Hot: eVGA GeForce 480 for $250

Damn thats tempting. I'm really thinking about picking two up to replace my two GTX560 2GB non tis.

I have a zotac amp 480 that takes up three slots, been thinking about sli. Sorry if this is off topic but if I added this one the fans from the top card (zotac) would be right up against the pcb of the second if I added one. Would this be ok? Second, corsair hx850 to run both with an oced i2700k?

I have a zotac amp 480 that takes up three slots, been thinking about sli. Sorry if this is off topic but if I added this one the fans from the top card (zotac) would be right up against the pcb of the second if I added one. Would this be ok? Second, corsair hx850 to run both with an oced i2700k?

Place a piece of cardboard over the pci-e slot where the card would go and watch how much temps will rise. Just hold it there while stressing the card for a bit.

Your PSU would be fine, but the cards would run HOT. I had 470 SLI for awhile and with them sandwiched it ran extremely warm and made the fans noisy. Once I gave a slot of space between them it was nice and normal :D.

Your PSU would be fine, but the cards would run HOT. I had 470 SLI for awhile and with them sandwiched it ran extremely warm and made the fans noisy. Once I gave a slot of space between them it was nice and normal :D.

I am leaning towards selling my 480 and upgrading but dang this card runs great. Damn upgrade itch.

well look at what he has the one gtx480 oced to though. a gtx480 oced to 865 will easily pull well over 300 watts by itself so two of those cards at that speed with his oced cpu would really push that psu hard.

Back