How is Euro Force?

it's out... but give people a chance to download and install it first heheh

YE GODS!!!!

it is out....me thinks i will have an 'emergency' for some reason to leave work early today

so far a no-go for me. I started having problems with it needing a Gamespy login or something so I gave up.

Unfortunate because Special Forces was so easy to purchase and download.

After the weak ass result that was Special Forces which I only played for a day then deleted, i'll pass EA.

just finished DLing, off to give it a shot.

EDIT: What the fuck. Its paid for, downloaded, and installed, but I can't play it. When I try to join a server playing one of the maps I get an error that I have not purcahsed EuroForce.
Fucking EA....

Viper87227 said:
just finished DLing, off to give it a shot.

EDIT: What the fuck. Its paid for, downloaded, and installed, but I can't play it. When I try to join a server playing one of the maps I get an error that I have not purcahsed EuroForce.
Fucking EA....

Yeah that sounds about right.
Did you really think that DLing a game from EA would go smoothly?
It's FRACKIN EA

this is makin me nervous about gettin home to install....

i mean im goin to buy it reguardless, theres no question there....

are you able to even buy it in the stores, or is it a download only deal?

**EDIT**

i just saw this on EA UK's forums

If you have purchased the Euro Forces expansion via Downloader please be aware that the game is not scheduled to go live until Wednesday morning (9am GMT).

While you may be able to purchase the booster ahead of this release time, it will not function as intended until the release time and date.

Apologies for any confusion.

Majin said:
Yeah that sounds about right.
Did you really think that DLing a game from EA would go smoothly?
It's FRACKIN EA

Well... I could hope. Can't say I am surprised.

P3N1X0R said:
this is makin me nervous about gettin home to install....

i mean im goin to buy it reguardless, theres no question there....

are you able to even buy it in the stores, or is it a download only deal?

**EDIT**

i just saw this on EA UK's forums

If you have purchased the Euro Forces expansion via Downloader please be aware that the game is not scheduled to go live until Wednesday morning (9am GMT).

While you may be able to purchase the booster ahead of this release time, it will not function as intended until the release time and date.

Apologies for any confusion.

ok so buy it and DL it and wait until tommorow boys and girls

Ok I DL'd it and installed it and played it no problem (in regards to the above post, well, it works fine for me!). I just got done testing it out a little. It seems ok, I only got to play two of the maps. It's what it says it is, a booster pack, nothing more.

I just have one question though. Why in the hell do the EU soldiers sound like chinese who speak really bad english? :confused:

if you are getting the message about needing to purchase and install euro force everytime you try to join a server here is the fix.

go to EA Downloader, click on Euro Force where it says play now, click on change gamespy ID, login and change your gamespy ID to the name you play as in game. It WILL work then.

as for the game, eh, too much armor for me

Silverado SS said:
if you are getting the message about needing to purchase and install euro force everytime you try to join a server here is the fix.

go to EA Downloader, click on Euro Force where it says play now, click on change gamespy ID, login and change your gamespy ID to the name you play as in game. It WILL work then.

Already did that with no luck :(

i bought and played it.

its fun and all, but id rather be using my zip line and grappling hook in SF, which the game a hell of alot more fun.

still cool to check out new weapons and vehicles.

only reason i bought is to play with my brother since he never bought expansion pack.

spaceman said:
no sf tools? wtf? nm then.

EU is a booster to vanilla BF2.

SF is almost standalone to BF2 b/c of the way it loads.

but you can use SF weapons in EU which makes no sense lmao

bah everytime i try to download the ea downloader i get a error.. it is a red circle and a X and an ok button...

DisrupTer911 said:
EU is a booster to vanilla BF2.

SF is almost standalone to BF2 b/c of the way it loads.

but you can use SF weapons in EU which makes no sense lmao

I haven't noticed any SF weapons in EU yet, but I could be wrong.

Here's my take: The China Wall map is awesome mainly because you can actually have an all out infantry battle around a...you guessed it....wall that is like the Great Wall of China. Very very cool map. The Euro Forces weapons are new and interesting. I've used a Famas a bit and like it, and the Benelli which is cool for a shotgun.

The Operation SMokescreen map and the the gultch map are just air power city. Groundpounders either need to hide, or hope that the airplanes stay busy trying to kill each other. The attack choppers are there, but you can blast them with the Linebacker and heck, the tanks if your lucky. In the two airpower maps there are a ton of tanks. There is a more balanced amount of tanks in China Wall.

So basically, if you're looking for intense infantry oriented warfare, much like SF, then you've got one out of 3 maps that are good, although China Wall is a piece of fricken art. Ambient sounds like wind chimes, and leaves falling...it's choice.

I wish the EU weapons could be taken into SF. That would be soo sweet. BUmmer that they aren't.

Silverado SS said:

Thanks for the info this worked fine for me.

I just finished a few rounds of EF, but for some reason I can' t play Karkand2. when I click on the level, no map shows on the map screen and the game crashes to desktop after it loads that map.
I like the china wall map the best of the 2 I've played so far, haven't tried smokescreen yet.

As far as I remember, Karkand2 is a Project Reality Mod map and not Euro Force.
I don't see how it being available to download at 9am GMT Wednesday morning is true because I downloaded it while watching CSI last night at 9pm GMT and was playing it until midnight.
I like the new maps, though the EuroFighter is hard to fly with keyboard and mouse as it goes where you don't want it to lol.
FAMAS rules, I got my veteran medic combat badge the first match I played on Euro Force and before with the M16 or L85A1 I didn't want to use it at close range and at distances because they weren't that accurate.

10 bucks for one decent map? damn. but I spend more than that on lunch so...

I haven't had any of the aforementioned problems. Have played all 3 maps and they each offer a little bit of a different experience.

1. Great Wall - fun combat ON the Great Wall itself.
2. Taraba - Holy cow, there are a lot of assets to fight with :) armor, helos, planes galore
3. See number 2 ;-)

A bit annoyed that I can't use the EF weapons on regular BF2 as I was able to with the SF add-on, but other than that, no complaints.

All in all, the only problem I had was IE7 compatibility problem with EA downloader, going back to IE6 fixed that though ;) Very easy to buy, install, and play for me.

It's not great for people who have migrated primarily to SF. It is simply a booster pack, for the vanilla BF2, and plays as such. More annoying was the maps I played had tremendous amounts of armor. If you like how SF made it fun to be a foot soldier again, you might find yourself to have even gone backwards. With MORE armor whoring than regular BF2.

As for that issue with the gamespy nick, I almost threw my shit out the window myself. :D But I ended up figuring it out.

My thoughts on EF: (yes I'm a little bit of a BF2 fanb0y but I acknowledge it's probs)

Great Wall: Great infantry map with some armor/vehicles. Like another poster said it's almost a work of art. The level design is pure genius and the ambient stuff is top-notch. There seemed to be many snipers during the several rounds I played and lots of claymore kills. The map reminds me a little of Karkand but with more room.

Op Smokescreen: Holee crap! Tanks, planes and choppers OH MY! Infantry battlers need not apply to this map. Armor power dominates because they simply outnumber the choppers and planes at least 2:1. Grab your engineer kit, buddy up with another tank and roam the battlefield looking for unsuspecting choppers/FAVs. The black smoke is an awesome cover spot for infantry (especially AT) and the oil tanks provide great spots for picking off tanks/vehicles with the AT missles.

Taraba Quarry: Zatar Wetlands #2 anyone? It's wide open, big and empty. The jets rule because there are no choppers and the AA seems to have a shorter range than normal. (probably just my perception) It takes a long time to get from one flag to another (even in a buggy/jeep) so peeps need to coordinate and/or travel in squads to be effective flag-cappers. This map really does remind me of Zatar mainly because it's like pullin' teeth to score points and cap flags.

My rank: 1. Great Wall 2. Smokescreen 3. Taraba

Overall it'll be worth me ten bucks. I like the new weapons for the EF team and in particular the support weapon. It's not as dominant as the PKM but the sound it puts out is awesome. Finally a machine gun that sounds like a machine! :D The medic weapon is also fun. Halo assault rifle anyone? It sounds like it and it has the same aiming reticle. Good stuff! :)

Will this be released on disc anytime soon? I'm a fan of Steam, but to hell if I'm going to trust EA with this kind of downloading.

Xaeos said:
Will this be released on disc anytime soon? I'm a fan of Steam, but to hell if I'm going to trust EA with this kind of downloading.

No plans as of yet. :rolleyes:

That was me called China Wall a work of art. :D

I love the feel of that medic weapon, the FAMAS. In fact, over on another forum a guy was saying "be prepared to see a ton of medics running around" because that gun is popular. I doubt they'll be running around much on Smokescreen and Taraba though. No point for them.

I basically stayed up too late last night because of this booster pack!!

If you love BF2, then don't waste your time d/l Osfront from Steam, IMHO. I have Osfront, and now I doubt I'll get much use from it, but you never know.

At work at the moment. I can tell you that the colors on these maps was way more vivid on my rig than any of the SF maps. Really noticable difference. Not sure why that is. I didn't change any settings at all.

I'll make an effort on the screenies, unless WhyYouLoveMe can provide them so I can keep being lazy. :D

I'm the Dude said:
At work at the moment. I can tell you that the colors on these maps was way more vivid on my rig than any of the SF maps. Really noticable difference. Not sure why that is. I didn't change any settings at all.

I'll make an effort on the screenies, unless WhyYouLoveMe can provide them so I can keep being lazy. :D

Yeeeeeeeeah, no. I ain't got none at the moment. :cool:

A map with 4 tanks on each side, just imagine...tanks get highjacked by the other team...8 tanks to rape with. Get a nice combo of support and engineer kits...total rapeage. :)

hity645 said:
A map with 4 tanks on each side, just imagine...tanks get highjacked by the other team...8 tanks to rape with. Get a nice combo of support and engineer kits...total rapeage. :)

Indeed this is possible. ;)

Damn it. I hate the fact that there is now a 3rd BF2 pack, and the fact that you cant use any of the stuff in EF in vanilla BF2 but the screenies look so cool and the maps sound awesome!
I also hate the thought of DLing something from EA thats costs me money.... I don't know what to do...
I think I get SF working first before I try to DL EF, will give me some time to think about it.

i enjoyed it, i only played smoke screen and that bigass taraba map, but yea, i enjoyed the armor whoring aspect of it....but i kept gettin blown up by skilled pilots...heh

good stuff, worth the 10 bucks...i got home last nite tat 5pm, had it installing by 630pm, and was playing by 730ish...had a smoke session b4 hand....

whoever said the maps look more colorful or vivid, i agree, it seemed to be much 'prettier' but that smoke screen map, i wish i woulda played more than 15min, cuz i really wanna get down on that map, it looked fun....and the china wall, i havnt even tried that one yet, but ill get to it tonite, sounds fun ;)

P3N1X0R said:
i enjoyed it, i only played smoke screen and that bigass taraba map, but yea, i enjoyed the armor whoring aspect of it....but i kept gettin blown up by skilled pilots...heh

good stuff, worth the 10 bucks...i got home last nite tat 5pm, had it installing by 630pm, and was playing by 730ish...had a smoke session b4 hand....

whoever said the maps look more colorful or vivid, i agree, it seemed to be much 'prettier' but that smoke screen map, i wish i woulda played more than 15min, cuz i really wanna get down on that map, it looked fun....and the china wall, i havnt even tried that one yet, but ill get to it tonite, sounds fun ;)

Once again, "The Dude" said they were more vivid and I hadn't even done a J beforehand. :D

I think I'll be playing on servers with China Wall, and then bailing when the map switches, and then....going to find China Wall again. :D

I'm the Dude said:
Once again, "The Dude" said they were more vivid and I hadn't even done a J beforehand. :D

I think I'll be playing on servers with China Wall, and then bailing when the map switches, and then....going to find China Wall again. :D

Dude, you've got PM!! Check it! :)

Back