HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

My HP order shipped out. Though I guess HP was way ahead of the game, my tablets were delivered on September 2, 2010 according to Fedex. I hate those kind of glitches.

anyone know where to get in on one for $99? I placed an order with B&N but I'm expecting the cancellation any minute.

Man, so many fucking websites that cannot implement working inventory tracking systems in 2011

this shit is hilarious

According to a Slickdealer things are looking up for those of us with Cost Central orders:

Got an order confirmation # from them at least, B&N was a joke and just tied up some paypal funds, went to the bank this mourning and the HP orders I linked to earlier had charged $1.00 each, so absolutely nothing concrete yet
Amazon through onSale order says delivery estimate 8/25-8/30, I won't believe any of it 'til they're in hand

Got an order confirmation # from them at least, B&N was a joke and just tied up some paypal funds, went to the bank this mourning and the HP orders I linked to earlier had charged $1.00 each, so absolutely nothing concrete yet
Amazon through onSale order says delivery estimate 8/25-8/30, I won't believe any of it 'til they're in hand

Is there any way to contact Onsale to confirm the orders?

Man, so many fucking websites that cannot implement working inventory tracking systems in 2011

this shit is hilarious

Yes, yes it is hilarious and stupid at the same time. B&N was showing stock available this morning at about 6:00am CST. That deal was posted last night on SD at about 11:30. There's no way they had sufficient stocks to fulfill all those orders that were placed in that time frame.

All of these e-tailers and retailers hopefully learn from this and get better inventory tracking systems.

Yes, yes it is hilarious and stupid at the same time. B&N was showing stock available this morning at about 6:00am CST. That deal was posted last night on SD at about 11:30. There's no way they had sufficient stocks to fulfill all those orders that were placed in that time frame.

All of these e-tailers and retailers hopefully learn from this and get better inventory tracking systems.
They never do... this isn't the first time for most of these places :p

Really odd situation for me. I ordered 3 from BN last night -- and never got an email from them / doesn't show up in my orders page. But -as far as I can tell, the charge is on hold with my CC...

this shit is hilarious

Cannot or don't want to? Remember, if there is a hot deal - ESPECIALLY if there is a hot deal on an item - these online sellers have an automatic way to add potentially thousands of new consumers (suckers) to their information databases and emailing lists.

B&N, MacMall, HP now all have my email, CC#, address and phone info or some combo of those for something I will never receive from them. In fact the only thing I am guaranteed to receive from them is fucking trash spam email and in the case of MacMall an actually paper catalog in my mailbox. There is no incentive to have a working inventory tracking system and at least some incentive not to.

Lovely article, lets see it wasn't competitive at the same price point as the iPad and the Android Honeycomb (which personally I was shooting for), but at $99-$150 its an unbelievable deal. It will serve me well for reading my PDF files in class during labs, I'm not to worried about someone stealing it or it breaking and I can browse the fully featured web with flash support.

Both customer service # for Cost Central and OnSale are both down.... hmmmmm...

I ordered from B&N last night before it appeared on sick deals thanks to a [H] member and its telling me to call there service number...only problem is with there call volume they are simply disconnecting after like 2 minutes on hold...so I can't talk to anyone.

I just wonder how long this madness can go on. The thread over at SD has already been shut down three times due to number of posts and a new thread was started. Presently, it's up to 4.5 million views!

I cannot recall any sort of "hot deal" that came close to this mayhem. Servers fried, customer service call centers shut down, etc. It's freaking crazy.

I wonder if HP ever considered selling these at a lose and just trying to make the money back on their cut from apps and accessories?

Awesome!

Just called MacMall, "I'm so sorry 25 minutes ago we sold the last of our 4,000 units. The product is discontinued and we will not carry it anymore. If you have a blog for forum please let them know."

Guess they're hoping to stop all the calls! :)

I already responded to that article and the author can't read HP's mind on this matter, I was thinking more along the lines of the hypothetical (and a bloody brilliant idea).

The bill of materials for the Touchpad was $318 I believe, so it would be a pretty massive loss for HP. Doubt it was on purpose. However, the could capitalize on the situation through software services, app stores, licensing, etc.

This mayhem has been amazing to watch; it's like a zombie apocalypse on black Friday!

This mayhem has been amazing to watch; it's like a zombie apocalypse on black Friday!

This is hands down the best description for this situation I've heard so far. All I can do now is hold my breath until mine ships. I've been watch all the guides and reviews on this device I can find and I can say I'm really looking forward to it, looks like a good device for the price.

NewEgg Chat -
We are currently experiencing high chat volume. We appreciate your patience.

10:47:14 : If you are contacting us regarding the pricing of the HP Tablets, we do not have an update at this time.

The bill of materials for the Touchpad was $318 I believe, so it would be a pretty massive loss for HP. Doubt it was on purpose. However, the could capitalize on the situation through software services, app stores, licensing, etc.

Seriously though.. it is like HP is preparing for financial armegeddon...(tinfoil hat on).

:eek:

These are like the Obama phones.. .. so we can call these the Obama Ipads lol.

I ordered mine at 9:05 PDT last night (one of the first in). And my B&N order for two still says "Not Yet Shipped". I could really use one for lab (the other one is for my Lawyer Bro).

this shit is hilarious

This++. 1999 called & it want's it's internet shopping carts back.

My BN status says: expected ship date: Aug 24th.

LOL at the Gizmodo article, most non tech people I know that would buy the HP TouchPad wouldn't update past the first update anyways (if that). This is one of the best deals for introducing someone to tablets.

LOL at the Gizmodo article, most non tech people I know that would buy the HP TouchPad wouldn't update past the first update anyways (if that). This is one of the best deals for introducing someone to tablets.

And most tech enthusiasts will want faster hardware within three years anyway. How long was the iPad out before people started talking iPad 2? The idea that people are buying a tablet as some sort of long term keeper is silly. They are just like desktops or laptops in that respect. People will hold onto them until they want something better. Period.

And most tech enthusiasts will want faster hardware by, at MOST, three years anyway. How long was the iPad out before people started talking iPad 2? The idea that people are buying a tablet as some sort of long term keeper is silly. They are just like desktops or laptops in that respect. People will hold onto them until they want something better. Period.

iPad3 slated for 1st quarter of 2012

my onSale order through Amazon is still holding strong. Surprisingly. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets cancelled at any point.

Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011

They probably over sold and are now cleaning on a first come first serve bases. Hoping my Onsale.com order doesn't get cancelled, then again they had a stock of 4k.

Back