How is Amazon dealing with recalls

ddutta

Limp Gawd
What is Amazon's policy. I recently bought a Dh67BL and I have yet to open it up ... wondering what their policy is. Are they going to exchange or refund when the new revisions are out.

It's a work in progress. I've been in contact with them and they are telling me 3 to five business days for any kind of response once after three emails and a call to customer support. I don't think the response is going to be anywhere near as nice as Newegg's. I'd suggest calling/emaling them. Perhaps the more calls they get into customer service the more inclined they will be to do something about it. :(

Amazon works a little differently than newegg. Amazon does not have stock per sae so it will be hard for them to do what the egg did. They will have to rely on their resellers to do what is needed.

I've sent 2 different emails to them with 2 different responses. They did not seem to want to extend the return window. And both emails states they would not do cross shipping.

Gigabyte...so just as good? If I what i understand of their statement is correct...

Last edited:
I've sent 2 different emails to them with 2 different responses. They did not seem to want to extend the return window. And both emails states they would not do cross shipping.

I also sent an email on Tuesday to Amazon and included the email from newegg asking if they were providing a similar service. Since then microcenter also offered this same service. I would continue emailing them and hopefully that will help influence a decision.
I doubt anyone providing an immediate response has any influence or information on the matter and just stating the current policy.
The current policy for amazon is if you specify a replacement, they will ship out the replacement before they return the original. I believe you have 15-30 days to ship the original back or you will be charged for the replacement.
I'm hoping they provide a similar service for this matter.

**EDIT**

I just sent a reply with the most recent gigabyte response
http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com/2011/02/intel-6-series-chipset-issues-q.html

Q: What is the SOP for GIGABYTE 6 series motherboard exchange?

A: At the end of April please take your 6 series motherboard to the same store where you originally purchased it. If the product is not available at that time, please leave the series number and your personal contact details with the store and wait for further notice.

Last edited:
I purchased my Asus P8H67-M LE board from Amazon and when I first heard the news I went to Amazon and requested to return the board due to a defect. Was still waiting on a few parts to arrive so I hadn't started installing it. Have till March 5th to return. Not sure if I should install and use the board and wait for the exchange to happen.

Will Amazon/Asus send the new board first and wait for the returned or do we have to send the defective board in first?

I called amazon yesterday to check on the status and they indicated they are still researching the issue and should have an update shortly.

I purchased from Amazon a Gigabyte board for about $150. Hope I'm not up-the-creek. I don't want to return the board just yet because then I'd be without a gaming rig.

Amazon looks to be fumbling this one

Well, given that there aren't replacements available yet, I don't see how they are fumbling it too bad. It's not like anyone has to make a decision on what they are going to do yet (retail or manufacturer). As long as they have a policy in place when replacements ship, they should be fine.

I have been in contact with Amazon several times this month, and also today. They are aware of the recall but still did not have an official "policy" to the issue.
I'm not too concerned at the moment as they are aware of the issue and even stated they had no problem issuing a return label/refund if no further details, or product replacements, are available this month.
They scheduled a call next week to follow-up to see how I want to proceed.

I was given an RMA and a pre-paid postage label with authority to send my motherboard back for full refund, even after 30 days.

I, too, was given a RMA and pre-paid postage to send it back in for a full refund even beyond the 30 days by emailing customer support.

It doesn't look like there was a set number of days. The RMA was generated by the customer service rep and the "reason given" was 'Product recalled by Intel hence return'. It looks like it's still valid for me.

Back