How would you stress test integrated graphics?

MrAgmoore

[H]ard|Gawd
I built a computer for my father, for surfing the Internet and burning to CD/ DVDs etc. He didn't want to pay more than $600 so I figured I'd build it for him and subsidize the $ that he didn't want to pay.

I'm used to building in a full ATX case, with a high-end graphics card: https://steamcommunity.com/id/CryonicSuspension/

I can't find any information about if or how to stress test a rig that has integrated graphics? With a dedicated video card, I would just run Furmark ( that software that models a furry donut thing ) but I wouldn't want to stress out something as weak as integrated graphics? I've never worked with integrated graphics before.

I guess I could load up a couple of games and run benchmarking software and see how it looks but I was wondering if there was something quicker / easier... ? If you were building a computer for a client, what would you do?

Samsung Magician says that the NVMe is "healthy" & 35 Celcius ( which is really what I was most concerned about ).

I still have to do RAM & CPU tests and see what core temperatures are like. I'll do the testing on Wed / Thursday.

Intel's sheet for the CPU: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...m-gold-g5400-processor-4m-cache-3-70-ghz.html

Copied from my notes:

Micro ATX build 3:

CPU: Intel Pentium Gold G5400 Coffee Lake 2-Core/4-Thread Processor LGA1151 300 Series, 3.7 GHz Base UHD Graphics 610 54W Gen8 Retail Boxed (BX80684G5400) (CanadaComputers $79.99)

MB: GIGABYTE B365M DS3H Socket 1151 Intel B360 Chipset Dual Channel DDR4, PCI-E 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, M.2 USB 3.1, D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI1.4 mATX Motherboard (CanadaComputers $109.99 )

PSU: GIGABYTE PW400 400W 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply (GP-PW400) (CanadaComputers $39.99).

RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C15 Memory Kit (F4-2400C15D-8GIS) (CC$56.99).

SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe PCI-E 250GB Solid State Drive, Read:3,500 MB/s, Write:3,300 MB/s (MZ-V7S250B/AM) (CC $129.99)

Secondary Storage: ?

Case: Corsair CC-9011086-WW Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid-Tower Case ( Amazon.ca $74.99 )

DVD burner: ASUS (DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B) Internal 24x DVD Writer, OEM Black, SATA Green Environment with Software Bulk ( CC 27.99)

$598 including taxes

Not included in the price, stuff like a Silverstone heat sink for the NVMe & 5 x Noctua 120mm fans.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Well, FurMark works fine on integrated, I just tested it. Granted at 3 fps, but it runs.

You can also try Unigine Heaven. Put like 720p low settings, let it loop for 30 minutes to an hour you should be good.

Also, IntelBurnTest is good for testing CPU to make sure it's working and to see temps if that matters to you.

Skarth

Limp Gawd
You can stress test it exactly the same way as you do with regular graphics cards, the only difference is your CPU and GPU temperatures are effectively the same.

Furious_Styles

[H]ard|Gawd
I agree with others, heaven/valley with a lower res like 720p is perfect. Can combine it with any of the other stress tests and maybe load up all but one core and see where the temps go. Also kinda funny that you went budget on almost every item except the premium case fans. :)

RamonGTP

Supreme [H]ardness
Can’t think of a reason to stress test an IGP unless you just have time to waste. They are perfectly reliable and adequate for basic computing needs.

Wait, are you trying to tell us you're building a PC for your dad for $600 and you're sticking him with a Pentium G CPU? Do you just not like him or did he piss you off? You can build him a FAR better system for $600

AIM9x

Weaksauce
I used to run a program called OCCT that had a setting to stress test the PSU by stressing the cpu+gpu. I haven't used it in a long time since they added some weird timers for free users and I wasn't sure what other trickeries they may have come up with.