How many LinX loops do you run?

How many LinX loops do you use to determine stability?

• 20 - I do the default, because the default is always best.

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • 50 - I do a little more than suggested.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • 100 - I believe in stability.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • 200 - My stability is better than your stability.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 500 - I am [H]ard!!!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • I don't use LinX because my OC isn't stable.

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was only Intel as far as I know has a program/fixture that exercises EVERY possible CPU instruction/register/feature. So show me a program that does that and I will admit to it being a good stability test. Otherwise all you are proving is that your machine is happy at doing/running whatever it is running and if you truly do nothing all day but solve linear math problems linpack is indeed an excellent stability test. Otherwise it is just a good indication the machine is working ok. Fire up something like rthdribl or 3D mark while crunching numbers. At least then you will know if you can still crunch numbers when the current draw from the video cards running in 3D hits your power supply.

Last edited:
My point was only Intel as far as I know has a program/fixture that exercises EVERY possible CPU instruction/register/feature. So show me a program that does that and I will admit to it being a good stability test. Otherwise all you are proving is that your machine is happy at doing/running whatever it is running and if you truly do nothing all day but solve linear math problems linpack is indeed an excellent stability test. Otherwise it is just a good indication the machine is working ok. Fire up something like rthdribl or 3D mark while crunching numbers. At least then you will know if you can still crunch numbers when the current draw from the video cards running in 3D hits your power supply.

Thank god Intel doesn't make linpack to test their CPUs or your post would make you look dumb.

Thank god Intel doesn't make linpack to test their CPUs or your post would make you look dumb.

This, for a Moderator... Bill... You gotta do some homework.
Intel tests their CPU's WITH LINPACK.

This, for a Moderator... Bill... You gotta do some homework.
Intel tests their CPU's WITH LINPACK.
I suspect that Intel uses Linpack more for thermal testing, and has other ways of thoroughly testing their CPUs' functionality.

All testing on a chip after tap out is simply worst path. That's why it's possible for Intel to produce chips that try to devide by zero, and AMD can produce chips with severe TLB bugs.

Instruction and state testing is done in simulation with SPICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back