Hot deals for folders

bitcoin mining, OS drive for server with non-raided storage pool, gaming comp main drive with 7200 for Steam/Games, family comps that get regular WHS backups, HTPC with off-site storage, etc... Those things have lots of uses

Yup. it's just perfect for me since i use it for dedicated folding rigs. No data needs to be worry about ;)

Some people could lose 300k+ points in a single hard drive failure. That'd be like a weeks worth of production to me! :p

No. Dont even consider them. The Samsung 830's are the deal to consider. Unless you want to save a couple bucks and buy Crucial M4's from newegg, they are running at about $.95 per gb

No. Dont even consider them. The Samsung 830's are the deal to consider. Unless you want to save a couple bucks and buy Crucial M4's from newegg, they are running at about $.95 per gb

Agreed. If you're in the market for SSD's - Samsung, Crucial M4's or Intel.

I have a couple older OCZ SSD drives that I use without any issues. Just curious why they are not listed with Samsung, Crucial M4's or Intel. I prefer Intel SSDs, but they are not always on sale.

1st gen were fine. Second gen had all sorts of problems, OCZ support is terrible and they changed products out with lesser performing models but didn't change model numbers or tell customers.

People were buying drives a good bit slower than what they thought they were purchasing because ocz decided to change the internals mid run and not tell anyone.

Mostly for the really high failure rate tho.

I have 4 32GB PS-100s, the generation older Patriot drives. Two in a mirror for my Desktop(Linux) and 2 as data store for my ESXi box. They hold OI(16GB mirror), a Linux VM and pfSense and are about full. For folding Torqx or PS-100 are fine, but for anything else 32GB is basically useless from my experience. I also have 1 Torqx in my OSX laptop, never store anything on there though.

I don't see any problem with OCZ support .. Specially with their rebate.

I ordered a couple and will let you know after I get them in.

Definitely will be looking for you feedback.

I had to shutdown my two 4P systems, unplug all the 15K SAS drives, boot off USB flash drives, and run off of slow 5200 SATA disks. I miss my RAID performance :(

I bought a Samsung 256gb SSD from the 'Egg this morning. $190 with free shipping; NO rebate; use this coupon code for email subscribers:

EMCYTZT1815

No.

Samsung 830 Series 256GB Internal SATA III MLC Solid State Drive $189.99 Free Shipping
Newegg has the Samsung 830 Series (MZ-7PC256B/WW) 256GB 2.5" Internal SATA III MLC Solid State Drive (SSD) for $189.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "EMCYTZT1815" (Exp 6/28). Tax in CA, NJ, TN. [Compare Prices]

You can find the same coupon code at tech bargains . com for all to use. It is not limited to my email address.

You can find the same coupon code at tech bargains . com for all to use. It is not limited to my email address.

The coupon code is a general one and isn't linked to your e-mail address, but it will only work if you're signed up for their e-mail newsletter.

BTW,

I normally stay away from tech bargains . com because I end up purchasing items I do not need. That seems to happen too often.

In other words, I really like tech bargains . com.

Do not tempt me .... /me looks @ naked SR2 and is releaved with the beauty :D

My Blackhawk Ultra is sitting empty all boxed up. Used about 4 months, so pretty much new condition. I would let it go for $100 + shipping.

^^^ I saw those. Mamma is already pissed at me, been in the dog house for the last week:(

If you pay with paypal, you are still able to get $$ back. I used to get scam by a guy from indonesia ... Got my $$ back within 2weeks.

I went Paypal, I think it'll be fine. I have two of the 27'' Korean LCD's that have been hot for the last few months and both of those transactions went flawlessly.

I think other have bought from him before and everything went well.

Another 4 sold, it now says 10 sold, 7 remaining so they will probably be gone soon. EDIT: it seems he has more

Last edited:
Are they Interlagos? To what non-ES Opteron model would they most closely be equivalent?
One screen shot shows "AMD 61-1" and another shows "AMD Opteron 6174."

Update:

Screens show AMD 61-1, 6160, 6174, 130W, so that would appear to be Magny Cours. Is he mixing screenshots of different processors?

Last edited:
Are they Interlagos? To what non-ES Opteron model would they most closely be equivalent?
One screen shot shows "AMD 61-1" and another shows "AMD Opteron 6174."

Update:

Screens show AMD 61-1, 6160, 6174, 130W, so that would appear to be Magny Cours. Is he mixing screenshots of different processors?

He's showing the difference between the two chips, which is basically the stepping. The ES is D0 while the shipping revision is D1. Also, the ES has a lower northbridge speed compared to shipping revision; 1600mhz D0 vs 1800mhz D1.

Dealt with that seller before w/o issues. It boils down to what the chips can do...

Any idea how they would compare with 6160s? The seller compares them to 6174s, which is quite a stretch, IMO.

Back