• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How Crytek Doomed Crysis 2 For the PC

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Although we touched on this a bit earlier today in this post, trust me when I say we aren't the only people that think Crytek doomed Crysis 2 for the PC.

As Crytek stated in the past, the PC version development would not be hurt by the console versions. Then how come there isn’t already the DX11 path? How come there isn’t a 64bit executable file? How come there is still the ‘press start button’ (in order to fix it, you’ll have to update the game with the day-0 patch)? How come there are still issues with those that have 5.1/7.1 sound systems and are forced to select 2.1 from their soundcard’s control panel? And for the love of God, how come there aren’t any advanced settings as we are talking about a PC game?
 
^^ Can't disagree with any of those points.

I think some of that can be manually added in the system.cfg file, though, but still.
 
And yet Metacritic gives it an average of 89; looks like review sites are selling out too. I think I'll be sticking to user reviews from now on, this is getting ridiculous. I'm glad I cancelled my preorder :cool:.
 
It seems hard to belive that they have done it like this. Considerinng what an impact the original had on the pc gaming world you would think that they would want to repeat that. Though I guess I can understand the allure of the console market.
 
Yeah, I loaded up the demo and decided it was a piece of crap. It's one of the worst games visually I've seen out in a long time.

Gearbox said the same things about Borderlands, and while it was a thoroughly enjoyable game, the consolization was rampant...I mean it had an open mic w/no PTT option that couldn't be disabled outside of the config....I can't wait for Serious Sam to come out, because I have good faith in Croteam.
 
Damn that article hit every nail perfectly.

The I found funny was stuff crytek said couldnt be done, was done by the modding community.

So this tells me Modders are better programmers then Crytek LOL
 
What? Crytek said that the graphics control would be just like it has in Crysis and Crysis Warhead on PC. What info do you have? And the DX11 part is true and the rest false.
 
Yeah, I loaded up the demo and decided it was a piece of crap. It's one of the worst games visually I've seen out in a long time.

Gearbox said the same things about Borderlands, and while it was a thoroughly enjoyable game, the consolization was rampant...I mean it had an open mic w/no PTT option that couldn't be disabled outside of the config....I can't wait for Serious Sam to come out, because I have good faith in Croteam.

Are you serious? Did you even play on max settings? The Crysis 2 Maxed out demo looked better than PS3 and 360 combined. You're a troll the game looked better than a lot of new age games today, and besides in the dem they give you the message about it not being the final product and things still being worked on. The final version of Crysis 2 on PC far excels the Crysis 1
 
Are you serious? Did you even play on max settings? The Crysis 2 Maxed out demo looked better than PS3 and 360 combined. You're a troll the game looked better than a lot of new age games today, and besides in the dem they give you the message about it not being the final product and things still being worked on. The final version of Crysis 2 on PC far excels the Crysis 1

The fact that you tried to compare a PC game to a console game sums up the article perfectly.

It was made for you and your console, not the PC.
 
Are you serious? Did you even play on max settings? The Crysis 2 Maxed out demo looked better than PS3 and 360 combined. You're a troll the game looked better than a lot of new age games today, and besides in the dem they give you the message about it not being the final product and things still being worked on. The final version of Crysis 2 on PC far excels the Crysis 1

I played the game on at at max settings w/decent frames, and my opinion stands.
 
Are you serious? Did you even play on max settings? The Crysis 2 Maxed out demo looked better than PS3 and 360 combined. You're a troll the game looked better than a lot of new age games today, and besides in the dem they give you the message about it not being the final product and things still being worked on. The final version of Crysis 2 on PC far excels the Crysis 1
Normally I don't pay any mind to registration date/seniority on forums, but circumstances being what they are with you registering today to defend this piece of shit release, I am going to call shill.
 
Even id is doing it. The former Grandmaster of FPS gaming. Yes it's been probably 10 years since they've been relevant but...damn. How sad is that.
 
While I wouldn't exactly agree with what Oldie said, the graphics are definitely not on par with what I expected them to be and I was less than impressed. Oh well, I'm glad I didn't get hyped for this just to be disappointed.
 
Considering companies want to stay in business, and console sales eclipse PC sales by leaps and bounds, this is no surprise.
 
Crytek.... they obviously only care about their ignorantly made dollar.

Crysis was a decent game, this one looks very, very disappointing to the VERY LARGE AND UNSEEN PC gamer market.

In turn, what they don't realize, is that PC gamers will write most of the BAD reviews, thus making a HUGE decline in their OVERALL sales, not just PC but all systems sales. Consolers DONT GIVE A SHIT about games, they mostly just want to kill time. PC Gamers truly get into the games, and mod community.

Crytek is just another bunch of older, out-of-touch, wannabe gamers it seems... and they truly only care about putting food on their family table, not the games they make (which is totally possible as seen by other good dev companies)
 
Also, where are all the people out there saying that graphics != gameplay?
 
The sad thing is, they will point at how great it sold on the consoles and how poorly it sold on the PC and claim that PC gaming is dead and they are shifting focus to the consoles.
 
It's a real bummer for DX11... but i'am running this game at almost 80fps constant with 2x460 SLI so i really don't care about Options, i would have put everthing to extreme anyway. The only true option i miss is selectable MSAA...
 
Are you serious? Did you even play on max settings? The Crysis 2 Maxed out demo looked better than PS3 and 360 combined. You're a troll the game looked better than a lot of new age games today, and besides in the dem they give you the message about it not being the final product and things still being worked on. The final version of Crysis 2 on PC far excels the Crysis 1

Seems like YOU may be the troll.

I wasn't very impressed with the demo either. Crytek is looking at $$ not quality.
 
you should see how the eVGA forums are snapping up this game... this is why Crytek/EA doesn't care.
 
I found the graphics on the multiplayer demo to suck ass too. I hoped the single player game would look much better and be decent, as the first one was the same way.
 
And yet Metacritic gives it an average of 89; looks like review sites are selling out too. I think I'll be sticking to user reviews from now on, this is getting ridiculous. I'm glad I cancelled my preorder :cool:.

It wouldn't surprise me if the reviewers that sucked up got earlier NDA dates

Most game sites have to suck up or they lose early access to review copies and ad revenue.
 
I guess i'll be a little sound of reason.

I mean what did you expect from Crytek?

#1. They complained about PC Piracy for Crysis1, The PC Community is inundated with PC Piracy (numbers anywhere from 20% to 40% and even 90%) - it just is, anyone refuting this is just being blind. And the old excuse of "Piracy is on the console too" isn't worth the electrons its typed with. This is OUR community and we should be better than that.

#2. Lets talk about graphics, when Crysis came out it was one of those rare PC gems that really pushed the graphics envelope - even today it is a gold standard for PC gaming graphics. it was a showing of old school PC game innovation that id and epic used to exibit (and other great developers of the past) And how did the PC community React?

Shouts of -
its Unoptimized,
Runs horrible my super gaming system that i should be able to just turn it to Extreme for awesomeness
crytek doesn't know how to program
and on and on and on and on.

Maybe it was just newer pc gamers as i really think the old schoolers appreciated Crysis for what it was, which i guess is a sign that the PC gaming scene really has shifted.



Not to defend Crytek for its consolification of Crysis 2 but the PC gaming community (us, you, me) have to take some responsibilty for pushing pc developers in the direction we are going.
 
runs smooth here.
Graphics isnt very impressive but ok.
lack of settings...
motionblur to make stuff look prettier.
sound issues.
no 64 bit .exe

hmm, none of theese were present before...
 
The PC Community is inundated with PC Piracy (numbers anywhere from 20% to 40% and even 90%) - it just is, anyone refuting this is just being blind.
There would be no reason to try and refute meaningless statistics. You can just say "those statistics are meaningless" and that's effectively the end of the argument.

Not to defend Crytek for its consolification of Crysis 2 but the PC gaming community (us, you, me) have to take some responsibilty for pushing pc developers in the direction we are going.
I bought Far Cry, Crysis and Warhead. It seems like I was sending a pretty clear message of what I, as a consumer, wanted to support and see more of. If Crytek ignores that fact, I really can't be blamed for it — I am not responsible for anyone else's stupidity and shortsightedness when it comes to their business dealings.

If you want to try and take the blame for Crytek's actions, go right ahead. I'll be over here not shoveling shit in my mouth by subjecting myself to the torture of their idea of a PC game.
 
The lack of graphics adjustments is the biggest thing that bothers me. The gameplay actually seems pretty decent for the singleplayer but I hate that I can't disable motion blur.

My main complaints are these:
No graphics customization
Revamped lean system for consoles
No references to nomad or psycho as of yet, prophet dies in the first 2 minutes of the game.
 
I loved original crysis game. When I played the demo of crysis 2 I could see that they had ruins the graphics. Crysis 1 looked 10 times better. Don't just be a fanboy because u spent money on it. Just tell the truth like it is. Crysis1>crysis2
 
so how does this compare with the original crysis... that still is the bar to go by IMO, as long as it didn't take a step back I'll be happy with graphics... however non-linear gameplay is the main reason I played Far Cry, or Crysis for as long as I did, as a whole I hate FPS games, but that aspect of it made it tolerable and quite fun.
 
Back
Top