HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

I have 3 DIR-655 routers in the house and 1 DIR-601. 2 Touchpads in the house and have had no problem using them. Using WPA2 on the routers. Although my TP does drop occasionally when using wifi tether on my android.

None of mine can maintain a steady connection. Sometimes I'll get lucky but usually when I leave it overnight it'll crap out by morning.

Would you mind sharing what wireless settings you are using?

Thanks

None of mine can maintain a steady connection. Sometimes I'll get lucky but usually when I leave it overnight it'll crap out by morning.

Thanks

stop trolling n00bs.

I'm loving the TouchPad. I've never used an iPad or any other tablet before so I can't do a comparison, but the screen is great(I run at about 1/3 brightness), no wifi issues(WRT54G), no problems with the Kindle app and I don't understand the complaints of sluggishness.

I wonder how long it is till Andriod is running on it :) That is really the only reason I got one....

Thanks

Wireless Radio : Enabled
802.11 Mode : 11bgn
Channel Width : 20/40 MHz
Channel : 11

Security Mode: WPA Personal
WPA Mode: WPA2
Cipher Type: AES
Group Key Update Interval : 3600

Well I gave up, bought a Lenovo Tablet K1 Android 3.1. Fun times, Android compared to iOS is not perfect, still twrying to decide to keep it ($450 with $100 gift card from Frys for 32GB).

my dlink router was having issues I had to use WPA with a tkip cipher in order for my touchpad to work and stay connected

I'm using the dgl 4500 and i had to just try all the modes till I got it down

it's funny, I think this whole shindig is going to be studied by marketers, sociologists, etc.

BTW I think costcentral has some of the accessories in stock less than MSRP. I haven't ordered any though their website seems to be pretty convincing.

my dlink router was having issues I had to use WPA with a tkip cipher in order for my touchpad to work and stay connected

I'm using the dgl 4500 and i had to just try all the modes till I got it down

Interesting. Ill try this. Thanks.

Brightness problem fixed with an update to 3.02. Apparently there was a glitch where autodim was always on with 3.00.

Also I installed Govnah and Warthog's kernel to OC to 1.7ghz on both cores. One word - BLAZING. Tried justin.tv on 1.2ghz stock - couldn't even watch a good peacefuljay fight, chat wouldn't even load up. After running on 1.7ghz - was able to watch peacefuljay's stream near perfect while the chat was synced up 100%.

This destroys my ipad 1 and 2. I haven't touched them ever since. LOVE webos.

People are still trying to sell them for almost $100 profit and calling $50 net profit offers low. Best of luck to them. :p

Retailers would kill to have a 33% margin on electronics these days, let alone a 60% to 100% margin.

That wasn't directed at you specifically, that was to resellers at large. :)

I just can't see paying more than $50 net profit to someone for this item. Good fortune to you if you can get net $100 on it. You can get a brand new tablet with active support on it for that price or lower with a data plan contract (which many people would see as necessary for their use).

Brightness problem fixed with an update to 3.02. Apparently there was a glitch where autodim was always on with 3.00.

Also I installed Govnah and Warthog's kernel to OC to 1.7ghz on both cores. One word - BLAZING. Tried justin.tv on 1.2ghz stock - couldn't even watch a good peacefuljay fight, chat wouldn't even load up. After running on 1.7ghz - was able to watch peacefuljay's stream near perfect while the chat was synced up 100%.

This destroys my ipad 1 and 2. I haven't touched them ever since. LOVE webos.

How stable is it at 1.5ghz or 1.7ghz? Does it get a lot hotter than normal?

I've got mine at 1.7GHz and it doesn't seem any hotter, it's also supposed to not effect battery life much differently either, definitely faster.

Mine is running 1.5ghz with no noticeable heat difference, haven't ran a charge threw it yet.

I am using the 1.5GHz and it is roughly the same temp. A lot snappier too. These chips from what I have read are rated for 1.5GHz anyway.

Warthog kernel for this thing is awesome. Its a little slow out of the box but holy hell... That kernel makes it fly.

So, has anyone's HBSMB orders shipped out (like the ones which previously were listed as B/O)? Mine was supposed to ship yesterday (on a Sunday??), but has not and I've been told by people around here and other forums that it will not ever ship.

So, has anyone's HBSMB orders shipped out (like the ones which previously were listed as B/O)? Mine was supposed to ship yesterday (on a Sunday??), but has not and I've been told by people around here and other forums that it will not ever ship.

I talked to chat representative about my order (via SMB rogue link) and they said that it will in fact be fulfilled. Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow, but I highly doubt it will ship on time.. I'm crossing my fingers. At least the longer I wait the greater the chance an Android port will be ready.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've even had the pending charges on my account for a week now. I'm hoping it will eventually ship but who knows.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've even had the pending charges on my account for a week now. I'm hoping it will eventually ship but who knows.

I also tried to use the rogue link. The temporary charges on my card have disappeared in the last few days so I'm not too optimistic about this order.

i check the public link from hp and my hptouch changed from 8/29 to 8/30 shipping date. My delivery date is still 9/2.
the order was placed the 23rd via rouge link . It was redid to the 25th by HP after i got the cancel email.

Got an order confirmation Friday from HP SMB, however they are now charging me more for shipping than my original order confirmation was that I got when originally checking out.
Now on hold waiting to talk to someone to find out why that is, and since they are offering "free shipping" on orders placed before the 22nd, guess I am going to opt for that instead of the $19.06 freight charge they are trying to get from me currently, have no real need for it quickly anymore as I already have my order that I got from eCost.

I've got mine at 1.7GHz and it doesn't seem any hotter, it's also supposed to not effect battery life much differently either, definitely faster.

I have had mine off the charger for about 2 hours this morning and have been messing with it for a bit. Running the Warthog kernel at 1.7GHz and the battery level is still at 100%. Temp is 29c. Not bad at all and it's fast as hell.

For those who care:

A certain CEO is holding an employee meeting right now and just mentioned that there is a difference between WebOS the software and WebOS the hardware. The hardware will not be supported but they will continue to work and look for ways to expand WebOS.

I order from HPSMB
My card suddenly get a hold on it again

it was charge/hold initially on the 20th when i order then couple days later the hold was gone
now it's back

what is going on?

Wow...I really wish I hadn't listened to either Newegg or HP when they said "No price adjustments" and "That rogue link won't get you a Touchpad!" (@#&)@!! :mad:

Wow...I really wish I hadn't listened to either Newegg or HP when they said "No price adjustments" and "That rogue link won't get you a Touchpad!" (@#&)@!! :mad:

Everyone failed so hard at this sale. (retailers I'm talking)

I'm seeing people who ordered on Fri and sat getting their orders cancelled.

I ordered tuesday afternoon on that rogue link and mine shows admin with a shipdate of sep 2 still. Shows quantity 3, allocated 3.

No hopes, but it appears that rogue link wasn't so rogue.

They claim small business and home are separate, so people that ordered later might get them over people that ordered earlier.

Just messed up.

If I end up getting them off the rogue link from a tuesday order, it will just show how messed up this whole thing was.

P.S. The HP lady brynaathp is SO annoying. I get updates all day with crap like #staycoolmybabies #sweetcoffeedothatsweetthingyoudo, #oki'mreallyloggingoffnow,

You don't have to act like a 5 year old kid to try to be hip.

I order from HPSMB
My card suddenly get a hold on it again

it was charge/hold initially on the 20th when i order then couple days later the hold was gone
now it's back

what is going on?

You're getting a touchpad is what's going on.

Same here, i'm a little frustrated HP said they'd cancel all those orders but haven't.

Back