It's a work in progress. I've been in contact with them and they are telling me 3 to five business days for any kind of response once after three emails and a call to customer support. I don't think the response is going to be anywhere near as nice as Newegg's. I'd suggest calling/emaling them. Perhaps the more calls they get into customer service the more inclined they will be to do something about it.
I also sent an email on Tuesday to Amazon and included the email from newegg asking if they were providing a similar service. Since then microcenter also offered this same service. I would continue emailing them and hopefully that will help influence a decision.
I doubt anyone providing an immediate response has any influence or information on the matter and just stating the current policy.
The current policy for amazon is if you specify a replacement, they will ship out the replacement before they return the original. I believe you have 15-30 days to ship the original back or you will be charged for the replacement.
I'm hoping they provide a similar service for this matter.
Q: What is the SOP for GIGABYTE 6 series motherboard exchange?
A: At the end of April please take your 6 series motherboard to the same store where you originally purchased it. If the product is not available at that time, please leave the series number and your personal contact details with the store and wait for further notice.
I purchased my Asus P8H67-M LE board from Amazon and when I first heard the news I went to Amazon and requested to return the board due to a defect. Was still waiting on a few parts to arrive so I hadn't started installing it. Have till March 5th to return. Not sure if I should install and use the board and wait for the exchange to happen.
Will Amazon/Asus send the new board first and wait for the returned or do we have to send the defective board in first?
Well, given that there aren't replacements available yet, I don't see how they are fumbling it too bad. It's not like anyone has to make a decision on what they are going to do yet (retail or manufacturer). As long as they have a policy in place when replacements ship, they should be fine.
I have been in contact with Amazon several times this month, and also today. They are aware of the recall but still did not have an official "policy" to the issue.
I'm not too concerned at the moment as they are aware of the issue and even stated they had no problem issuing a return label/refund if no further details, or product replacements, are available this month.
They scheduled a call next week to follow-up to see how I want to proceed.
It doesn't look like there was a set number of days. The RMA was generated by the customer service rep and the "reason given" was 'Product recalled by Intel hence return'. It looks like it's still valid for me.