How About some 8043x1600 Goodness

very impressive... i have thought about 3x30" screens (and that about as far as i have got)

apart from the cost, which is always a factor, i am yet to work out how to make the room for it without the screens geting in the way of other stuff
now i know, if i can make the space, it really does look impressive

how about some crysis pics :D

Everyone wants to know how to afford this kind of stuff. Some good advice to follow is like what you do, work hard, be ambitious and keep trying, never stop trying. I have always wanted to do something like this since I can't remember, expensive hobby you might say but when you work for it then get it all together its fantastic to see what you have accomplished. I meet people all the time that think they are in a rut or can't get motivated or get unstuck. It's about persistence in going after what you want, the world meets nobody halfway. I know there are a lot of college students on this forum. It's tough now for them but don't let that stop you or slow you down from getting experience in the world. Don't be one of those kids that mulls through school expecting to find that killer job fall into your lap. Work on getting experiences in the job/career you want your Junior year, start lining things up for after graduation. Those first few jobs are priceless for building experience. Don't take the easy way either, you'll find doing things yourself reward you later when you know how to do them well.

There's my speach for everyone that wants to know how I paid for all this. Now go out and never give up!
boxing.gif

NO NO NO. you guys got it all wrong. He is in the health industry. (Doctor, consultant, scientist, Etc.)

I was gonna go three 30's then I just went three 24's as the cards were not powerful enough at the time so this is what I ended up with (three dell U2410s @6048x1200)
0506201017057.jpg

I love my setup but the bezels do annoy me and I was looking for alternate master rig solutions and then I saw this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clNKD6lSXMY&feature=channel
this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0xIl41z04&feature=channel
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pAm_p0YCyg&feature=related

so now I want to make this
Scalable2screen.jpg

I've looked into projectors and going curved screen. I decided 3x 30" nVidia Surround was better.

Curved screen/multi-projector setups have a ton of issues and cannot even come close to the clarity of 3x 30" screens.

I'm not even sure tri-SLI 480s will be able to get great framerates at that massive resolution. Not unless you're willing to turn down some settings. But triple monitor Surround is definitely an awesome experience. Enjoy your new rig now. When fermi 2 comes out, I think the horsepower will finally be there to fully realize the surround experience.

Just added the third card today and the rest of the ram...works great. Danger Den delivered the WC stuff, I'll start working on it this week. Here's a pic of my partially dry system

TriSLiBeast.jpg

Very nice setup Digital. I think we can all agree that is one [H]ardCore PC ;).

Must hurt the neck muscles eh? I have two 30" for work purposes, and I find I really only use the 2nd 30" for referencing a manual or article etc, I don't actually use it / code or design on the 2nd monitor.

Have fun :)

One large issue I am running into with 12+ mega pixels is the 1.5GB of memory isn't enough to run 4x AA in a lot of games. I wish they made 2GB 480's.

wow, nice stuff. I've been thinking about 3x30" for a while now but haven't figured out how to get it past the wife...

wow, simply wow. fantastic setup man, and kudos. you're not dealing CFX issues.

No, it's called bezel correction, learn about the technology so you don't look so foolish next time.
You realize that fake pixels are fake, right? His monitors are 2560x1600, regardless of what extra pixels the GPUs are pumping out into thin air.

3x30" is sexy enough that using fake pixels to get a higher number just cheapens it. I run duals and the idea of purposely telling the GPU(s) to render extra pixels that don't get displayed just seems...dumb.

Effin Sweet OP.

As for the resolution argument. You don't see the BC pixels, but your cards still draw those...at least for now. I think AMD and NV will learn to cull those pixels soon.

@GLSauron......go pee in someone else's Wheaties...

Very nice set-up. I would have gone for 3 30"s but just cannot fit them in my space. Ignore the idiots that have no idea what they are talking about.

As Kyle said the GFX cards still have to draw the pixels that are behind the bezel so you are running that res. You get lower performance (very slightly) when you use bezel management but it is much better in game as things don't jump between screens.

As a matter of interest can you please run a quick check of the gpu temps on air with a game to see what they are. I am still trying to make up my mind whether I need the third card might wait and see what ati come up with :D.

You work hard to get what you have enjoy it and ignore the twats.

following this thread makes me wanna get a third 480 GTX...im gonna go browse the for sale forums now =P

Very nice OP!

*stands in line waiting for the Fallout 3 screens* :D

Were you able to get fallout 3 to work properly on three monitors? The game is SO close to working, but the computer consoles don't work properly. The only fix I was able to apply made the monitors scale so I could see most of the screen, but the text is so blurry I can barely, and sometimes simply cannot, read what they say.

That makes all consoles, including the ones you have to hack and the ones you need to use simply to open a door, nearly inaccessible.

I have 3x 30" spread over different desks in my room. But with Bezel management, I run a resolution of 103,456x1600! I have a 165 mega-pixel display!

With my 24's in front of me, I cannot imagine having another 6 inches of screen on beach monitor. Awesome set up, I hope to have this one day when I graduate. Until then....

Back