How is Euro Force?

im such a bf2 whore

yesterday i left hour early cuz i learned EF was out

today im leaving 4 hours early for the bar, then home to game with a buddy...

it really sucks cuz this weekend im goin out to the desert to work on our property there....3 hours from home...least i have a pc there, no net though....lousy k62 500 with 382mb ram and a 16mb agp voodoo banshee, and a classic awe64 gold soundblaster, i got all the classics to keep me occupied....quake 1/2/3, doom 1/2, shadow warrior, rise of the triad, duke nuken 3d, dungeon keeper, poplous 3....ah, memories there wouldnt ya say?

P3N1X0R said:
im such a bf2 whore

yesterday i left hour early cuz i learned EF was out

today im leaving 4 hours early for the bar, then home to game with a buddy...

it really sucks cuz this weekend im goin out to the desert to work on our property there....3 hours from home...least i have a pc there, no net though....lousy k62 500 with 382mb ram and a 16mb agp voodoo banshee, and a classic awe64 gold soundblaster, i got all the classics to keep me occupied....quake 1/2/3, doom 1/2, shadow warrior, rise of the triad, duke nuken 3d, dungeon keeper, poplous 3....ah, memories there wouldnt ya say?

I think the question that comes before your post is: How do you know if you're a BF2 addict?

LOL - Good stuff. :D

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I think the question that comes before your post is: How do you know if you're a BF2 addict?

First step is to admit your addiction :)

WYLM
Is the biggest BF2 whore I have ever seen, I bet 700 of his postcount is related to BF2 topics! :p

Majin said:
WYLM
Is the biggest BF2 whore I have ever seen, I bet 700 of his postcount is related to BF2 topics! :p

You almost make it sound like that's abnormal or something... :p

WhyYouLoveMe said:

I didn't know that I like BF2 so much until i got SF...

I would like SF a helluva lot more, if the maps were able to put into actual vanilla bf2 rotation.

i hate having to specify between either a BF2 or a SF server b/c they arn't cross compatible.

the fact that I need to quit and load SF annoys me...

DisrupTer911 said:
I would like SF a helluva lot more, if the maps were able to put into actual vanilla bf2 rotation.

i hate having to specify between either a BF2 or a SF server b/c they arn't cross compatible.

the fact that I need to quit and load SF annoys me...

I agree wit dat. They totally split up the BF2 community when they did that. :mad: In fact, I find that SF players in general are more skilled than vanilla BF2 players. But I digress... ;)

Hopefully EA's next patch will let Special Forces run simultaniously with Vanilla so there can be a sweet ass map mix.

What is up with the Eurofighter? It just feels wrong. The up/down movement is really sensitive, and the rudder has virtually no effect at all. The roll rate is also too slow. grr... :(

I like the euro fighter, its like a j10. up down movement is sensitive and its a bitch to land w/o blowing it up.

Om1kron said:
Hopefully EA's next patch will let Special Forces run simultaniously with Vanilla so there can be a sweet ass map mix.

hopefully a future patch will let us have this stuff for free, instead of EA anally raping this game to death.

The Other said:
bah ef EA right now... I don't wanna uninstall IE7 for Euro Forces....

FEA

It's not EA's fault you use a shitty browser :D

So far I like it. There really is no other word to decribe it other than "intense". All three maps have tons of awesome ground action. Everyone is still learning the maps, so I don't know yet if they are balanced.

deathBOB said:
It's not EA's fault you use a shitty browser :D

So far I like it. There really is no other word to decribe it other than "intense". All three maps have tons of awesome ground action. Everyone is still learning the maps, so I don't know yet if they are balanced.

I know... But why did they have to intergrate into the downloader or cross browser compatiblity... to me that would have make more sense...

WhyYouLoveMe said:
I agree wit dat. They totally split up the BF2 community when they did that. :mad: In fact, I find that SF players in general are more skilled than vanilla BF2 players. But I digress... ;)

Speaking of that, I was on a Euroforce map couple nights ago, and there was a guy with a nice, gold oak leaf for his rank badge. :eek: That's a major I believe. I gotta tell you, I don't really give a crap about ranks now that I have plenty of unlocks, but it looked sweet when you saw this gold oak leaf graphic running around wherever the guy was. The graphic for it looked impressive to me. The lieutenant bars are not so interesting.

The Other said:
bah ef EA right now... I don't wanna uninstall IE7 for Euro Forces....

FEA

Dude, it's just a browser! Browser vs. cool video game.... I tried IE7 out too, but it broke my crappy Mcafee AV, so I chucked it.

ComputerBox34 said:
Does anyone have screenshots? I've been waiting to see some and I haven't seen any.

Dude. Google. EA's web site. TotalBF2.com. Planetbattlefield.com. Any PC game site in the universe.

Oh... and on page 2 of this thread. :rolleyes:

ive played it several times now, and i really dont think its worth it, unless your into vehicles the entire time.

and usually on vehicle maps, the planes just fly and bomb you entire time.

fodder0 said:
ive played it several times now, and i really dont think its worth it, unless your into vehicles the entire time.

and usually on vehicle maps, the planes just fly and bomb you entire time.

Play more Great Wall. It's more about infantry than vehicles. There's many bottlenecks where vehicles are sitting ducks and there are many more entrances/exits for infantry. I agree that the EF pack is more about vehicles but I'm glad they released it to counter the infantry-heavy Special Forces expansion.

funny how EA and DICE advertised Euro booster pack as an infantry type of gameplay and you have mostly armor and air fights. As much as I love BF2 and SF I think I will skip EF, I just don't think 10 back is worth it for one map that everybody is talking about (The Great Wall) right now. IMO keep your new weapons and give us more maps for free.

Finally got mine going...

Great Wall is definaly an infantry heavy map. However, the quarry map, very vehicle heavy. I mean damn, just look at how many vehicles spawn at the main base. There is enough for everyone to have their own.

I think the 2 other maps besides China Wall were basically made for plane whores. I mean sooo many vehicles to bomb the hell out of. Yeah, you can be a tank whore, but if there are skilled pilots around, you're toast quickly unless you just hide around buildings or something, and even then. Smokescreen is pretty cool for a map that has planes.

Back