• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How fast is your internet?

Speakeasy..
6.0/768k

best part.. they allow.. heck they even encourage servers..
 
RoadRunner(PA) -

Your download speed : 2348084 bps, or 2293 kbps.
A 286.6 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 368935 bps, or 360 kbps
 
QwertyJuan said:
So how on earth did you get a T3 line for yourself??

QJ
In Hawaii no less. :)

Comcast 4Mb/384Kb service here. Not a problem even with the problems they've been having.
 
Verizon fios offers 30/5 connection for 199 a month. So it is possbile to get those speeds now. Whether or not they lit up hawaii is another story.
 
jarablue said:
Verizon fios offers 30/5 connection for 199 a month. So it is possbile to get those speeds now


True, but the sweet package is the 15/2 deal.
1/2 the performance of that deal, but 1/4th the price.
 
QwertyJuan said:
So how on earth did you get a T3 line for yourself??

QJ

Honestly, I don't know ?

1. I live close to the NTT station<<<<<Maybe this means nothing!

2. Did the speedguide.net MTU tweak<<This helped but I'm sure this isnt it!

3. Most of my neighbors are older Japanese people and most probably have no internet. and I'm close to the Phone company<<<Dont know what effect this has.

4. Got a installation CD asking if I use (was in japanese) business broadband line or consumer broadband line. I figured Business would be faster and selected that.<<<This would be tooo easy so it must not be it.

However:
After the cd installation and a trip back to speedguide I got on Winmx to check my download speed. :eek: The mp3's (some of them anyway) came in so fast when I hit F1 to do a screen capture to show my friend my download speed ( I was shocked) the song had completed quicker than I could capture the screen 1...2.finished.

So honestly I dont know how :confused: But I am a happy Music pirate :)

Again I'm no expert and dont know what others think but the TCP optimizer at speedguide is worth a look. It sure did'nt hurt any
 
jarablue said:
Verizon fios offers 30/5 connection for 199 a month. So it is possbile to get those speeds now. Whether or not they lit up hawaii is another story.

I'm getting this in Japan, not Hawaii. Hawaii's DSL service is no where near what I have here in Japan
 
Brighthouse Networks RoadRunner Central Florida

2005-04-21 22:51:25 EST: 4064 / 347
Your download speed : 4162493 bps, or 4064 kbps.
A 508.1 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 356057 bps, or 347 kbps.
 
Road Runner

2005-04-21 23:03:32 EST: 4367 / 285
Your download speed : 4472093 bps, or 4367 kbps.
A 545.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 292333 bps, or 285 kbps.
 
1.5m down/ 384k up; SBC DSL

Veeb0rg said:
Speakeasy..
6.0/768k

best part.. they allow.. heck they even encourage servers..

damn! I don't see myself ever paying $110 a month for internet :eek:
 
Local city cable network

2005-04-21 23:23:42 EST: 2880 / 943
Your download speed : 2949854 bps, or 2880 kbps.
A 360 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 965950 bps, or 943 kbps.
 
Klowngoblin

oh and mine :)

Internet2.jpg


haha i win teh intarnet!!!

internets.jpg
[/QUOTE]


Not so fast.............










You have been defeated! :cool:
 
You guys State-side have some impressive figures going on there, EDIT: and Japan - WOW :eek:

I'm on 2000kbs/256kbs, and that's generally considered to be quite fast over here. OK, you can get 8000kbs/400kbs in London, and we're just starting to see SDSL, but it's by no means widespread.

That said, I just got my upgrade from 512/256 and I gotta say, I'm still in the honeymoon period at the moment. :)
 
tehnewwinnar.jpg


lol, anyone can do that.. just edit the link at the top of the browser..

i get 4.25m usually, and it tops out at about 4.5m... 600k downloads are nice, but the 375kbit upload sucks a fat one. kills my ratios :(

just got bumped up a few monthes ago from 3.. didnt even expect it. got home from work, and said... woah.. thats fast.. lol

RoadRunner
 
2005-04-25 00:37:48 EST: 5382 / 614
Your download speed : 5511934 bps, or 5382 kbps.
A 672.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 628823 bps, or 614 kbps.
 
dont feel bad, i only get 164.1 kbps on that server too.. lol.. :rolleyes: :cool:

EDIT: holy poop, just noticed i'm headed to 2 year aniversary at [H] :D
 
Falls Included

lol, anyone can do that.. just edit the link at the top of the browser..

:confused: What are you saying? I'm in Japan, and this is what we get, It's pretty much par for the course in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan nowadays.

Instead of being an as*hole and insulting people, you should do just a little bit of research first.

Japan, South Korea = T1-T3 HIGH speed Broadband .

learn to read :rolleyes: .

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050501faessay84311/thomas-bleha/down-to-the-wire.htmls.



By May 2003, a higher percentage of homes in Japan than in the United States had broadband, and Japan had moved well beyond the basic connections still in use in the United States. Today, nearly all Japanese have access to "high-speed" broadband, with an average connection speed 16 times faster than in the United States -- for only about $22 a month. Even faster "ultra-high-speed" broadband, which runs through fiber-optic cable, is scheduled to be available throughout the country for $30 to $40 a month by the end of 2005. And that is to say nothing of Internet access through mobile phones, an area in which Japan is even further ahead of the United States.



My picture post was honest. Yours was a waste of time and space.


To Mod: Can I link ? If not sorry. It is informative :)
 
JL_Audio_User said:
:confused: What are you saying? I'm in Japan, and this is what we get, It's pretty much par for the course in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan nowadays.

Instead of being an as*hole and insulting people, you should do just a little bit of research first.

Japan, South Korea = T1-T3 HIGH speed Broadband .

learn to read :rolleyes: .

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20050501faessay84311/thomas-bleha/down-to-the-wire.htmls.








My picture post was honest. Yours was a waste of time and space.


To Mod: Can I link ? If not sorry. It is informative :)

lol 0wn@g3. i saw this documentary on tv about how far ahead asian countries are than us. they said 10-20mbps connections is like dialup to them. i believe they seoul is leading the speed race in that area, but im not sure.
 
speedtest.jpg


not my house.. but the computer I use to download and browse from. ;)
 
^NICE

TCP/Web100 Network Diagnostic Tool v5.2.1e
DO NOT USE YOUR CONNECTION WHILE TEST IS RUNNING
click START to begin
Preparing Speedtest . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
running 10s outbound test (upload) . . . . . 249.03Kb/s
running 10s inbound test (download) . . . . . . 2.47Mb/s

Your speed is 44.99 times faster than 56Kb dialup

Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

Im on a WiFi connection and I have my diablo 2 game going.
 
2005-05-12 23:46:19 EST: 4124 / 360
Your download speed : 4223173 bps, or 4124 kbps.
A 515.5 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 368890 bps, or 360 kbps.

Basic Comcast
 
2543/377

Rogers High-Speed Express, rated at 3mbps/384kbps. Not bad, I'm pretty satisfied, but I know a lot of people who end up complaining a lot.
 
SupaFly99 said:
Dual Comcast 3500/256 on a Xincom load balanced router

LOL ......I have 2 PTD 3000/256 ( Penn Tell Data) accts set up the same way...Love my Xincom:)
 
My connection is mediocre. Comcast gives us a measly 40kBps upstream. I don't even want to do the speed test, too embarassing.
 
Back
Top