• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How Much RAMS

How Many Rams?

  • Less than 1 RAM

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 1 RAM

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 RAMS

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 4 RAMS

    Votes: 28 25.5%
  • 6 RAMS

    Votes: 14 12.7%
  • 8 RAMS

    Votes: 37 33.6%
  • 16 or moar RAMS

    Votes: 26 23.6%

  • Total voters
    110
Pictures are better than words...

I'm running 4 of these boxes and we are bring in a 5th in a few months.

vmbox.jpg



OK, OK I know I posted a work box, but I have a 1GB fiber connection that runs from my apartment to my work network, so this IS the servers I test VM's at from home. :cool:
 
Pictures are better than words...

I'm running 4 of these boxes and we are bring in a 5th in a few months.

vmbox.jpg



OK, OK I know I posted a work box, but I have a 1GB fiber connection that runs from my apartment to my work network, so this IS the servers I test VM's at from home. :cool:

Gracious, one can only wonder how much folding potential is trapped within those.
 
12GB in the desktop and 4GB in the lappy. RAMS is a funny word...
 
12GB on my desktop, 4GB on my server but will be upgraded to 8GB soon, 8GB on my other Q6600 system.
 
In my main system, I have it maxed out with 8 GB of DDR2-800.
My PC laptop is maxed out with 1 GB of DDR-333.
My iBook is maxed out with 1.5 GB of DDR-333.
And finally, my eMac is maxed out with 1 GB of PC133. (Old I know.)
 
There's no option for a fully populated i7 9xx board, which is 12GB with 2GB DIMMS and quite common.
 
12 GB in my Photoshop/Premiere/gaming system. I only have CS3 so I use a RAM disk. 6 GB just wasn't enough.

6 GB in the "rendering node"...at least that's how I justified buying a 2nd i7.
 
Back
Top