HOT FIRE! Acer Predator x34 (GSYNC) - Refurbished - $729.99 SHIPPED

No it's not this thread was supposed to be about the GSYNC model. This $679 dealie is not it. Sorry if sounding annoyed just would want the monitor and it's confusing! This thread mostly still exists (more recent posts) of people falsely getting this monitor and returning it because it is not the GSYNC one.

Last edited:
No, I ordered mine this morning for $849.99 USD. I did report seeing Best Buy refurbs of the X34 going for $679 but you have to be at the store that has it cause it doesn't look like they are willing to ship it anywhere, in store pick up only.

Anyway, I decided that $850 shipped was OK by me, I have been waiting for the right price for a couple of months and I have decided that the difference between this price and my target price just wasn't worth waiting any longer so I pulled the trigger.

Again, anyone know how long that DP cable should be. I may need to order a longer one?

No, I ordered mine this morning for $849.99 USD. I did report seeing Best Buy refurbs of the X34 going for $679 but you have to be at the store that has it cause it doesn't look like they are willing to ship it anywhere, in store pick up only.

Anyway, I decided that $850 shipped was OK by me, I have been waiting for the right price for a couple of months and I have decided that the difference between this price and my target price just wasn't worth waiting any longer so I pulled the trigger.

Again, anyone know how long that DP cable should be. I may need to order a longer one?

I had to get a longer one. I think mine was only three feet long.

That's still not a bad price. I paid $930 for my refurb from walmart, but I also grabbed the three year warranty.

Oh shit, and what about Audio, does DP carry an audio signal like HDMI does?

Actually, attractive offer.
But. I really do not understand why there are so many people delighted with Acer Predator x34. Sure, it is great! But you can easily find many monitors with similar technical details for less money.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-gaming-monitors
Quality is good, but the price is inflated. Anyway, it is my personal opinion.

But. I really do not understand why there are so many people delighted with Acer Predator x34. Sure, it is great! But you can easily find many monitors with similar technical details for less money.

It's one of two monitors that offer 34", Ultrawide, curve, IPS screen, and 100hz. The combination really is magnificent.

Before it I had a 40' 4k monitor that I paid $700 for. I always felt that it was overpriced for what I was getting. Never once have I felt that way about the x34 predator. (Paid $940 for refurb one with tax and warranty from walmart)

Let me take a stab at it.

A few years ago I rebuilt my desktop and I made a conscious decision at that time, to avoid going beyond 1080P. I knew that if I stayed at the 1080P threshold I could save a lot of money. I bought a 4GB GTX 670, (if I remember correctly), and I was good. At least I was good until I finally decided to wanted to go with an ultrawide 21:9 display. At that point I knew I didn't want a 29", the physical height of the monitor would be smaller than what I had right now and I like the panel height of my 27" 1080P displays.

So, first requirement, I need a 34" 21:9.

Next I started looking for a panel and I found several people tell me that I would not be happy with 2560 x 1080 on a 34" ultrawide. I can't see spending $500+ and feeling like I made a mistake so 3440 x 1440 it is, the second requirement is now set.

Now we start getting into some simple mathematical / horsepower requirements. A display this large means I need some horsepower for the new video card, the new NVidia cards were coming out and I can recognize a superior engineering solution when I see one. When a new product comes out that is faster and does more while using less power and generating less heat, this is a solution, so I bought a new GTX 1070 card.

And because of the display and demand, if the card is going to struggle at all, or when the day comes that the card is going to struggle, the only technology that will make a real difference is Adaptive Sync, I have an NVidia card so G-Sync it is. At least with an ultrawide I don't need multiple monitors with G-Sync, the one will do. Requirement number three.

And although the high refresh rate of 100Hz and the curved display was not a requirement, once I experienced the higher refresh rate for myself, I was sold. Now even though the higher refresh rate wasn't so big, and neither was the curved display, you can not find any other monitors that have 21:9 3440 x 1440 with G-Sync, 100Hz + the curve is just nice along for the ride.

In fact, go to Newegg, use the filters, click only the display resolution of 3440 x 1440 and the Adaptive Sync option of G-Sync and you will only get these two monitors.

Now someone is going to say that there are Freesync monitors available cheaper and they would be correct. But a 3440 X 1440 Freesync is going to require how much AMD processing power and how much power from the PSU? You will save on the monitor only to spend it on an additional graphix card and needing a more powerful PSU that will also run louder and hotter and use more power.

Now I can't get to that website from work, i wish I could read the article. But if he says something that I am missing I'd like to know. I already bought what I have, but if I am missing something I would rather be able to recommend an option then continue on the way I am going here.

Back