Hot deals for folders

Newegg shell shocker:
Antec Neo Eco 520C for 39.99 with free shipping.

80+ and will run most boxen quite well as long as it isn't a SR-2 or GPU heavy.

will need a molex to eps adapters for any 2Ps but still a good deal. I picked up 3 for the PC shop I work at.

This has to be smoking!
I can recommend that Asus 2P from personal experience - decent layout, good bios, good quality build, and solid BIOS. It fired right up with a 2P Folding build and Unbuntu 10.10.

oops - "out of stock"
If it comes back at that price and if you want a 2P Folder, don't hesitate.

Faster than a cheapo USB stick for about the same price, not too bad of a deal.

a post in the thread mentioned that it is not ideal for OS"s, and possibly quite slow, not sure in what way though.

a post in the thread mentioned that it is not ideal for OS"s, and possibly quite slow, not sure in what way though.

They are also pre-imaged with winxp from what the listing says. they may have enough snort for a folding box.

That wuold be Istanbul, right? What sort of PPD might that pull?

Last edited:
What does "dodeca" stand for? I'm buying one of those 4 way Supermicro boards next week. I picked up 4...8380 Opterons for $60 shipped. I'll pick up some six core Istanbuls when the prices drop below $100 per proc. :)

I got 4 x 8431 2.4Ghz Istanbul hex's on ebay for $240 ($60 per CPU) in pairs. 4 x 8431 will get you around 170K PPD on 6903. 8 will get you 514K PPD on 6903 and 540K PPD on 6904 :D. If you are going to get that board, try to get it for under $200... There were 4P Tyan boards on newegg last year for $200 new. It is not worth the huge financial outlay for a less efficient system. Now if you find a Tyan S4985G3NR you will have the chance to upgrade it to 8P if you find the expansion board and HT interconnects for it :D.

You can sometimes find 8425HE 2.1Ghz for $60 starting bid ($30 per CPU) in pairs which should get around 150K PPD in 4P and probably around 400K+ for 8P with a nice power consumption reduction.

Woa, nice! are the interconnects and expansion board impossible to find?

Ug- Tyan's site sucks... but their 4p boards (TYAN S8812) look amazing!

Last edited:
I got 4 x 8431 2.4Ghz Istanbul hex's on ebay for $240 ($60 per CPU) in pairs.

Good Christ. Back in July/Aug those where going for $300 a pop. The price of those dropped like a rock. Almost make me regret dumping the 4P socket-f system I had..... then again it funded a good amount of the SR-2 system :D

Good Christ. Back in July/Aug those where going for $300 a pop. The price of those dropped like a rock. Almost make me regret dumping the 4P socket-f system I had..... then again it funded a good amount of the SR-2 system :D

Good luck finding them now at that price.....I guess I"ll need to set up a search....

2419's (which won't work in 4p boxes) are dirt cheap at ~$19 a piece.

Not only did I get pairs (all within #200 of each other) ... one set was a matched sequential pair! #160 & 161 if memory serves.

Look for buybest16 he had a shit load of socket F hexes 8425HE ($60/pair) 8431 ($100/pair) 8439SE ($249/pair).

Ff any active folder wants (and would play) Dirt 2, I have an extra steam activation key, GONE.

Last edited:
shame that 6128s wont meet the new bigadv- deadlines in a 2p build anymore.

There is also a seller who has them listed for 150 obo and will take $100 each in case some one is interested and misses out on the ones you linked.

Back