How will me know when C2 steppings z87 are out?

One has to wonder WHAT ELSE intel fixed in the C2 stepping.

I'm about to buy 2 Z87 boards and I definitely want the latest stepping... Looks like I might be waiting a while.

Most likely nothing.

Meh, I give up
(Must be the Flouride in the water)

A revision is an indicator of a change to the original motherboard.
Most of the time, it is for minor improvements but sometimes it is to enable support of newer cpu's, or a newer ram tech.
One biggie was when there was the sata bug on the original P67 based motherboards.
In that situation, the motherboard makers did a free exchange to correct a major problem.

The Intel USB bug would be considered minor thus they most likely won't allow exchanges, that said it is still a revision to the original board, this falls under what would be a newer revision

Board revisions do not happen all that often, just search Gigabytes website for how many 1.0 and 1.1 boards are around.

I will say this, slightly off-topic, it seems Haswell in general has had crazy slow adoption. The sheer lack of reviews out there on the mobos for a product that's been out for two months already is crazy.
So many folks are holding onto their SB, IB or older systems it seems, understandably.

I too am waiting for these C2's to roll out, ridiculous.

I may have to stick with a 3570k and Z77 seem rock solid.

It was a C1 stepping board. Hopefully they will get the ball rolling on the C2 boards.

This also explains why there are so many deals right now on the boards, cpu's and bundles. Stock is piling up and they are trying to push it.
I stupidly jumped when a bundle offer came up that shed a good deal of $$ as the C1 issue is nothing that concerns me.
I would not be surprised if the C2 do not move quickly the same deal will be available and I could have waited.

This also explains why there are so many deals right now on the boards, cpu's and bundles. Stock is piling up and they are trying to push it.
I stupidly jumped when a bundle offer came up that shed a good deal of $$ as the C1 issue is nothing that concerns me.
I would not be surprised if the C2 do not move quickly the same deal will be available and I could have waited.

If its not an issue for you then it's no big deal :)
I'm just picky.

Oh and if an mod reads this maybe they can fix the thread title for me?

Went to Microcenter before work yesterday to see if the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H Rev 1.1's were available. Looked at most of the stock and the ones the guy said came in today. Meh, just Rev 1.0's.

But the MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING boards were all Rev 1.1's. Thought about it very breifly, just gonna wait for the UD4H.

Has anybody contacted ASUS recently on this? When did they say the C2s started shipping?

Went to Microcenter before work yesterday to see if the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H Rev 1.1's were available. Looked at most of the stock and the ones the guy said came in today. Meh, just Rev 1.0's.

But the MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING boards were all Rev 1.1's. Thought about it very breifly, just gonna wait for the UD4H.

Hmmm I might have to swing by my Microcenter. I am interested in the MSI boards.

I have a feeling the Biostar boards could be C2. I was waiting to get a HIFI Z87 3D and they weren't released until August. I don't see the stepping anywhere on the box and I went with a Z87-UD4H which I am certain its a C1. I Still have a BNIB Biostar HIFI Z87 if there is anything I should look on the board or the box to indicate C2, let me know.

If its not an issue for you then it's no big deal :)
I'm just picky.

As the problem is only when the computer goes to deep sleep [c-state] with certain usb3 items attached. If you never put your computer to sleep or have anything that stays attached like an external backup drive you will never encounter this problem logically.

As the problem is only when the computer goes to deep sleep [c-state] with certain usb3 items attached. If you never put your computer to sleep or have anything that stays attached like an external backup drive you will never encounter this problem logically.

Yea, I sleep my computer every night though, then it gets woken up around 3am to backup by my home server. I don't have any external drives right now but was thinking about getting some in the future, it would be nice for those to get baked up was well when my computer wakes for the backup.

I've been using sleep forever, not sure why everyone doesn't. Can leave everything in a work ready state for the next day and just press one click and have everything back.

I've been using sleep forever, not sure why everyone doesn't. Can leave everything in a work ready state for the next day and just press one click and have everything back.

I think you can't sleep a computer that has a hacked copy of windows. At least that's what someone told me.

Or maybe it's the console generation, Power on power off when not using. I'm not sure.

Sleep has been troublesome on multiple past intel generations when overclocked.
I'm interested to see if sleep is truly 100% good to go with an OC'd Haswell proc...

If someone will obtain Gigabyte board with C2 stepping, please let know if it is some mark how to know it... ;)
Gigabyte wrote me that C2 boards are out in the market...

A revision is an indicator of a change to the original motherboard.
Most of the time, it is for minor improvements but sometimes it is to enable support of newer cpu's, or a newer ram tech.
One biggie was when there was the sata bug on the original P67 based motherboards.
In that situation, the motherboard makers did a free exchange to correct a major problem.

The Intel USB bug would be considered minor thus they most likely won't allow exchanges, that said it is still a revision to the original board, this falls under what would be a newer revision

Board revisions do not happen all that often, just search Gigabytes website for how many 1.0 and 1.1 boards are around.

If you look on this link for BIOS, doesn't this mean that revision 1.1 will be soon?
(Support PCB version 1.1)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4482#bios

If someone will obtain Gigabyte board with C2 stepping, please let know if it is some mark how to know it... ;)
Gigabyte wrote me that C2 boards are out in the market...

I would hope that they give it a Rev change. The boards currently say Rev 1.0 on the box label and on the corner of the pcb. C2 Stepping should be Rev 1.1 then.

I'm not gonna wait much longer though. I'll just go with the MSI board. I'll be checking MC again next week, probably Wed or Thurs.

One Gigabyte seller told me that Gigabyte will have newer revision 1.1 with never stepping and he think it could be avalaible at about 2 weeks.
I will be waiting probably...

Sleep has been troublesome on multiple past intel generations when overclocked.
I'm interested to see if sleep is truly 100% good to go with an OC'd Haswell proc...

This plus I keep the computer running as it keeps the ambient temperature the same. Start up and shut down are the hardest on drives and components due to the rush of power to them.

I've only had one drive fail ever and it was a Seagate Pata drive from a decade ago.

This plus I keep the computer running as it keeps the ambient temperature the same. Start up and shut down are the hardest on drives and components due to the rush of power to them.

I've only had one drive fail ever and it was a Seagate Pata drive from a decade ago.

Ok, been using S3 (suspend to ram) sleep since XP's birth, currently typing this on my good old single core Athlon 64 3700 machine, that's lived using sleep, never had anything on any of my pc's fail yet! Did replace a set of ram once, doubt it was related, they were overclocked. Just lucky?

Most of us (besides me...:() probably replace/upgrade our stuff well before having to worry about the heat/power cycle killing anything.

This is a myth unfortunately in the world of computers from my experience. I remember hearing this years ago and thought it was interesting almost lorish... Anyway to each his own. This day in "green" age sleep should be the norm for any device anyway.

Just some real world examples, we have a factory with some 15 year old computers with CNC machines, that are power cycled every day and work in fairly harsh conditions I am amazed they are still working, one is even running windows 95.

Truth is besides just letting it run to have stable temp I like the white noise for sleeping. The fan hum is soothing and thus sleeping the computer would make it just too quiet.
I have a new Lian-li case and it's dead quiet, too quiet actually.

First C2 stepping I have seen in the wild (Microcenter):

5nnsRsj.jpg

5nnsRsj

8t6mXpd.jpg

8t6mXpd

Heads up folks. All of Microcenter's (Ohio) stock is C1 stepping. The employees have no clue whatsoever about the actual motherboards. They're helpful when they're trying to score that commission on a big purchase and toss that low baller aside.

It was absolutely funny when the first guy I spoke to thought I was talking about a model number and tried to search their own website. Then, he went and got someone else and that person got someone else and on and on until there were 5 or 6 people who had no idea what I was talking about. I had to explain what a chipset was to them and that Z77 id different from Z87 and that Ivy Bridge is not the same as Haswell.

Again, all their stock is C1 stepping. I know this because:

1. All their ASUS Z87 motherboards do not have the new serial numbers.
2. None of the boxes mention anything about C2.
3. Their next shipment of motherboards isn't until late October (I asked and the manager answered).
4. Their current stock is from July (again, the manager answered).

Hopefully this helps someone. Oh and they have several open box Z87 boards that were not marked as open box. You can tell because box is missing the factory tape and is instead taped shut with your scotch brand packing tape (the rectangular cheap kind).

Someone in the newegg review already mentioned ROG boards are c2 long time ago

Yes, I know the ROG boards are C2 - but that's it. Their 30 other boards are all C1 in the US as far as we know. ASUS said they're shipping C2s but the supply channels will take a while to exhaust the C1s.

I wonder if they will all have that massive sticker. If so it will be easy to identify that's for sure.. Then the clueless employees will have no reason not to know.

They should make a sticker for the C1 labelled "Intel: Sorry we screwed up"

ASUS said every board that is shipping out is C2. But if people know if C2's on it's way, C1 stock will take forever to sell, since the manufacturers aren't actually recalling C1 stuff. What a botched deal. SB B3 was handled way better.

ASUS said every board that is shipping out is C2. But if people know if C2's on it's way, C1 stock will take forever to sell, since the manufacturers aren't actually recalling C1 stuff. What a botched deal. SB B3 was handled way better.

Because the SB problem was magnitudes worse than the Haswell problem, which is just a minor annoyance at best.

Just wait till Thanksgiving (BLK Friday) or Christmas if in the US. Patience is a virtue.:)

Yes, I know the ROG boards are C2 - but that's it. Their 30 other boards are all C1 in the US as far as we know. ASUS said they're shipping C2s but the supply channels will take a while to exhaust the C1s.

The Z87I-Deluxe I received over a week ago from Amazon is C2. There is no indication on the box. As new as the Deluxe is, it may never have been released with C1.

Back