How long before playing Crysis Warhead at 60fps constant at 1920x1200

SIF.jpg

imagine!

l....o..........l

I would love to see that...seriously...

Edit: I remember my title reading How Long before playing Crysis Warhead at 60fps constant 1920x1200 4xAA. But yah, must be at 4xAA, maximum settings! Mod probably shortened it for the long title.

Will the next gen video cards be able to do this, or perhaps the next next gen. This game has been out for quite some time and it's sad to see you can't play it without dropping below 60fps yet, even with all these monster dual gpu cards out. :(

1920x1200? Pfft, it's not out of the god damn ring until it can do 2560x1600 with 4xAA.

Seriously.

Crysis, is Crysis... me personally I don't put a lot of faith in its results, but we know you guys want to see it, so yes I will include Warhead. I am more interested to see what happens in Arma 2.

For those of you who have somehow managed to get into the enthusiast shaders and other settings at higher resolutions, how is it? Is it really a cut above other games? Personally I can never judge a game looking at stills or trying to imagine what it would be like at a higher frame rate. I have to see it at a respectable frame rate in person to really form an opinion.

For those of you who have somehow managed to get into the enthusiast shaders and other settings at higher resolutions, how is it? Is it really a cut above other games? Personally I can never judge a game looking at stills or trying to imagine what it would be like at a higher frame rate. I have to see it at a respectable frame rate in person to really form an opinion.
very high and high look different but tbh high looks just fine. why dont you just try it for yourself?

All enthusiast on 1680 with a 4870 OC/i7 runs probably in the mid to high 20's average FPS. It's definitely playable.

very high and high look different but tbh high looks just fine. why dont you just try it for yourself?

Well as I hinted, I don't have the hardware to really get it at a respectable frame rate. I can run it, but I personally think if you are dipping into 20s it gets hard to tell if it really looks good or not. Things don't move naturally.

Well as I hinted, I don't have the hardware to really get it at a respectable frame rate. I can run it, but I personally think if you are dipping into 20s it gets hard to tell if it really looks good or not. Things don't move naturally.
you have a gtx275 and just 20inch 1680x1050 screen right? you should be able to run it just fine on very high with about 35fps average. also if you dont look at the fps counter you will never know when you are dipping in the mid to upper 20s in Crysis.

you have a gtx275 and just 20inch 1680x1050 screen right? you should be able to run it just fine on very high.

Are you kidding? It doesn't run with everything on very high. Not at frame rates that are any good. Sorry I forgot to mention 4xaa is a must have.

Are you kidding? It doesn't run with everything on very high. Not at frame rates that are any good. Sorry I forgot to mention 4xaa is a must have.
well 4x AA does takes its toll. still your original question makes no sense. you could still put it on very high settings and see what it looks like. its not like it would be a slideshow for you especially if you left AA off for a bit.

well 4x AA does takes its toll. still your original question makes no sense. you could still put it on very high settings and see what it looks like. its not like it would be a slideshow for you especially if you left AA off for a bit.

Well the topic of the thread is 60fps at 1920 I am just asking those that have gotten close how good it is.

Brent Justice will answer mans greatest question ! When will we see 60fps in Crysis !!!! Although who cares is becoming the more relevant answer :)

Sold my 295 2 months ago i'm on back up card atm 8600 GT last night i was wondering
how it will "run" Crysis hahaha awful graphics !!! 1024 x 768 :D:D

What I find funny in that graph is that the 5870 doesn't really drop much in fps when AA is applied in Crysis. That is amazing. So I think 1920x1200 4xaa @ 60 fps constant may be here....:cool: Oh and that graph doesn't specify if it's Enthusiast settings

Well 60fps may be here with the built in bench program, its actual "balls to the walls" fire fights at 60 fps (ave) is what I'm looking forwards too. Perhaps with an oc'd i7 and 3xSLI GT300 refreshes.

Well 60fps may be here with the built in bench program, its actual "balls to the walls" fire fights at 60 fps (ave) is what I'm looking forwards too. Perhaps with an oc'd i7 and 3xSLI GT300 refreshes.
with a gpu setup like that I see even an overclocked i7 being a bottleneck. :eek:

Is it true that once you reach higher resolution settings that AA+AF become less and less of an issue per se?

Back