How long before playing Crysis Warhead at 60fps constant at 1920x1200

While we all agree that the Phenom is just slighly slower in a per clock basis compared to Penryn, bear in mind that the Core i7 single threading performance advantage over the Penryn isn't because of a very enhanced architecture, is because besides of some minor tweaks, Turbo mode boost single thread performance overclocking the single core that is working with the thread. The Nehalem architecture isn't any wider than Penryn, is just smarter with Hyper Threading to maximize its execution units, the Penryn Front Ends are often underutilized in many scenarios.

In gaming performance where cache latency matters, Nehalem isn't much faster than Penryn, and Phenom II usually is faster than Penryn, loosing, matching or outperforming slighly the Nehalem, which its design is more oriented to the server front than anything else.

Back on topic, I heard that Crysis is limited by shader texturing fetches calculations, and current and past architectures are putting more effort in faw math shader performance rather than texturing fetches. If someone can enlight us. Otherwise, it can be a while before a card can come with the raw power to run Crysis maxed plus 4x FSAA at such high resolutions.

Put a fergie in that pc and see what happens. Any how, 5970s couldn't run crysis at a constant 60fps @ 1920x1200 4xaa maxed out, maybe a Fermi or two will do it. :cool:

Its funny that your constant "fergi" trolling actually amounts to crap all, i've just been playing Crysis warhead in all max settings 1920x1200 using in game 4xAA with an easily playable frame rate, sure it's not 60fps on the nose but 40-50fps in Crysis is more than playable for a singleplayer, thats with 16xAF forced.

And my 5970 is only running at 5870 clock speeds, the card will easily clock further with no hardware modification, if you really need a greater frame rate.

Last edited:
This guys getting a decent framrate with a pair of 5970's,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66yMIokIStA

smaller res though, and the last level still screws his system.

this guy doesn't really know what he is saying..

he keeps saying its micro-stuttering that lag the whole thing while its NOT.

its the driver/engine issue that cause the framerate going up and down.

and ATI manage to fix one major one in Warhead so far I have seen..

Its funny that your constant "fergi" trolling actually amounts to crap all, i've just been playing Crysis warhead in all max settings 1920x1200 using in game 4xAA with an easily playable frame rate, sure it's not 60fps on the nose but 40-50fps in Crysis is more than playable for a singleplayer, thats with 16xAF forced.

And my 5970 is only running at 5870 clock speeds, the card will easily clock further with no hardware modification, if you really need a greater frame rate.

I heard there were complaints of 5970 down clocking however.

Back