HOT FIRE! Acer Predator x34 (GSYNC) - Refurbished - $729.99 SHIPPED

lyang238

Gawd
I posted this on Overclock.net and wanted to share this with anyone interested in a G Sync Ultrawide.

Price is $729.99 shipped out the door for a refurbished X34 Predator that you can't really find anywhere else right now.

I picked one up. We'll see how it goes!

http://acerrecertified.com/UM.CX1AA.A01.RB1

So tempting, I still kind of want to hold out for the Asus PG348Q. Anyone jumping on this? No mention of any kind of warranty.

Edit: looks like 90 day warranty only? seems like a big risk.

That is a killer deal assuming you get a good one, dead pixels would be my biggest worry. Paid $1300 for mine and don't regret it, it's a steal at that price.

I guess I could always return it if there's an issue.

Epic deal. I had a LG 3440x1440 monitor last year. I sold it because the GPU horsepower required is too much, you need SLI to really drive this resolution.

Im almost tempted to buy this on impulse.... I only have a 850m lolol

Oh good, it's out of stock. If I wasn't I don't think I could have stopped myself from buying it.

Refurbished meaning someone probably returned it for BLB or dead pixels.. no thanks.

If you get a good one, it's the best monitor ever. If you get a good one. I got lucky and caught a deal at Microenter. Got mine brand new for $1000. It's perfect and I fucking love it. Didn't love the two prior X34's that I had to return for several issues.

If they come back in stock and you were to get a good monitor, this deal is smoking hot.

Refurbished meaning someone probably returned it for BLB or dead pixels.. no thanks.

That's what I'm worried about, and I'm really picky about that stuff too. Makes buying any monitor a hassle for me. :(

I actually had to cancel my order bc the screen won't fit my desk area :( There should be one more up soon I'm thinking.

Hot if you look at the price BUT

Acer refurbished come with 90 day warranties vs. the 3 year a new one does.

Something to think about.

However, the best monitor that I've ever owned with no issues and I paid 1300+...... Wish I would've waited for this.

Also a heads up, I have returned this monitor twice and given up due to scanline issues. I have been very vocal about this as a $1300 monitor should have been properly tested.

However, if I were to get it at this price...... I may just shut up and deal with it.

From Acer about the scanline issue:
Source: http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Monitors/MULTIPLE-Problems-with-New-X34/td-p/390434/page/83

"In regards to the scanline issue, I have been provided with an update. Scanlines are an effect caused by rapidly changing refresh rate. Variations in the refresh rate create an increased holding time that results in the accumulation of an electrical charge. When this charge is released, it causes small variations in the frame that result in faint horizontal lines.

We certainly appreciate everyone’s patience and the feedback that has been provided by many of you. Unfortunately, this is a side effect for cutting edge technology and while there is not a fix to be applied, we will continue to make efforts to minimize and eliminate these types of limitations in future releases."

Stop supporting NVIDIA and their overpriced proprietary goods, you capitalist pigs.

Nope. I'm quite happy to be a capitalist and support a capitalist market. If AMD wants my money then they need to have the better product when I'm in the market to buy new hardware.

This is in stock again..

Thanks OP

NP That was probably mine! I didn't realize how wide this thing was. It would literally stick beyond my desk so I had to cancel my order:(. Looks like I have to stick with my 270HU for now.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking Christ... I paid nearly that for the Dell. I would kill a man for G-sync in my budget. I hate you, Acer.

Jesus fucking Christ... I paid nearly that for the Dell. I would kill a man for G-sync in my budget. I hate you, Acer.

What is Dell's return policy? LOL Just saying. Also for those complaining on the warranty term... purchase a Square Trade warranty and be way under retail for the same or more amount of factory warranty.

What is Dell's return policy? LOL Just saying. Also for those complaining on the warranty term... purchase a Square Trade warranty and be way under retail for the same or more amount of factory warranty.

Got it from Best Buy, more than a month ago, so I'm SOL. Seriously considering selling the thing (I do love it, honestly) and getting the Acer... but I'll probably stick with what I have. I'm 100% sure the Dell has better color quality and I've heard too much about Acer's QC issues; that matters a lot to me. I've never even seen Gsync working, so as long as I keep my head in the sand I should be alright. :(

Back