3440 x 1440

Contrast ratio
3000:1 static; 10000000:1 dynamic

Brightness
350 cd/m²

Pixel pitch
0.232 mm

Response time
14 ms gray to gray (Without overdrive); 8 ms gray to gray (With overdrive)

Signal input connectors
1 MHL (with HDCP support); 2 HDMI (with HDCP support); DisplayPort 1.2 (with HDCP support)

Display Tilt & Swivel Range
Tilt: -5 to +25°; Swivel: +/- 180 degrees

Dimensions
37.44 x 7.76 x 18.79 in (with stand); 37.44 x 3.7 x 14.73 in (without stand)

Weight
21.63 lb (with stand); 17.6 lb (without stand)

Warranty
Limited 1 year warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.

What's in the box
AC power cord; External power supply; DP cable (selected SKUs); HDMI cable (selected SKUs); VESA wall/arm mount adapter; OSD Remote Control; CD (includes U.G., warranty, drivers)

Last edited:
Ugh, that's a terrible stand. Why don't they put good stands on these things?
Also, the bezels on the sides are huge. I'm going to assume it's for speakers, but that still sucks. Kind of a waste.

The crap-tastic stand would be more acceptable if it had holes for a VESA mount.

I was about to ask if this was the same panel as the S34E790C. I'm pretty much sold on the Samsung but was waiting on another $899 sale similar to what I just missed last week.

If I can get the same panel with the same response / behavior from HP for less I'll do it. It's GOT to be capable of VESA mounting, though, and unless the holes are hidden behind a removable back plate that's looking a bit iffy from those pictures. Can't use it without VESA.

Edit: According to the link it DOES come with a "VESA wall/arm mount adapter"

HP is asking twice the price of the Envy 32...better be at least flicker free

Thanks, updated OP

HP has made no mention of flicker-free, so it possible it has PWM, best to wait for tests.

HP Envy 32 isn't flicker free, so i'm not too optimistic. Although I would hope that at this price point it would be.

HP is asking twice the price of the Envy 32...better be at least flicker free

The Envy 32 came in at $200-$300 under competitors. Seems the Envy 34 is priced similar, $200-$300 less than competitors.

For $1000 you can get Samsungs new 40" Curved 4k display that supports 4:4:4 and has a 21ms latency

ultra thin bezel

For $1000 you can get Samsungs new 40" Curved 4k display that supports 4:4:4 and has a 21ms latency

ultra thin bezel

40" is just too big imho. A 32" 1440p required too much vertical head movement.

34" ultrawide 1440p is the sweet spot for me.

But, to each their own.

40" is just too big imho. A 32" 1440p required too much vertical head movement.

34" ultrawide 1440p is the sweet spot for me.

But, to each their own.

I think 40" is a bit small. In portrait mode my 3 ROG Swifts make a 47" display. I think that might be a little big but 40" is smaller than I would like.

I was about to ask if this was the same panel as the S34E790C. I'm pretty much sold on the Samsung but was waiting on another $899 sale similar to what I just missed last week.

If I can get the same panel with the same response / behavior from HP for less I'll do it. It's GOT to be capable of VESA mounting, though, and unless the holes are hidden behind a removable back plate that's looking a bit iffy from those pictures. Can't use it without VESA.

Edit: According to the link it DOES come with a "VESA wall/arm mount adapter"

It has an adapter.

What's in the box
AC power cord; External power supply; DP cable (selected SKUs); HDMI cable (selected SKUs); VESA wall/arm mount adapter; OSD Remote Control; CD (includes U.G., warranty, drivers)

I'd buy it for $800, but $1000 is too much. I hope to see an introductory deal in the next month ;)

Most likely sharing Samsung's panel, which is PWM-free, so that's good.

This is a little out of my price range but I like that they're coming out with more models in the 34" 21:9 format. I do think it is about the perfect format for PC gaming and I hope it takes off so all games will support it properly.

I found the first test results for the HP Envy 34c...
vs. Samsung S34E790C which is using the same panel - LTM340YP01
they don't test for PWM sadly, and I guess the coating is the same as the Samsung (a little bit more matte than the 21:9 IPS monitors)
positive: slightly faster response times, better factory calibration, cheaper
negative: no height adjustment, higher energy consumption (+11w), input lag more than 2 frames (~38ms) !

this is bad, if input lag really turns out to be that high and there is no way to lower it somehow its a big minus for gaming vs. the Samsung

Last edited:
Anyone have any clue if this display is Glossy or Matte?

Can't find info anywhere, and there aren't any reviews out there :\

HP chat support says gloss, but wondering if they know what their talking about..

Toms review seems glowing. This is $600 today at microcenter!

I wonder how this would compare to my Dell 3014?

did anyone pick this up? Microcenter had a sale at black friday and again now for $600 out the door.

I have this sceen just got it, With my Nvidia GTX1070 on DP cable 3440x1440 60hz looks great but the lag on it blows my mind!! its like it cant keep up with my mouse and studders at any res no be warned looks good plays bad.

Back