How will me know when C2 steppings z87 are out?

Interesting....

Wonder if I should just order a Gryphon fer shits n see what happens...

Stopped by Microcenter again yesterday to check for C2's. Nothing! :mad: Well, the only one I could tell may be a C2 is still the MSI gaming series as they say version 1.1. on box and board. Same as last week.

Waited this damn long for a new build, another month wont kill me. Just have everything else ready to go. :(

The Z87I-Deluxe I received over a week ago from Amazon is C2. There is no indication on the box. As new as the Deluxe is, it may never have been released with C1.

Does the product code on the box end with a 5 or 0?

I just got a UD5H from Tigerdirect and it was a rev 1. I'm not sure if it means anything but the board was old since it had the f4 bios on it.

Just got back from Microcenter. I bought a 4770k and Asus Maximus VI Hero. It has the old part number: 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 but it is C2 stepping.

So It's good news, it seems that the 90MB0FU0-M0EAY5 isn't a requirement to get the C2 stepping boards.

Just got back from Microcenter. I bought a 4770k and Asus Maximus VI Hero. It has the old part number: 90MB0FU0-M0AAY0 but it is C2 stepping.

So It's good news, it seems that the 90MB0FU0-M0EAY5 isn't a requirement to get the C2 stepping boards.

Which microcenter I'm planning to get the same board, just need to find one in C2.

Are you able to tell on the box in any way, shape or form?

Bummer. Any indication on the PCB itself?

I want to order a board from Amazon, but don't want to hassle with hooking it up, if it's a C1...

There is nothing on the board to distinguish between C1 and C2 chipsets. :(

GY01IUL.jpg

V7RRaKi.png

Last edited:
C2 mobo of all flavors are in stock at most of the German stores right now (also a few U.K.), both online and Retail, and they show the correct M0EAY5 number. I wonder how much it would cost to ship a mobo from there to here. I assume it wouldnt be too bad if you were on East Coast

http://preisvergleich.pcgameshardware.de/?cat=mbp4_1150&xf=544_ASUS~317_Z87+(C2)#xf_top

http://preisvergleich.pcgameshardware.de/asus-z87-pro-c2-90mb0dt0-m0eay5-a981554.html

U.K.
http://www.tclarke-online.co.uk/pro...ard-memory-processor/90mb0dt0-m0eay5/8881J203

http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/A...Socket-H3-LGA-1150-90MB0DT0-M0EAY5/1000207841

Last edited:
C2 mobo of all flavors are in stock at most of the German stores right now (also a few U.K.), both online and Retail, and they show the correct M0EAY5 number. I wonder how much it would cost to ship a mobo from there to here. I assume it wouldnt be too bad if you were on East Coast

http://preisvergleich.pcgameshardware.de/?cat=mbp4_1150&xf=544_ASUS~317_Z87+(C2)#xf_top

http://preisvergleich.pcgameshardware.de/asus-z87-pro-c2-90mb0dt0-m0eay5-a981554.html

U.K.
http://www.tclarke-online.co.uk/pro...ard-memory-processor/90mb0dt0-m0eay5/8881J203

http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/A...Socket-H3-LGA-1150-90MB0DT0-M0EAY5/1000207841

Haven't they had C2's since launch though? I thought they were only pedaling the C1s in the US. I wonder if we can expect to see the part numbers change in the US eventually as well.

Does anybody know why Asus is not shipping the new z87 Sabertooth C2 boards to American dealers?

I'm in Canada I went with a Z77 board, could not deal with this bug.

IB and Z77 is a good choice. IB runs cooler and Z77 chipset has less bugs.

Z87 and Haswell are great but they seem to many bugs for the performance gains that can be seen.

IB and Z77 is a good choice.

Well, good news is I got a C2 Hero from MC this morning. Bad news is my new 4770K is an average chip. 4.5/4.6 is all she'll do without gettin' crazy with the voltage.

FWIW, I just got a MSI Z87-GD65 and it's Rev C1. Could be old stock (BIOS was 2 versions old), or they might not have a C2 version of this board.

MSI C2 already out - just not in U.S. of course
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=172843.0

It bugs me that they're using us to dump their broken parts that I feel should be recalled. I don't agree that this is a minor bug. Will make sure to avoid MSI for at least a while for it. They should discount C1 boards, advertising them that way, while selling the C2 boards at normal price. That would be a good way to handle it without a recall and without attempting to screw customers over, I feel. Consumers shouldn't have to deal with bugs like this unless they get a discount for it.

It bugs me that they're using us to dump their broken parts that I feel should be recalled. I don't agree that this is a minor bug. Will make sure to avoid MSI for at least a while for it. They should discount C1 boards, advertising them that way, while selling the C2 boards at normal price. That would be a good way to handle it without a recall and without attempting to screw customers over, I feel. Consumers shouldn't have to deal with bugs like this unless they get a discount for it.

Your beef should really be with the US distributors (of many brands) at this point in time IMO. If they see a market with relatively high levels of disposable income and still a demand for C1 boards, why shouldn't they sell as many C1 boards as they can? Especially **if ** they're now getting them cheaper than C2 boards from the manufacturer. That's business.

You probably won't see the demise of C1 boards until they are no longer being manufactured and existing inventory is depleted. Or, everyone else suddenly decides they have a major bug and stops buying them.

I purchased an Asus z87-pro from newegg a week ago. (no bent pins. ;) ) It is C1 stepping.

I couldn't wait for a new build (old one is slowly but surely dying). Otherwise, I'd not have purchased until the c2's were out and verified.

I purchased an Asus z87-pro from newegg a week ago. (no bent pins. ;) ) It is C1 stepping.

I couldn't wait for a new build (old one is slowly but surely dying). Otherwise, I'd not have purchased until the c2's were out and verified.

Did you check the part number from the box or use CPU-Z to detect? Some reported that Asus is shipping C2 boards but with old part numbers.

I'm guessing that some who bought C1 boards did so knowing that they could dump them on Ebay as soon as C2 boards become available. Similarly, savvy buyers who don't care about the bug, are probably waiting for these "discounted" boards to appear on Ebay.

Got my Maximus VI Gene fired up today from Amazon. C1 it is. As I suspected, I am pretty sure I know how to tell from the serial numbers of these boards now, which is C2 vs C1. I'll post pics of what I mean in a few...

Got my Maximus VI Gene fired up today from Amazon. C1 it is. As I suspected, I am pretty sure I know how to tell from the serial numbers of these boards now, which is C2 vs C1. I'll post pics of what I mean in a few...

Try use CPU-Z instead. There were users reported he got C2, but with old part number

Are all Maximus VI Hero boards supposed to be c2 stepping? J/w, I got what looked like an open box C2 M6H from newegg last week. Didn't know anything about the revision really but I half expected it to be C1 given where I got the board. Other than the lack of shrink wrap on the box and the confounded software package I am thrilled with the Hero.

Are newer Android phones usb3.0? I just assumed they weren't. Quick google search will tell me but the last z87 board I had was a c1 and it did not like sleep mode nor my cellular. Then again, I've had mad problems with Asus's AI Suite3 and especially something I thought was going to be cool--AiCharger, which crashes when I go into windows with my phone plugged in. Ended up with nothing from the ROG utilities package that was stable except for maybe ROG RamDisk (which I haven't tested). Even Daemon Tools annoyed me. It made Windows load funny and set off my OCD. Maybe I should try the ROG forums but meh, it's not a big deal, I wasn't buying the MoBo with any expectations of useful software.

Try use CPU-Z instead. There were users reported he got C2, but with old part number

Dude, I know how to tell once I've got the thing fired up (tells you right in the BIOS, don't even have to load the OS), that's not the point.

The point is trying to identify the boards BEFORE purchase / box opening. On the ASUS boards, if you see an 8 in the serial number (3rd or 4th digit I think) it's C2. If there's a 6 instead, it's C1. That's my theory anyway as I've now seen a TON of these ASUS boxes. As soon as I looked at the S/N on my Gene board's box 2 days ago, I saw the 6 and knew it was C1.
Could be wrong, but it's obviously in the serial number somewhere.

Simple way to prove my theory wrong is someone with an ASUS C1 board to see if they see an 8 in the first few digits of their S/N.

Yeah if the serial number is incremental that would make even more sense than looking at the product number...

Are all Maximus VI Hero boards supposed to be c2 stepping? J/w, I got what looked like an open box C2 M6H from newegg last week. Didn't know anything about the revision really but I half expected it to be C1 given where I got the board. Other than the lack of shrink wrap on the box and the confounded software package I am thrilled with the Hero.

it appears they are breaking seals taking out C1 mobo and putting in C2 in place and not bothering to replace info sticker on box. Eventually they wont have to do this.

Anyone know if any MSI boards have C2 steppings? Or has anyone purchased a MSI board recently that's C2?

Anyone know if any MSI boards have C2 steppings? Or has anyone purchased a MSI board recently that's C2?
On Europe the MSI C2 stepping mobos are starting to show up, but in the US, i just bought my MSI Z87-GD65 and was C1 stepping.

On Europe the MSI C2 stepping mobos are starting to show up, but in the US, i just bought my MSI Z87-GD65 and was C1 stepping.

Do you know if there's any differentiation on the boxes between C1 and C2 versions? Part no. difference or sticker on the box?

Do you know if there's any differentiation on the boxes between C1 and C2 versions? Part no. difference or sticker on the box?

Yo, said in a previous post that is appears these MSI Z87-GD65 boards are C2's, as they are Rev 1.1 marked on board and on box label.

Stopped by MC again today to see if the Gigabyte board I want is C2 yet, still showing Rev 1.0 on all those.

Looked at the MSI MSI Z87-GD65 again and did see the same Rev 1.1 info, but also a "C2" on the box label. Getting tired of waiting, may just have to go with this board soon.:mad:

Yo, said in a previous post that is appears these MSI Z87-GD65 boards are C2's, as they are Rev 1.1 marked on board and on box label.

Stopped by MC again today to see if the Gigabyte board I want is C2 yet, still showing Rev 1.0 on all those.

Looked at the MSI MSI Z87-GD65 again and did see the same Rev 1.1 info, but also a "C2" on the box label. Getting tired of waiting, may just have to go with this board soon.:mad:

How do you see the rev 1.1 info on the MSI board? I didn't see anything mentioning it on the outside label. Although, once I opened the box, since it wasn't sealed or anything, it says MSI-7821 ver. 1.2 on the board itself. Is that a C2? The box had no other stickers on it though.

Or do you remember the manufacture date on that C2 GD65 you saw? Something like B1308 in the SN or something like that?

Last edited:
Back