HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

atlwriter said:
The new Dell 2005FP is nice, but I wanted WUXGA resolution on my monitor.
Yeah, but one thing that makes you think is that you can get almost 3 2005FP's for the price of one L2335.

hmm....
+

leobag said:
Yeah, but one thing that makes you think is that you can get almost 3 2005FP's for the price of one L2335.

hmm....
+
True, but you'd need one B-I-G desk for that kinda monitor setup. I'm selling my 2001FP to my brother, so it'll offset the L2335's cost somewhat, at least.

I wondered if you guys had seen the review from PC World that crapped on this monitor as far as DVD playback was concerned?

"It also had below-average DVD playback quality in our tests. When we looked at the DVD movie Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, we saw ghosting in images and jerky video when the movie was played at full screen."

Curious to know what owners thought of DVD playback as I do intend to play video, including HDTV on this monitor (or another 23" monitor of some sort or another).

Thanks!

-Jeff

I can only find the L2335 in the UK for around £1500+
i hate the UK/Europe price mark up compared to the US on almost everything - i could probably import for a lot less than this, where do companies get this idea of there being an exchange rate of £1 to $1

It looks like in the US you can get it for about £900 (about $1700)

Just my 1pence worth (2 cents) or in company exchange rate terms 2p

jdsabin1 said:
I wondered if you guys had seen the review from PC World that crapped on this monitor as far as DVD playback was concerned?

"It also had below-average DVD playback quality in our tests. When we looked at the DVD movie Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, we saw ghosting in images and jerky video when the movie was played at full screen."

Curious to know what owners thought of DVD playback as I do intend to play video, including HDTV on this monitor (or another 23" monitor of some sort or another).

Thanks!

-Jeff

I would like to know the answer to that as well. What do you guys that own one think of it when playing DVD's?
Please chime in.

EniGmi said:
I can only find the L2335 in the UK for around £1500+
i hate the UK/Europe price mark up compared to the US on almost everything - i could probably import for a lot less than this, where do companies get this idea of there being an exchange rate of £1 to $1

It looks like in the US you can get it for about £900 (about $1700)

Just my 1pence worth (2 cents) or in company exchange rate terms 2p

I know, it takes the pish doesnt it. In another thread someone said that u can get 2335's for as low as $1300 now .... Thats like barely £700 quid!

Id have one tomorrow if they were really 700 quid here, damn gouge merchants HP want like £1600 direct from their site here

Thats £1339, plus £50 delivery, then 17.5% tax on top

£1632 delivered
KERCHING!!!!
HP YOU RIP OFF SCUMBAGS!

(Btw thats $3064 USD according to XE.com exchange rates today)

Sneak said:
I would like to know the answer to that as well. What do you guys that own one think of it when playing DVD's?
Please chime in.

They look awesome.... the clarity is amazing!! I love watching lord of the rings on mine :D Also, I challenge PC world to find a lcd panel that looks better or performs better than this monitor!! I dont have ghosting or jerky motion's. How are the DVD's being played on the monitor? Im playing my movies through my pc. Ive also hooked it up to my Kenwood dvd player but the picture is better via DVI rather than component. Are they using component or playing through computer with powerdvd, etc? Ive seen Dell's 20" widescreen and its utter crap in comparison! The only one better in my book is apples 30" and for most people it is out of price range for the average user. However, HP has more inputs which is a plus!

DVD's look great on mine...Did not Pirates of the Caribbean on mine, but I have watched alot of other DVD's without any ghosting/ or jerky video...I think PC World just hooked it up to a crappy computer without any good dvd player in it...

Hey thanks for those replies. I thought that review sounded a bit amateur when I read it. Plus, if a panel does not ghost in games, why would a DVD give it any trouble? Something just did not add up on that review.

Others I have read said nothing at all about DVD play back. Nice to hear from actual owers.

This monitor is still on the top of my list. :)

Sneak said:
Hey thanks for those replies. I thought that review sounded a bit amateur when I read it. Plus, if a panel does not ghost in games, why would a DVD give it any trouble? Something just did not add up on that review.

Others I have read said nothing at all about DVD play back. Nice to hear from actual owers.

This monitor is still on the top of my list. :)
Yeah, I stick away from magazine reviews... go to some hardware review sites.

Got the L2335 this week, what a beauty! No dead pixels. Bright, clear, crisp, BIG! Got it direct from HP for $1595 delivered. The standard price in the HP store is $1599, not including shipping or tax. But if you tell them you saw it elsewhere, they'll give you a 5% discount and if you ask for free shipping you'll get that too. Best to go straight to HP to take advantage of the 60-day no-hassle return policy.

I am going to buy a large LCD in the near future, upgrading from a 19inch CRT finally, and I think that I have decided to purchase the L2335. :) I just have one question that I have been unable to find out holding me back from purchasing. I currently run two computers one with a ATI X800 XT and the other an older graphics card. I file share on the old computer and do not want to download any of the file sharing software to my new computer. As a result I need to run both computers at once but do not want to take up desk space with two LCD. Now to the question, can you hookup 2 computers to the back of the L2335 and use the input to switch between them? Thanks in advance.

I would say yes, because there is a button that allows you to choose, DVI, Analog, composite, etc.......I know I use to switch PS2 to computer and vice versa with that button...

I'm really tempted to get one,I found a refurb that comes with the 3 year warranty for $1300.I am also looking at the Sony model which I can get new for $1510 brand.Really tough descision,maybe I should just stick with my Samsung 193P

Chris

I've finally had my order go through 'management', and been approved for one of these beasts, but I've had to change the graphics card I wanted from a X800 XT to a 68000 Ultra as the X800 seem virtually impossible to get hold of in PCI-express form factor.

I see an indication on an nvidia forum that you only get the reduced blanking spec needed for 1920x1200 from one of the DVI ports on the ultra (the one using the external TMDS) - is that correct? If so, which one is it?

Can someone explain why i have not image during boot, and detection hardware with a ATI9700 PRO, a have imagem when "wellcome"scren appears.

This problem is when i use DVi/DVI conection.

Aply VGA/VGA e have imagem but i don´t like imagem in windows...bluer imagem bah!!

:(

I have 2 monitores HP 2335 the other is tha same with tha ATI9700pro.

The other grafic a 6800GT e have no problem with DVI/DVI conection.

Explain i don´t undestand this :(.

Well, got my 2335 today.

Spotted a cluster of two dead pixels, and figured I could easily live with that.

Now, after a couple of hours using it, I realised it wasn't dead pixels, it was a bit of dust on the screen :p

Monitor is superb! Now just need to wait for my proper graphics card to arrive...

Another question, as i said i have two 2335, one with a 6800GT and other with a 9700pro, boths with DVI conection.

The one with a GT has the contrast menu BLOQUED (DVI conection), the other with a 9700pro the contrast menu is ACESSIBLE (DVI conection to).

Both images are fantastics, only with that diference in the menu contrast.

Is there any problem with the TFT and 9700pro??
AH, conection the GT to that monitor the CONTRAST remains Acessible to.

Just got my L2335 last night.

All I can say is I am one very happy guy. This thing is beautiful. I read where people were opting for the Sony or the ADC because they felt the HP was constructed 'cheap'. I don't see it, the HP feels very soild and comes with more inputs then any of the others... and it costs less to boot!

Played EQ2 and HL2 and it is like watching a movie! (I have a 6800GT OCd to 400/1.04 on a 3500+)

Rock on!

- Jason

I've finally decided the HP 23 is for me with its HDTV and game capabilities, i was thinking of getting the Sony but since it lacks hdtv socket its deffinetely a no no.
Now the battle begins to get it here hopefully without a scratch..
First problem has become pay pal who i hate but have to use decided to put a limit to how much i can spend until some shitty code is received from the bill.
What a nightmare.. and more time wasted, its already been 3 days of reading/searching to decide this.

Anyway, living in Australia it retails for a hefty $3000 now that sucks arse so hopefully i can manage to get it from the USA for a much more resonable 2000 aussie dollaroos. Of course the scary part here is what if its fkd and i gotta send it back.. i guess one can only hope for the best.

It makes me think, 'thinks' sometimes i wish i was in the US where everything seems much easier and cheaperrrr. I might have to make the journey oneday.

I love this thing. I have had it for about 3 months now and I cringe when I have to go with out it. I have absolutly nothing bad to say about it -- it looks good on my desk, refresh is good, it is nice and bright, and with a 6800 everything is nice and fast at high resolution. If I had to do it all over again I wouldn't hesitate -- I only wish I bought one sooner. I know some people are partial to the Sony's or the Apple displays but this thing is fantastic and for the price you are not going to find a better deal. Look no further than the HP 2335.

RDL

DanielVilla said:
It makes me think, 'thinks' sometimes i wish i was in the US where everything seems much easier and cheaperrrr. I might have to make the journey oneday.
Isn't it funny how that works. I don't want to do much travelling outside the US, but I do want to go to Australia someday. :)

I read through like half this post and am thinking I should maybe go ahead and get one. One question though... Will Half Life 2 run well at 1900x1200 on a "mere" MSI 6600 GT (not overclocked) with 1 GB crucial ballistix and a Barton 3200? I plan on upping to the X800 XL and a Athlon 64 3500 eventually.

Toodles.

The Internal said:
I read through like half this post and am thinking I should maybe go ahead and get one. One question though... Will Half Life 2 run well at 1900x1200 on a "mere" MSI 6600 GT (not overclocked) with 1 GB crucial ballistix and a Barton 3200? I plan on upping to the X800 XL and a Athlon 64 3500 eventually.

Toodles.

The barton is ok, BUT, the 6600GT has neither the fill rate nor the memory for that level of game at that resolution- you will have to bury the settings in order to play.

Word of wisdom- when you can first buy the X800XL, it will be a good buy; however, rest assured that not only are there new technologies coming out from both ATi and Nvidia, but that they are due for the next refresh. What you have while unmatched to your prospective monitor is good, so consider keeping it at least until the next generation tech is revealed, because the X800XL would only -barely- be enough for that monitor. My X800 Pro struggles at 1280x1024; granted I refuse to play with anything less than 2xAA and 16xAF, but even now I look foreward to replacing it.

i'd be running it without AA. I notice it usually gets over 40 FPS at 1600x1200 in all the benchies I've read.

The Internal said:
i'd be running it without AA. I notice it usually gets over 40 FPS at 1600x1200 in all the benchies I've read.

Yes, I consider AA a luxery whereas no less than 8xAF a necessity (and the difference between 8x and 16x performance wise so small that 16x is a given). Just keep in mind that avg FPS is a terrible benchmark of a card's playability, and I emplore you to look at [H]'s X800XL preview. After reading that, I am kinda down that my X800 Pro has been outclassed so quickly :/. The 9700 Pro sure lasted longer in that respect.

I'm new to the board having stumbiled onto this tread while researching this monitor on the Macintouch board. The info about this monitor is great but I have a few questions.

Do any of you have the 2335 hooked up to a Mac? I have a G4 tower running at 933 and an after market ATI 8500 mac edition card. The manual for the card says it will support resolutions beyond what this monitor is capable of but it's only a 64 meg card. Anyone using using this card with the 2335?

Thanks

I went ahead and ordered the 2335 straight from HP for 1551 including shipping (but not including tax). The warranty is what sold me. I was told I could return it for even ONE dead pixel. Friggin badass. 3 year warranty.

The Internal said:
I went ahead and ordered the 2335 straight from HP for 1551 including shipping (but not including tax). The warranty is what sold me. I was told I could return it for even ONE dead pixel. Friggin badass. 3 year warranty.

Where did you hear you could return the monitor for one dead pixel?

generally (and i'm saying this as an HP reseller), HP will go the extra mile for the consumer. however, if you'd order the monitor for me, HP sets return boundaries ( >8 dead pixels) so that they're not continuing to see monitors show up. that's generally why i tell my customers, that if there's a problem, call HP directly and they'll solve it faster than i can.

just a note, though: you run a risk of getting a refurb monitor from HP as a replacement. 75% chance. from me, it would be a brand new from stock one.

dave

Back