HOT : Titan Quest + Exp (Gold Ed) - $9.99 on Steam

That is an insanely good deal. It's not easy to find that much entertainment for only $9.99.

This game is as good as D2 in my opinion. I had a LOT of fun with it. Played it through probably 5 times at about 25-40 hours a time.

The only game that came close to diablo 2.

What I did miss from diablo 2 was the closed battlenet and no random maps.

For $10 this is a no brainer, great game!

The graphics are way better on this game than D2 and the gameplay is pretty much identical. It's only bite is no random maps. So after my five times through there is a been there done that feeling. BUT there are like 8 character types for primary and secondary classes and the classes are all very unique and fun. Try a Hunter Earth Combination or Hunter Rogue combination. Those are my two favorites. I really like Hunter because you can be both bow and spear. Shoot them at a distance, and when they get close whip out your spear and do some massive hand to hand damage. Dream Mastery Class is also very nice.

This is a great game, the wife and I played the hell out of it. Unfortunately, we both eventually got the dreaded "network problems detected" error, and I haven't been able to find a fix since. :confused: If anyone knows how to fix that let me know eh? :) Anyway, well worth the $10.

I found it pretty bad, since everyone else is being so rosy on it I'll just say it wasn't worth the money I paid for it and I don't feel it's worth $10.

Diablo 2 had a good story and its character classes were well thought out. Titan Quest may be long but its pacing was just terrible and drawn out. There was no carrot and by the end of act 1 I was really, really bored.

Bought'd. Never really tried it, looks good though, and very nice price for a whole lot of hours of gaming.

I tried looking for an online game though... say it isn't so, there are 0 servers?! Or do I have to register first or something

I played a decent amount of Diablo 2 and this was the best game since Diablo 2 in that genre. Can't wait for Diablo 3.

It's a steal at this price. I paid full price for the first game (no expansion) and thought it was pretty well justified. :D

One thing, though: it's very close to D2, but I found that the action unfolded a little slower, though that might have been due to gear and class.

Actually, I'm tempted to get it at this price, but knowing that I still need to purchase Fallout 3 holds me back from doing so. Oh, and Left 4 Dead. :p

Finished my second play through and starting on my second. Earth/Nature with lots of pets the first time Dreamer/Spirit with lots of spells and aura's the second time. This time i'm looking at Diviner/??? as a caster. The class combinations alone make this much better than Diablo 2.

yea i just saw this, always wanted to pick it up better never bothered til now..

sometimes steam weekend deals are pretty good.

I just purchased this but every time I try to click Play Game I get an invalid CD Key error.

Anyone else run into this?

Nope, haven't seen that on steam at all. Might want to try their support. The few times I've had to contact them, they've been very responsive.

I bit. Used to play this a fair bit, but I was borrowing a friend's copy, so...

This is a great game to play through with a couple of buddies, its very similar to diablo 2 but with 10 times better graphics, and a great hold-over until Diablo 3 comes out. Worth the $$!

Thanks OP...? Dammit, I just put in 12 hours in over the past three days in this game (I just got to Athens in the main quest). Really good game, basically D2 with updated, really nice-looking graphics. I'd totally missed this one, but it brought my raging hoarding addiction back. Should be a great travel/in-flight game for my laptop.

Runs perfectly at 1920x1080 highest settings on my 9800M GTS.

Does anyone know how I can transfer saved games to my main PC? Can't Steam do this automatically now...?

Thanks OP...? Dammit, I just put in 12 hours in over the past three days in this game (I just got to Athens in the main quest). Really good game, basically D2 with updated, really nice-looking graphics. I'd totally missed this one, but it brought my raging hoarding addiction back. Should be a great travel/in-flight game for my laptop.

Runs perfectly at 1920x1080 highest settings on my 9800M GTS.

Does anyone know how I can transfer saved games to my main PC? Can't Steam do this automatically now...?
I don't know that there's an automatic way, but by default the saved game data goes into Documents\My Games\Titan Quest (and) \Titan Quest - Immortal Throne.
They're relatively small files, so you could just copy them & e-mail, host them for yourself, stick them on a thumb drive, etc., pasting them back to the same location on your main system.

1. Game is great...even when I got it for $20
2. Tons of variations.
3. Tons of fun with hax. Allows you to play through the game and actually see all the phat lewts.

Back