32gb Touchpad is on the way via FedEx!

My order confirmation came in at 11:43 AM PT on Sunday, so maybe other eCost orderers can get a vague idea of if they'll get it or not.

Best of luck guys... it's been a real trial.

My 32gb from ecost is still showing processing. :confused: My confirmation email came at 11:21 AM PT on Sunday.

So I guess I will wait some more.

My order confirmation from ecost came in at 1:26pm CT, so 11:26am PT.. and mine is showing as backordered.

My ecost order from 11:20 PT also back ordered

I did get a call from on sale last night asking me to verify that I made the purchase and saying it would be shipped though so will see about that one.

Ecost isnt showing up anything in the order number

Onsale is showing up at shipping soon.

Best buy shipped from Columbus OH

The shipping weight for the order of one HP Touchpad at TigerDirect shows as
4.70 lbs from UPS. Shouldn't the shipping weight be around 2.1~2.5 lbs?

Mine shows 4.70 lbs from amazon lightning deal... will be here tomorrow.

Has anybody had their Touchpad ship from Amazon/Onsale? Mine still shows as shipping soon. Order was placed Sunday afternoon (around 6pm).

Has anybody had their Touchpad ship from Amazon/Onsale? Mine still shows as shipping soon. Order was placed Sunday afternoon (around 6pm).

I thought those were all confirmed as cancelled?

Someone spoke with CSR there and was told none of those orders were getting filled.

I ordered one from HP academy at like 11pm Friday night, it still has not shipped. People that have ordered WAY before me have had theirs shipped already....bullshit

I thought those were all confirmed as cancelled?

Someone spoke with CSR there and was told none of those orders were getting filled.

I haven't heard anything yet one way or the other on my order. I also ordered one yesterday from HP SMB and it still shows up in the HP system with an order number.

I'm going to end up getting way more of these than I need.

Decided to check my status(es) too:

eCost: Shipped / Ship Method: USPS (Mail, APO's, FPO's) / Ship Date: August 22, 2011
Order Placed: Sunday, August 21, 2011 1:27 PM

onSale via Amazon: Still "shipping soon", today is the last day on their "shipping estimate" so we will see if it goes out.
Order Placed: Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:13 PM

HP SMB: Your order is approved and being sent to order management.
Order Placed: Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:58 PM

So we will see what happens to the last two orders there.

Me and my GF ordered 1 each from BN, and so far the order is still pending to ship 8/24.

Didn't get a cancel message yet, so we shall see what happens...

My status on eCost updated to SHIPPED with a tracking number. Never got an email notification.

Insight is showing in stock right now but online ordering craps out at confirmation. Call them at 800-INSIGHT if you want one.

Not looking good for my onsale order. If anyone gets an extra 16gb unit I would like to buy one.

Hrm, my order from BB weighs 3.7lbs. Either I'm getting 2/3s of a Touchpad or some of yall are getting boxes of rocks. For those of you with the heavier boxes did you order any accessories?

My status on eCost updated to SHIPPED with a tracking number. Never got an email notification.

Insight is showing in stock right now but online ordering craps out at confirmation. Call them at 800-INSIGHT if you want one.

Is Insight selling them for $99/$149? I'm still seeing them at regular prices.

Hrm, my order from BB weighs 3.7lbs. Either I'm getting 2/3s of a Touchpad or some of yall are getting boxes of rocks. For those of you with the heavier boxes did you order any accessories?

My order from HP with 2 HP Touchpads where shipped in separate boxes weighing 3.7 pounds each. Either there is extras in there or rocks like you said lol.

I have 2 seperate orders last night from HP SB - the order with 5 units says processing and the order for 2 says that I need to call and talk to an idiot.

I saw that they were cheap yesterday, but sold out -- luckily enough I buy stuff from PCConnection for work, so I sent my guy Mark an email asking if they were going to be doing the price reduction also, and they were, so I ordered one. So.... if you have a companuy that you work with that still has them in stock, ask them if they're going to be reducing them.

(A co-worker tried PCConnection later in the day and they were out)

Maybe an HP reseller could help out the people who still need them?

Called into HP just adjust shipping on one my order (which in the end I didn't do)

a quick recap:

-poor guy said everyone in his office missed out on getting any
-HP sells the Touchpads to Newegg for X amount, Newegg sells them to us for X amount
-HP is refunding Newegg the difference, Newegg can pass that onto us if they want
-If you placed an order on HPSMB on Saturday you still have a pretty solid chance
-Don't change anything with your order (shipping, etc), you'll lose your place in HP's line
-They are sick of taking calls about the touchpad

lol

Back