Votes: 140 20.5%
  • 801MHz - 1GHz

Votes: 72 10.6%
  • 1GHz +

Votes: 65 9.5%

• Total voters
Protoform-X said:
FX-53(2.4GHz) @ 2.87GHz
:eek: cooling? I'm going to be ordering this chip soon and am wondering what to expect...

anyway I voted 1ghz+ because my last rig had a 3.0C @ 4ghz and the rig before that was a 2.4C @ 3.8ghz.

Right now I don't have a rig as I'm waiting for parts to be released so I can buy :(

computerpro3 said:
:eek: cooling? I'm going to be ordering this chip soon and am wondering what to expect...

anyway I voted 1ghz+ because my last rig had a 3.0C @ 4ghz and the rig before that was a 2.4C @ 3.8ghz.

Right now I don't have a rig as I'm waiting for parts to be released so I can buy :(

I thought you already had your FX53 for some reason....because you had PM'd me some time ago when I was still looking for a motherboard. Oh well....that is one killer OC on that 2.4C btw.....nothing wrong with a 1.4GHz overclock. :D

I'm gonna be gunnin' for that nice 1GHz overclock again when I get my water cooling and the 3.2C all setup. The water cooling will be sometime in the next couple months.....and then the 3.2C following that. I'd like to be able to keep this fsb of 264 or so....which'll sit me just over 4.2GHz with the 3.2C.....right where I wanna be. :)

nice

I was going to have my fx, I already sold my main rig. But then DFI missed their ship date on s939 amd boards (STILL NOT OUT :mad: ) and all the other mobo's suck big time stability wise, cathar is about to release the silver G5 waterblock, the fx-55 is coming out shortly, and eb pc3700 is nowhere to be found right now. I'm waiting for all the parts to be released and perhaps even going fx-55.

computerpro3 said:
nice

I was going to have my fx, I already sold my main rig. But then DFI missed their ship date on s939 amd boards (STILL NOT OUT :mad: ) and all the other mobo's suck big time stability wise, cathar is about to release the silver G5 waterblock, the fx-55 is coming out shortly, and eb pc3700 is nowhere to be found right now. I'm waiting for all the parts to be released and perhaps even going fx-55.

I know how you feel man, I've been stuck between upgrades like that far too many times. If I had the money to make the s939 switch between now and January I would.....but I'm gonna drop the cash into the water cooling, mods to my Lian-Li (including the PSOne LCD mod baby :D ) and the 3.2C.....and possibly the OCZ PC3500EB I want.

SystemHalt, I'm sure none of us mind the score posts.....but your sig......geez man. You're at 16 lines dude, the limit is/was 10 lines for signatures.....and that's why....takes up to much room. It shouldn't be too hard to shorten it down, and I hope you do.....as (for the most part) everyone is still keeping it to 10 lines, and it has been working great, much cleaner.

In me sig, 300mhz, room too hot to be stable at 160 :/

And I was about to report sig too, that ludicrus haltman, combine some parts of your rig list and remove extra linebreaks.

cornelious0_0 said:
Just thought I'd throw this out there to see how many of us really ARE [H]ard. :cool:

1GHz on a Pentium 4 is pretty damn easy.

1Ghz on a AMD.... now that's [H]...

me.. i got 1.83 to 3.079Ghz on an AMD XP.. now that... that's xtreme ;):D

Stang Man said:
1GHz on a Pentium 4 is pretty damn easy.

1Ghz on a AMD.... now that's [H]...

Nice stuff, I was paying my friends over at xtremesystems a visit yesterday.....and a dude over there hit 3.3GHz with his 2600+ mobile I think it was.....he was on LN2 i think though....so kudos to you...what cooling were you on anyways?

2.4C @ 3.66 on an ASUS P4P800-Deluxe
Danger Den Maze4, Pondmaster Pump, Tygon Tubing, and Pinto Heatercore w/ 2x 120 MM AC Fans (from Cummins Diesel Power Generator, ~180 CFM each... and LOUD)

RAM is OCZ DDR333 (old...) 2x matched 256 MB sticks.

Idle temps are about 23C
Peak temps (Doom 3 for ~4 hours) are 30-31C
Room temperature is approx 20C

Barton 2500+ (1830MHz) @ 2300MHz (1.75v). Not completely stable @ 2400MHz, haven't played much yet. Using a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 1.04.
Using Thermaltake Aquarius II (stock, no anti-bending springs in tubes, though), with the radiator outside the case, 50mm fan on the NB sink, and small HSF (from TNT2) on SB, no voltage mod whatsoever. 80mm case fan with duct blowing on water block, helps cool a bit more. Stable 200MHz bus speed.

Stang Man said:

You're damn right. :)

650MHz OC on an Athlon on air is pretty Xtreme, but it's probably just [H].. ;)

2.00 ~> 2.646

my best oc ever, [email protected] 1.6volts (cooled by slk-7 w/3000rpm speeze80mm) it runs 105F under a load. I love my tbred. And to think i used to think my old 566coppermine celeron was a good oc'r (would do 850mhz stock voltage, shittier than retail cooler. Tbred isn't topped out, it will do 2.4ghz, but needs much more voltage and runs much hotter so its not worth it.

nst6563 said:
highest stable oc is w/ my 2.8c @ 3.7ghz on air...gotta love it....

hehe.....same here.....hopfully getting a Prommy in the next month or so....or if that doesnt work out.....a ncie h2O setup. I still haven't been able to find my 2.8's absolute limits.....and I'd like to push it to 4GHz if I get the Prommy. That'd be pimp. :cool:

i like my system to be a tad cooler... so i just sit it at 204x11 for a bit of a boost in speed but its at 1.625 volts, so it nice and cool.

i too need to reseat my hsf, but i dont want to go through the trouble.... :rolleyes:

MemoryInAGarden said:
Highest overclock on my D1 2.8C was a big 3.3 ghz. It was teh 0wn4g3 :p

I feel sorry for ya, those D1 2.8's are brutal....someone I know has one....makes me thankfull for my m0. I'm gonna have my hands on a Prometia in a month's time and I'll be lookin for a nice 3.2C D1 to strap into it.....should be interesting. :D

Just got my second system up and going...

Asus P4P800-Deluxe
2x 256 MB PC2700 OCZ (matched)
Danger Den Maze4
Pinto Heater Core
Tygon Tubing (1/2")
Pondmaster Pump
P4M 2.4 Ghz (Pentium 4 Mobile)

[email protected]
1.55 volts

25C Idle, 31C Load
:)

Nice stuff dude, I love seeing new 1GHz+ overclocks. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same thing with my 3.2C and the Prometia I'll have for it. ;)

Intel Pentium 4 2.40C
Zalman CNPS7000-AlCu
3:2 Ratio
284MHz Quad-Pumped = 1136MHz FSB
1.565V
284MHz x 12 = 3408MHz (~3.4GHz)
3408MHz - 2400MHz = 1008MHz Overclock

cornelious0_0 said:
Nice stuff, I was paying my friends over at xtremesystems a visit yesterday.....and a dude over there hit 3.3GHz with his 2600+ mobile I think it was.....he was on LN2 i think though....so kudos to you...what cooling were you on anyways?

thanks man..

that dude with the 3.3ghz... that was nice stuff.. i think 3.3ghz is the max a xp chip has ever went..

i was using a prometia mach 1 at the time..

Really a low end oc only got 100mhz out of this pos coppermine celly 766 :mad:

Soon I'll have a nice P4M 1.6 that I will try to get to 2.0.

p4 1.8a

Here's what i got so far.. still working on it thou:
(update) I can boot @ 155 and run most apps stable but occasional lockup and i've tried all the way back down to 150fsb and 150 seems the absolute highest i can go @ 1.75v. I think my board will do 1.85v but i'm not sure i wanna risk that heh.

cpuz.jpg

Pretty nice 1.8A you've got there PnoT, man.....I had forgotten those things were runnin' on an 18 multiplier.....makes the FSB look kinda insignificant.....but when you do the math...... ;) :cool:

yoohoo, p4 2.8 M0 @ 4.2 Ghz (mach II powa !!). memory limited => elixir pc3200 c3 which doesnt OC 1 Mhz in asynchrounous...

LyCoS said:
yoohoo, p4 2.8 M0 @ 4.2 Ghz (mach II powa !!). memory limited => elixir pc3200 c3 which doesnt OC 1 Mhz in asynchrounous...

Nice stuff bro, I'm only 300Mhz behind you on air cooling for my MAX overclock right now.....and I'm hoping to break 4GHz on my 2.8C M0 with my h2O, and at least get 'er 24/7 stable at 3.8GHz. :cool:

ReNeGaDe* said:
athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.4GHz, but when I voted it was only at a miserly 2.2GHz :D

Yeah, I wish there was some kind of way to retract your submission to the poll so you could re-submit your overclock.....because I to have gone through a couple updates since I first voted. I know it works by tracking your IP, but still.....it'd be cool if you could retract your vote. :p

Back